India's research efforts in the micro-controller and micro-processor space : The Story so far

Gautam

Feb 16, 2019
Tripura, NE, India
So I wrote another article. You would not believe how much time I took, ask @Ashwin. This article was written in a stop & go manner over a year or so. So there is a high probability you will find incomplete paragraphs, spelling mistakes, incoherent arguments etc. Please let me know of any such mistakes. I didn't have the patience to proofread the whole thing again.

Anyways enjoy reading & let me know what you think:

India's research efforts in the micro-controller and micro-processor space : The Story so far - Strategic Frontier

Good Article hope these private companies doesn't get UP acquired by foreign MNCs.
first it needs to succeed and second need to have a long term plan to compete effectively. The problem with these kind of ventures is, to be sustainable the company needs to capture markets outside the country which gives more profit which in turn can be invested into R&D to compete effectively. If there is no continuous investment into technology then it will die a slow death. Which brings us the question do Indian companies have balls to take on other companies outside India, if past is any indication these home tigers would need a lot of govt help to survive.

So I wrote another article. You would not believe how much time I took, ask @Ashwin. This article was written in a stop & go manner over a year or so. So there is a high probability you will find incomplete paragraphs, spelling mistakes, incoherent arguments etc. Please let me know of any such mistakes. I didn't have the patience to proofread the whole thing again.

Anyways enjoy reading & let me know what you think:

India's research efforts in the micro-controller and micro-processor space : The Story so far - Strategic Frontier
Great article Gautam. I would like to add a few nuggets of information regarding our Exascale computing plan led by CDAC. VEGA isn't going to be used for Exascale computing. CDAC is developing AUM microprocessor with ARM's ZEUS core, later to be further developed in indigenous RISC-V architecture. Our first Exascale HPC is named Param Shankh and targeted to be launched in 2024! Please visit this link and scroll down for all the ppt's available detailing about the same and more. People from Electrical/Electronics background will find a lot of interesting info.

Again kudos for the effort (y)

Reactions: Gautam and Ashwin
Swarajyamag quoting this article:

In December 2021, Gautam Sarkar, seemingly an Indian defence enthusiast, came up with a compilation titled India’s Semiconductor Research Efforts : The Story So Far. This compilation gave multiple examples of chips fabricated at SCL already.

• Love
Reactions: Sathya
Ff06IAgVQAIeMMP

Reactions: Arpuism and Ashwin