Indian Railways Junction

I am myself a big fan of MEMU/EMU local trains, especially the under trail 3 phase and if possible with 💯 AC. It's far far better than the conventional disel/electric locomotive powered short distance passenger/Intercity express trains.

Ministry of Railways is granted the first recognition under the Scheme for Recognition of Standard Development Organisations

BIS has launched a scheme for recognition of SDO's as the umbrella organization for steering India’s standardization efforts​

The Union Minister of State for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Shri Ashwini Kuma Choubey in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today informed that a number of government organizations have applied to Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) for recognition under the BIS scheme of Standards Development Organizations (SDOs). The Research Design and Standards Organization (RDSO), Ministry of Railways, has been granted the first recognition under the Scheme for Recognition of SDOs in the country.

At present, there are a number of domain specific Standards Developing Organizations (SDOs) in the country that develop standards in their respective areas. With increasing convergence of technologies, there is also a need for better coordination of work among all standardization bodies in the country working in different sectors.

As per BIS Act, 2016, BIS may recognize or accredit any institution in India or outside which is engaged in standardization. As the National Standards Body, it is the responsibility of Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), to ensure that there is synergy in the standardization work taking place in the country and that there is no overlap or duplication of the work carried out by other Standards Developing Bodies.

With the objective of ensuring one national standard for one subject in the country, BIS has launched a scheme for recognition of SDO's as the umbrella organization for steering India’s standardization efforts, by recognizing these bodies and wherever necessary, recognizing the standards developed by these bodies as Indian Standards.

Screenshot_20211222-144408.png

What has gotten into Indian trains!!! Punjab mail playing Need for speed from quite some time!?! Maintaining MPS of 130 Kmph with ease on Bina Bhopal stretch. Though app is giving me 135 Kmph and even higher in Jhansi Bina section but I doubt the accuracy of GPS based apps over MPS limit of IR.

Reactions: Gautam
Same observation was made while going from Mumbai to Jhansi. Train had to stop before major stations like itarasi to delay it, to match on time schedule.

Reactions: Gautam