Indian Railways Junction

Not sure if Train 18 will make a comeback or not, but Vande Bharat project is reportedly back on track. We might hear good news on this front soon.

What's the connection?
Vande Bharat is a project of PMOs image you may say. So the Railways has announced that it will open revised bids for operating more such trains soon.

The first two Vande Bharat had Train 18 rakes. The coming Vande Bharat trains may not have the Train 18 rake but a 12 - 16 car rake powered by aerodynamic WAP5 in push pull configuration. There are problems in the electric multiple unit configuration, but PMO wants quicker implementation as we have important state elections coming up.

Usual siding lengths in IR network is 400-600 meters I think. So most of the freights are 45-55 car long of around 500-550 meters long.

But with the DFCs, the freight will not require to have frequent stops and give way to passenger rakes.

We should see 100 car long rake of 800-900 meter long in regular services on these routes soon.

This is how Indian Babu tries to kill a beautiful project like Train 18 . Luckily govt intervene to fix all the issues

Long overdue & welcome news though I suspect those involved in the project be they from ICF or the vendor's end would have not only not been not rewarded but in all likelihood totally ignored. Reminds me of that wonderful movie Pankaj Kapur starrer - Ek Doctor Ki Maut . Our bureaucracy ensures it's still topical.

• Agree
Reactions: TARGET
Long overdue & welcome news though I suspect those involved in the project be they from ICF or the vendor's end would have not only not been not rewarded but in all likelihood totally ignored. Reminds me of that wonderful movie Pankaj Kapur starrer - Ek Doctor Ki Maut . Our bureaucracy ensures it's still topical.
Luckily, we have some good people on top like Piyush Goyal... who is not illiterate and follow Babu's idea. ICF completely lost the track for Train 20.

Reactions: _Anonymous_
What happened to Train 20 ? How's it an improvement over Train 18 ? Any info? @Ankit Kumar
While T18 was meant to replace the Shatabdi types, T20 was a slightly longer T18 variant with sleeping berths aiming to replace the Rajdhani and Duranto type trains.

As of yet nothing seems out. But the IR is trying to get streamlined push pull WAP5 combo to work for the Rajdhani trains. Let's see what comes out.
Luckily, we have some good people on top like Piyush Goyal... who is not illiterate and follow Babu's idea. ICF completely lost the track for Train 20.
Piyush Goyal no doubt is a competent man. But Indian Railways is just too big for a single man even like him. Do not expect him to be flawless. There will be mistakes here and there but that's it.

And your wish has been most probably fulfilled.

And your wish has been most probably fulfilled.

That Chinese company has bid for the propulsion system & other electrical components.Furthermore as per the article the bid was made in December. The tender was opened y'day.

We should allow Chinese companies if they are in a JV with an Indian company and that Indian company has majority stake.....we shouldn't forget Chinese did the same with their enemies' companies - west , Japan , South korea , heck even Taiwan

• Haha
Reactions: Shaktimaan