Indian Missiles and Munitions Discussion

At 600kms it would be our Storm Shadow/Scalp-EG equivalent. Hoping for a quick development and deployment from Flanker & Tejas:)
One possible candidate can be either cats hunter or nasm-mr(AoN already granted before) , though I don't know if those are Su30 intended or not. Something else could also be via local mfg route.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
One possible candidate can be either cats hunter or nasm-mr(AoN already granted before) , though I don't know if those are Su30 intended or not. Something else could also be via local mfg route.
NASM-MR is anti-ship missile, isn't it? This LRSOW is a completely new project it seems. Hopefully more details should be out soon.

Reactions: marich01
Some options:-
Brahmos NG
CATS hunter
JSR dynamics AL cruise missile
Rudram 2 & 3

FWIW there was a tender work for completion in 7-8 months
Construction for New Hangar for Integration
Complex at BATL, Thiruvanthapuram.
Could be related to the NG/or the LRSAM project related.

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

This is quite bullish claim! We know about DEW obviously, yesterday they also released 2KW narrow width Laser too. I guess he means the ground launch weapons since next tweet clarified it a bit about need to integrate with air launch system.

View attachment 27060

Regarding DEW , 25kw capacity DEW was already developed as per last year report . And a 100kw capacity DEW ( Durga 2 ) was under conceptual stage . 100kw means same power to that of iron beam of israel . Regarding hypersonic I dont think he might be speaking about real hypersonic missile , possibly talking abt quasi ballistic missile which can cross mac7 on its path . During indo china heat up few years back there were reports of it deployed in LAC .

Last edited:
Probably he referred to:-
1) hypersonic- Shaurya, Pralay
2) DEW - DRDO anti drone system
DEW is already employed somewhere, yesterday the same tender like last years 2kw laser came out.
Do we know Pralay is that much speedy? I thought it won't be used for time critical targets, but for normal hardened targets only hence no need for high speed flight path, just terminal high mach would do.

DEW is already employed somewhere, yesterday the same tender like last years 2kw laser came out.
DRDO anti drone system are already deployed.
Do we know Pralay is that much speedy? I thought it won't be used for time critical targets, but for normal hardened targets only hence no need for high speed flight path, just terminal high mach would do
Pralay is related to shaurya missile so its definitely hypersonic.

This is quite bullish claim! We know about DEW obviously, yesterday they also released 2KW narrow width Laser too. I guess he means the ground launch weapons since next tweet clarified it a bit about need to integrate with air launch system.

View attachment 27060

Another proof of Shaurya inducted in IAF @_Anonymous_ @Ashwin
DRDO anti drone system are already deployed.
Yes. Now we have fully operational DEW anti-drone systems. Soon with increase in power they may even become effective against bigger aircraft and missiles.
Pralay is related to shaurya missile so its definitely hypersonic.
Pralay is nothing but Shaurya/B-05 without booster. Despite what the brochure claims, it's indeed hypersonic.

Reactions: _Anonymous_

View attachment 27060

CLARIFICATION :oops::cry:

India’s Chief of Air Staff has not said that #india tested and employed Directed Energy Weapons(DEW) & Hypersonic weapons… he was making a reference to the contemporary tech that are being developed & used worldwide

Screenshot.png

• Haha
Reactions: Ashwin
CLARIFICATION :oops::cry:

India’s Chief of Air Staff has not said that #india tested and employed Directed Energy Weapons(DEW) & Hypersonic weapons… he was making a reference to the contemporary tech that are being developed & used worldwide

View attachment 27065

Part of a larger discussion out on Indian Defense Twitter but plugging in the relevant portions here for context to the quoted post.

Another proof of Shaurya inducted in IAF @_Anonymous_ @Ashwin

Yes. Now we have fully operational DEW anti-drone systems. Soon with increase in power they may even become effective against bigger aircraft and missiles.

Pralay is nothing but Shaurya/B-05 without booster. Despite what the brochure claims, it's indeed hypersonic.
He might be referring to HSTDV. If Sharurya can be called hypersonic then Agni can also be.

Pralay is not a Shaurya with booster.

Reactions: RASALGHUL
He might be referring to HSTDV.

If he was referring about future, then definitely.
If Sharurya can be called hypersonic then Agni can also be.
Most ballistic missiles reach Mach 20+ in their terminal phase. Shaurya remains below that ballistic threshold and retains Mach 7+ speeds inside our atmosphere. That's a big difference, IMO
Pralay is not a Shaurya with booster.
Just the opposite. Pralay "is" Shuarya/K-15 "without" booster. Despite our previous debates, you continue to refuse all the facts given by me regarding this.

Ok, so since I'm RO2 here, hence no one believes my uber "optimistic" or nationalistic theories. Fine. Let me give some more evidence about Pralay being Shaurya minus booster:

^^ Do you believe him??

No worries, I've got more:

Both the Pralay and the SMART have a common ancestor—India’s first submarine launched ballistic missile, the K-15, which equips the Arihant class SSBNs. The K-15 (now renamed the B-05) is a 10-metre long two-stage solid-fuelled manoeuvering ballistic missile with a range of 750 km.
Link: The ‘K’ factor in the recent missile tests

All BMs are hypersonic in terminal phase. Pralay is a manoeuvrable quasi BM. Possibly land launched version of K-15 or a derivative of it .
"In terminal phase". Shaurya/K-15 can remain Mach 7+ throughout their within atmospheric flight and maneuver. That's the difference.

• Informative
Just the opposite. Pralay "is" Shuarya/K-15 "without" booster. Despite our previous debates, you continue to refuse all the facts given by me regarding this.

I do not mind that derived from part, it happens often & very reasonable. But I am not sure on the claim that a projectile derived from another projectile can retain all its previous flight characteristics including flight speed even though propulsion system can be similar. AKA, Pralay with main characteristic of Shaurya but without certain parts like the booster obviously suggest that it is intended for a role that does not require it to be send up so the next stage can kick in and sustain the flight. At higher altitude it(shaurya) will be of top speed at mach 7 range, this also is in no doubt. But that speed characteristic is not needed for the missions Pralay is intended for. So we cut down on booster & rocket motor propulsion a bit & give it a ballistic/quasi ballistic trajectory with good accuracy instead, since a tactical missile would be of useful that way?

Frankly, a 150-500km strike intended missile does not need that Shaurya like long distance high speed propulsion imo, way overkill for the cost of weapon system vs target profile. At 700-1900km reach of Shaurya, its perfect to do a time bound mission.