Indian Missiles and Munitions Discussion

If I were you , I wouldn't be too sure about that
Prithvi has demonstrated rather strange re-entry behavior that will make life difficult for any BMD system. The less said about that the better.

The Prithvi also has been used to make new gen RVs and also our BMD systems. But all of this is well known. What is new here ?

Reactions: Chain Smoker
Don't the Russians have an alphanumeric system. That's how we end up with names like "3M-54 Kalibr". With the sheer number of munitions we are building we need a similar system if we are to keep track of our own projects.
Yeah, check the Kalibr family. Many of them are without any relations. Russian's atleast use numbering system. Thus DRDO makes it weirder.

RUDRAM-1 is NGARM , I have said it often , in the other forum atleast since long ( maybe here too , can't recall )
hmm..i always thought the new series would have entirely new class of missiles with similar body.

Yeah, check the Kalibr family. Many of them are without any relations. Russian's atleast use numbering system. Thus DRDO makes it weirder.

hmm..i always thought the new series would have entirely new class of missiles with similar body.

None of them share overall physical similarities

RUDRAM-2 and 2A will have similarities that's all.

And I have suspicion 2A is a air to air version of some sort ( no evidence to support the same though )

Work in progress in some sectors, some completed. There was an international incident, while 2 friendly country's representatives were having the fun tour along with Indian people, off-course for tourism only.

Tarpedo didn't had Black & White marking which is normally seen in Indian weapons under development & testing, could it be the case of missile induction test? Looks legit to me.

And I have suspicion 2A is a air to air version of some sort ( no evidence to support the same though )
Rudram 2 is also anti radiation missile.

Reactions: hellbent

What type of missiles are Rudram 2 and Rudram 3, sir?

Is drdo planning to add MMW seeker on anti radiation missile similar to AARGM ER. @hellbent

It is already there

A MMW seeker along with the PHH ( passive homing head )
What type of missiles are Rudram 2 and Rudram 3, sir?

Air to surface aero ballistic missiles , AFAIK one is supersonic and the other one hypersonic.

Last edited:

So, there is no reason to be in a series.

Damn, babus don't have any creativity. Call everything rudra.

You knew about the test launch beforehand.??
quiet tim and eric GIF

So, there is no reason to be in a series.

Damn, babus don't have any creativity. Call everything rudra.

quiet tim and eric GIF

Why not ?

All 3 are being developed by the RUDRAM project group.
All 3 are air to surface missiles
All 3 use technology and components which share same base

Eg

A variant of RUDRAM-2 will use the RUDRAM-1 combined MMW / PHH / INGPS guidance system more or less, for the role of a high supersonic anti radiation missile.

RUDRAM-2 and RUDRAM-3 have the most commonality interms of similarity of technology for propulsion , materials , avionics etc. Only difference in the layman's sense is RUDRAM-3 is RUDRAM-2 on steroids with relevant design / technological changes.