Indian Missiles and Munitions Discussion

Well this missile was assumed to be rudra m2 but it looks like SMART.
DunIFY4XQAA38tF.jpeg

Ejjbk9lU0AA91oT.jpeg

I think, we already completed this SOSUS project...Listening Pods are already planted between the Indra Point and Banda Aceh and activated .somewhere inside the mountain Andaman underground station data processing is going on :cool: Looks like a Bond action movie. That's why the Chinese Yuan Wang class research vessel is coming to check :unsure:

SMART gives us the capability to engage ships and submarines from a very long distance in complete passive mode. Once a ship is detected by radar, we can fire SMART and it will dip underwater at a safe distance from the ship and than home on to the propeller noise and strike it. All kinds of anti missile defences will not be able to save the ship as the torpedo gets detected very late.

I think, we already completed this SOSUS project...Listening Pods are already planted between the Indra Point and Banda Aceh and activated .somewhere inside the mountain Andaman underground station data processing is going on :cool: Looks like a Bond action movie. That's why the Chinese Yuan Wang class research vessel is coming to check :unsure:
laser system is also on the way.

Are you making a special attempt to play BMD these days Or is it coming naturally to you? Is the SMART developed to target ships or subs? Didn't I mention ships in my post? Where did you read subs in it?
It is intended for anti submarine warfare as far as I understand. Its primary role isn't anti shipping, they might develop as derivative on the base technology.

Reactions: _Anonymous_
This guy is from USNWC,so reliable enough.
Maybe another indicator that a SOSUS like system is installed or currently being installed?
Work in progress in some sectors, some completed. There was an international incident, while 2 friendly country's representatives were having the fun tour along with Indian people, off-course for tourism only.

@Chain Smoker you may be right. I got it wrong. Many people seem to believe the missile has Shaurya pedigree.

In the recent Shaurya test we were told the new version is sleeker and lighter. But we didn't get any photos. Maybe this is the new version. As such @Amal 's suggestion of UVLS makes more sense
Tarpedo didn't had Black & White marking which is normally seen in Indian weapons under development & testing, could it be the case of missile induction test? Looks legit to me.

Tarpedo didn't had Black & White marking which is normally seen in Indian weapons under development & testing, could it be the case of missile induction test? Looks legit to me.
Out here such disclosures are carried only if it comes from the pen of Shishir Gupta of HT with accompanying videos by ANI. Isn't it? @Ashwin

Lol

I have already posted ( hinted at ) 3 types of underwater sensors deployed by India

Check my previous posts for one of them ( it is fixed - open sea bed arrays using acoustic hydrophones )

Two of them are kind of classified systems which I managed to get hands on ( from open source )

The last 2 of them will blow your mind off . One of them is portable standoff system, another one is standoff but fixed . The portable standoff system has been in service since last 8 years or so. I had pic's of both but will not post them ever. The effectiveness of such systems lies in their anonymity.

A next generation version of open sea bed array based on laser is either under development or AFAIK under deployment. I had the pic but I lost it ( even than I would not have posted it )

And this not all , there is obviously more such systems , I managed to find only the tip of the iceberg.

@Gautam @randomradio ,
Is it coincidence that hellbent asked us about hybrid missile few days back?

--------+

BTW can we do MIRV like sort to shaurya.? ?

I mean launch multiple light weight torpedo s over a area?

Black and white/orange/yellow paint are used to ensure better visibility. In case the missile fails and crashes the helo crews will have an easier time locating these colours from the sky. These are used in case of first flight or early tests of new missiles. The Shaurya has been in service for a long time, DRDO is pretty sure it will work.

You are right it is close to induction. Largely because of the familiarity the services have with it.
@Gautam @randomradio ,
Is it coincidence that hellbent asked us about hybrid missile few days back?
He asked me about that a year back ! :ROFLMAO:
Also the SMART isn't the hybrid missile. That's a different thing, in time we will know. It was put under PM's direct supervision, so it must be important.

Hellbent has more info than most defence forumers, but he is no clairvoyant. Let's not get into conspiracies.
BTW can we MIRV shaurya.? ?

I mean launch multiple light weight torpedo s over a area?
No !! We just cut down the Shaurya to a smaller size without negatively effecting the performance. It was probably to fit the missile into the Brahmos VLS, the Navy will need that.

Why increase the payload ? That would be undoing the work.

@Chain Smoker you may be right. I got it wrong. Many people seem to believe the missile has Shaurya pedigree.

In the recent Shaurya test we were told the new version is sleeker and lighter. But we didn't get any photos. Maybe this is the new version. As such @Amal 's suggestion of UVLS makes more sense

SMART has no connection with shaurya whatsoever .

Shaurya is a older generation missile system compared to newer missile systems of drdo.

Differences in propulsion , aero control system , structural engineering , materials , avionics etc , entirely different ball game .

Infact shaurya itself is getting the new technologies from the newer generation missiles. AFAIK only connection shaurya shares with newer generation missile systems under development or testing is with pralay but that too superficially.