Indian Economy : News,Discussions & Updates

Not sure, Where to post this. So, I am doing it here.
@randomradio @SammyBoi @Rajput Lion @Anonymous @ Tatvamasi
  • Our research indicates that offshore shells and funds tied to the Adani Group comprise many of the largest “public” (i.e., non-promoter) holders of Adani stock, an issue that would subject the Adani companies to delisting, were Indian securities regulator SEBI’s rules enforced.
  • Right to Information (RTI) requests we filed with SEBI confirm that the offshore funds are the subjects of an ongoing investigation, more than a year-and-a-half after concerns were initially raised by media and members of parliament.
" According to numerous sources we spoke with, Indian securities regulator SEBI seems more inclined to protect the perpetrators than punish them."
I hope Retail investors doesn't get screwed over recent Subscription of FPO.

Hindenburg Disclaimer: We hold short positions in Adani Group Companies through U.S.-traded bonds and non-Indian-traded derivatives, along with other non-Indian-traded reference securities. This report relates solely to the valuation of securities traded outside of India. This report does not constitute a recommendation on securities. This report represents our opinion and investigative commentary and we encourage every reader to do their own due diligence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashwin
  • Our research indicates that offshore shells and funds tied to the Adani Group comprise many of the largest “public” (i.e., non-promoter) holders of Adani stock, an issue that would subject the Adani companies to delisting, were Indian securities regulator SEBI’s rules enforced.
  • Right to Information (RTI) requests we filed with SEBI confirm that the offshore funds are the subjects of an ongoing investigation, more than a year-and-a-half after concerns were initially raised by media and members of parliament.
" According to numerous sources we spoke with, Indian securities regulator SEBI seems more inclined to protect the perpetrators than punish them."

Hindenburg Disclaimer: We hold short positions in Adani Group Companies through U.S.-traded bonds and non-Indian-traded derivatives, along with other non-Indian-traded reference securities. This report relates solely to the valuation of securities traded outside of India. This report does not constitute a recommendation on securities. This report represents our opinion and investigative commentary and we encourage every reader to do their own due diligence.

Should get @Nilgiri's opinion about this.

Took this from a youtube video....... this whole negative campaign against adani about debt too high is not happening for TATA and Reliance even they they have more looks more like this is a hitjob to affect the share value of Adani group

1674744746409.png

TATA and reliance May have higher market cap and much higher cash flow.
Debt as a Single parameter Doesn't provide much information.
Hindenburg's Response.

Following things matters to me

- Adani investing in infrastructure like port , mines . core sector like cement aluminium
- Adani investing in solar back ward integration , hydrogen ecosystem to keep india energy independent
- Investment in strategic sector and areas which secure india's interest like port in isreal , mines in australia, vizhinam port , port in srilanka etc

Lowda burg can go suck itself

Should get @Nilgiri's opinion about this.

Its a typical (outsourced non-direct) hatchet job.

They cut their teeth on some small fry that did have some legitimate cause to investigate like nikola (with regards to non-asset volatility % etc).... but its certainly interesting they ramped all the way up to Adani suddenly.

Why they go after a corporate in developing India (that too one with fairly high asset basis compared to many in the west), well....people are saying they are linked to short seller funders that basically took profit from Adani stock price reduction.

Indian authorities (SEBI et al) should investigate if there was any irregularities beforehand to this drop.

IMO, this kind of stuff combined with the modi documentary (by halliburton iraq war inc of all hypocrites) is part of pattern that will emerge this year and next increasingly (though maybe not consistently, we have to see)....and maybe longer than that too once its "normalised" (right now its something of new phenomenon).

There are various reasons they want to put pressure on current administration and corporate groups....

little nips and snipes but nothing serious (as it would open up their own hypocrisy far more).

A lot of it is maybe directly connected to India-Russia relationship (i.e West trying to use more stick than carrot over it) at least in the short term. That is my feeling (since they already knew this long about Modi era, and India corporates etc so one asks "why now?" etc)

Long term they also want to flex and test ways to use against India, as their experience with China is pretty much a nightmare as they completely ignored how to do it with them and are rushing to correct that.... India is earlier in that road for them (i.e still below 5 tril gdp and then still below 10 tril GDP etc) and has same perceived potential to "go rogue if its big enough" etc.... so they will prod all the transparencies that India has this decade....so that (economically and politically speaking) the youth grows to be more of the adult they want it to be etc.

India will have to learn and adapt to all of this.

Indian shipping line, PLI for container manufacturing key budget demands of exporters​

Govt to invite bids for Rs 41,000-cr transhipment port project in Great Nicobar Island

Guys, Can you Suggest any magazine, Report, Newspaper, Website that will give me a good overview of (2021-22) Indian economy?

TATA and reliance May have higher market cap and much higher cash flow.
Debt as a Single parameter Doesn't provide much information.
Hindenburg's Response.

Frauds in Hindenburg in one of their questionaries said why Adani is using a unknown auditor firm called Shan Dhandharia who has just few employees without much auditing experience....... Adani responded back with the chart below showing the list of audit firms they use for each of their subsidiaries ......if hidenberg guys don't have any agenda why did they cheery pick to create a narrative that Adani is only engaging some unknown audit firms ?

1675004840339.png

Fnm21P-WYAANHv7.jpg

LIC has clarified that the total value of Adani group company shares it has purchased over the last many years is Rs 30,127 crore. This amounts to a market value of Rs 56,142 crore, based on the closing price on January 27. This exposure by LIC in the Adani group as on date is 0.975 percent of the total assets under management (AUM) at book value.

That means LIC still has a gain of 26000 crore on its investment in Adani . Even after the loss of some value due to report

Reactions: noksss