Indian Army General News And Updates

Indian Army Chief General Manoj Pande says, "...As on date, the Army Designed Bureau is looking at close to 350 design and development as well as research and development projects in which they are engaging with about 450 industries, including the DRDO. In terms of the cost, it comes to about Rs 1.8 Lakh Crores. This is what the Army Designed Bureau is doing...So, in a way for the Army, near 100% of our procurements in the last year and in the future are going to be through the indigenous route."

Indian military equipment. In Delhi on Friday 26 January, a military parade was held in honor of India's Republic Day, marking the adoption of the constitution on 26 January 1950 and the acquisition of sovereignty from Britain. The military parade was hosted by Indian President Draupadi Murmu and Prime Minister Narendra Modi, guests from different countries, including French President Emmanuel Macron. For the first time, military women became the main theme of a military parade. For the first time, the parade was opened by 100 women playing Indian national musical instruments. India's military equipment is quite diverse, as defense products are purchased from 85 countries, the main suppliers being Russia, Israel and France. But there was little of her at this parade. The military part of the parade was led by Russian-Indian T-90S Bhishma tanks; the first Indian T-90S tank was assembled on January 7, 2004. Also shown at the parade was the Indian NAMIS missile launcher with the NAG ATGM, created on the basis of the Russian BMP-2, with a firing range of up to 4000 meters. Indian modification of the Russian BMP-2 Sarath. American-made Polaris RZR buggy. Indian Mahindra LSV armored vehicles with Spike ATGM. Indian all-terrain vehicle ATOR N1200 from JSW Group. Indian armored vehicles Kalyani M4. Indian 214-mm Pinaka MLRS with a firing range of the first version up to 40 km; these systems were also purchased by Armenia. Indian Swathi radar stations for detecting artillery positions, produced by Bharat Electronics, with a detection range of mortar, artillery and rocket shots of up to 40 km. Swathi radars were also purchased by Armenia. Indian mobile bridge vehicles DRDO Sarvatra on the Tatra T-815 8x8 chassis, with a range of 15 meters to create one bridge span. Indian electronic warfare system for combating drones. Improved Indian radio frequency monitoring systems. Indian MRSAM/Barak-8 medium-range air defense systems, created jointly with Israel, with a target engagement range of up to 90 km. And also the MRSAM radar used in the MRSAM air defense system.

The beast at Indian Army's 474 Engineer Brigade

GGJarEIXYAAH0d_

Reactions: Gautam
Those ACE cranes made tractors now in Army use, can be fitted with atgm/armament, multipurpose ones.

ACE 4x4 multipurpose tractors were bought under a ₹550 cr order, these can be fitted with different attachments.Would be interesting to see if these eventually get some firepower as well

FarmSim2024.jpeg

This concept is so baffling to me. This is something I would expect to see in the next round of farmer protests, not in the IA. How is this useful in a realistic near-peer combat scenario versus a BMP2 or even a lightly armored 4x4?

View attachment 33569

This concept is so baffling to me. This is something I would expect to see in the next round of farmer protests, not in the IA. How is this useful in a realistic near-peer combat scenario versus a BMP2 or even a lightly armored 4x4?

I think (hope) this is for when all available BMPs & armoured vehicles have been destroyed in combat.

Got to keep on fighting till the next batch of new-build vehicles are delivered.

• Informative
Reactions: Ginvincible
My latest blog post analysing the Agnipath scheme.
Agnipath - Analysis and the way forward
This is a de-novo data based analysis, examining each of the assumptions behind it, why I think they are ill founded
and what a more viable alternative might be, since I believe the scheme is unworkable in its current form. I also link
other analysis which highlight operational concerns.
In the course of my research I changed my position on it, based on data.