HAL HTFE-25 & Other Indigenous Aero Engines Developments

I know.

Seminars/presentations are goldmines of information. Therefore its better to have the photos posted here, for future reference. In case the blog these pics are sourced from goes down we would lose very valuable pics. So I posted it here.
Agree, that's why I used to keep all tech seminar videos with notes on a separate thread on the old forum.

Some are copied here : Technical Seminar Videos

Its sad that we did not get any recording from last Aero India.

Reactions: Gautam
I won't be surprised if the MMRCA ends up being cancelled in favour of a domestic twin engine jet for the IAF. If you recall, any MMRCA tender now will deliver a jet only between 2028 and 2030. That's more than enough time to develop our own Tejas derived TE jet.

The IAF doesn't really need more than 80 Rafales if a cheaper, less capable twin engine jet is available for most other missions. Bonus points for matching Rafale or surpassing it.

And that's okra, bro, not orca. But this new jet could turn into a vegetable.

@vstol Jockey @Picdelamirand-oil @halloweene @Bon Plan @A Person Post 466.

The HTFE-25 is a long ways away from becoming suitable for fighter jet operations. This engine has been designed for business jets and UAVs with a requirement for low acceleration and high fuel efficiency. Post HTFE-25, HAL should have the expertise to develop a derivative or a new clean-sheet design for fighter jets, but you can imagine how long away that will be.

If O in ORCA refers to omnirole, then we could be talking about a Rafale competitor.

Reactions: Abheer
8PVbO9.jpg

tt0DtD.jpg

fKcjbK.jpg

5Cl4Zt.jpg

xYUhJ8.jpg

UvjMaV.jpg

nBHv2T.jpg

q6wx6t.jpg

Reactions: Proud_Indian
84973191_1058146421213980_2765474981709086720_o.jpg

A team led by Profs. Santanu De and Shantanu Bhattacharya, IIT Kanpur has entered into an MoU with TurboTech Precision Engineering Pvt. Ltd., an Aerospace and Defence company, Bangalore during DefExpo 2020 in Lucknow for the joint development of Micro Gas Turbine (MGT). According to the MoU, IIT Kanpur will be working on designing the various sub-sections of the projects, TurboTech will be responsible for the physical realization of the designs and complete assembly of the envisioned technology.

The development of an upscaled version of the MGT, which is envisaged to fuel the automotive and aerospace sectors in addition to the power generation at IIT Kanpur is supported under the IMPRINT scheme of the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) and the Ministry of Power.
85055338_1058146704547285_9097493241263030272_o.jpg

Reactions: Proud_Indian
High pressure compressor stator for the HAL HTFE-25 manufactured by 3D printing using the alloy Ti-6Al-4V. A stator converts KE into pressure energy. The complete design to realize cycle for the combustion chamber was done in less than 5 months, traditionally it takes 14 months.
high-pressure.png
img4.jpg
img19.jpg
img38.jpg

When can we fly with the engine.?
HAL has built 2 cores for the HTFE. Both of the cores have clocked several hundreds of hours of bench tests. Both have achieved max power requirements. I would say the work on the cores should end soon. From there on the whole engine will be tested for a couple of years. We will see it flying only after that

HTSE has also completed 100s of hours of bench tests. Given HAL's expertise on helos, availability of indigenously made twin engine helos and the relatively less stringent requirements of turbo shaft engines, it is likely to fly sooner that the HTFE.

Just my two paisa.

• Informative
Reactions: Sathya