France: Teacher beheaded in Paris; Macron calls it ‘Islamist terrorist attack’

I think these statements against Islamic extremism are coming out now as part of a repositioning of her party. She'll be passing the torch on soon and wants to make sure her party is aligned with the popular narrative before she goes. I think Merkel also understands to degree that she needs to do damage control for her legacy. She doesn't want to be remembered as the politician who ushered in an era of violence/populism in Europe because of short sighted and incredibly naive immigration policies.
But that's all it will be from her, sound bites and then business as usual.

• Agree
Reactions: Ginvincible
But that's all it will be from her, sound bites and then business as usual.
Merkel's career is over anyways. She already said she would retire next year and wouldn't run for any other political office. The future of Germany is up to whoever her successors are, which is why she wants to try pivoting her party now and prevent the rise of a right-wing party by adopting language/policies that might placate conservative leaning peoples.

Reactions: JustCurious
lol, seems europeans are tube lights they always seem to take action when it is gone out of control.

Reactions: JustCurious
Erdogan reacts to news:

giphy.gif

Merkel is the (wo)man behind the open door immigration policy of Europe. She even forced other member countries to accept refugees from ME for the financial support of EU.
@Bon Plan
@BMD
Not really : Poland, Czekia, Slovakia and Hungaria (the Visegrad group) refuse to accept muslim migrants. No one can force them, it's a reality, despite EU cries. It's the way to follow.
Europe can't remain the bin of the muslims.