Eurofighter Typhoon - Updates and Discussions

Storm shadow don't need radar to be fired.
Even Meteor can be fired from PESA Rafale. The "sole" Pb of PESA radar is its lower range, so it can't use all the major range improvement of Meteor. Another solution for a PESA radar Rafale : to fire the missile with a fire solution given by another plane thanks to L16.

I know.

I was specifically referring to the EFT claim that because they can fire those they are the best. Additionally pointing out that Rafale does all that plus flies an AESA.

• Agree
Reactions: Bon Plan
how many? 50 seems a max.
(forgot the 138. Even before Brexit it was a dream. Now it's a fantasm)
There will be a mix of F-35As and Bs totalling 138, along with 160 AESA-equipped Typhoons.

There will be a mix of F-35As and Bs totalling 138, along with 160 AESA-equipped Typhoons.
No one F35 customer will respect their initial commitment, including USA. As for Rafale in France, EF with all the 4, T45 frigates, Horizon frigates, etc...
138 F35 is out of the GB budget.
Futur is UCAV.

No one F35 customer will respect their initial commitment, including USA. As for Rafale in France, EF with all the 4, T45 frigates, Horizon frigates, etc...
138 F35 is out of the GB budget.
Futur is UCAV.
You're confusing the F-35 with the Rafale where people want 126 but then order 36.

Type 45 are destroyers not frigates, there are 6 and will be 14 Type 26 and Type 31 frigates (8+6). Which is more than France. There will also be two supercarriers, which is again more than France.

You're confusing the F-35 with the Rafale where people want 126 but then order 36.

Type 45 are destroyers not frigates, there are 6 and will be 14 Type 26 and Type 31 frigates (8+6). Which is more than France. There will also be two supercarriers, which is again more than France.

With the massive cuts looming over the British armed forces,let me doubt so.

• Agree
Reactions: Bon Plan
What massive cuts? You're confusing the removal of out of date junk with cuts. We're not like France, we don't run a hundred-odd Mirages and Super Etenards and pretend they're modern fighters.

Is France preparing for cuts to their automotive sector?

Last edited:

Rafale in India : don't be ambittered of the EF defeat. 36 is only the first batch.... (and you know it).
Frigate, destroyer.... T45 is on par with Horizon, one is called a destroyer (without anti ship missile. LOL. making so many noise that a russian sub can hear it at hundred kilometers...) the other a frigate.
8 type 26 ? last week I've read that it will be cut (another cut. An english specialty) to 5....
Two super carrier... super? what is super? no plane on the deck. To pleased you I accept to use the word super : they are super LHD.

What massive cuts? You're confusing the removal of out of date junk with cuts. We're not like France, we don't run a hundred-odd Mirages and Super Etenards and pretend they're modern fighters.

Is France preparing for cuts to their automotive sector?
odd mirages..... how many Tornado in the RAF ?
Super etendards : no more in the force. Last was removed in 2016. for your information, 5 are to be sold to Argentina.... it's a plane loved by Royal Navy ;)

odd mirages..... how many Tornado in the RAF ?
Super etendards : no more in the force. Last was removed in 2016. for your information, 5 are to be sold to Argentina.... it's a plane loved by Royal Navy ;)
None in a few years, whereas those Mirages will be there for many years yet.

I'm sure our Navy pilots training in F-35Bs will be shaking at the knees at the mere prospect of facing off against Super Etenards flown by those expert pilots in Argentina, who couldn't even beat Harriers in Mirage IIIs.

Rafale in India : don't be ambittered of the EF defeat. 36 is only the first batch.... (and you know it).
Frigate, destroyer.... T45 is on par with Horizon, one is called a destroyer (without anti ship missile. LOL. making so many noise that a russian sub can hear it at hundred kilometers...) the other a frigate.
8 type 26 ? last week I've read that it will be cut (another cut. An english specialty) to 5....
Two super carrier... super? what is super? no plane on the deck. To pleased you I accept to use the word super : they are super LHD.
First batch my *censored*. It's a stop gap until the PAK-FA is ready.

No it's still 8+6. Type 31s could be reduced to 5. They've already cut steel for the first 5 Type 26s.
Type 26 Frigate steel cutting met with strange remarks by SNP MP

No anti-ship missiles? Also looks to have torpedo tubes under them.
1518606848091.png

I'm sure our Navy pilots training in F-35Bs will be shaking at the knees at the mere prospect of facing off against Super Etenards flown by those expert pilots in Argentina, who couldn't even beat Harriers in Mirage IIIs.
Sea Harrier/harrier is a tough customer in air combat. Please do not underestimate that aircraft at all. The kind of things it cud do in air combat, no other aircraft can do.

Tell me, given your aircraft carrier's namesake, in the event of war, will it flee to Britain and start talking about France standing strong?

Sea Harrier/harrier is a tough customer in air combat. Please do not underestimate that aircraft at all. The kind of things it cud do in air combat, no other aircraft can do.
It could sure screw up Mirages, and contrary to folklore it never used that reverse thrust thing.

Tell me, given your aircraft carrier's namesake, in the event of war, will it flee to Britain and start talking about France standing strong?

Tell me,in event of war,will you again abandon your allies,flee as fast as light to your isolated island and claim it as 'victory' and 'great achievement' ?

Tell me,in event of war,will you again abandon your allies,flee as fast as light to your isolated island and claim it as 'victory' and 'great achievement' ?
We haven't abandoned you, we're just refusing to give away our country and do stupid crap like you. Unlimited immigration was always a stupid idea that was destined to fail. In the words of Agent Smith, Britain leaving the EU is just the sound of inevitability.

Mirage 2000-5 remain a very nice platform. ask UAE or india what they think about it. Mirage 2000 D.... ok, outdated.

In Argentina the Mirage 3 were without radar coverage, with just old sidewinter, without guided weapons, in the limit of their range ! Harrier flew near carrier, with radar coverage, with newer AAM....

In the words of Agent Smith, Britain leaving the EU is just the sound of inevitability.
It's the better thing that could arrived to EU !
1) It will costs you a lot (see the pound...)
2) your groth rate will suffer.

But mainly, GB will stop upset the European construction.

Next step : A polandexit and some east country exit, only taking the others money but blocking the EU.

Reactions: Vergennes
Are you suggesting DeGaulle was a coward or Dunkirk was a huge victory ?Kindly elaborate .