Development of an Indian Ramjet powered Artillery Round : The story so far

Wrote an article on the Ramjet powered artillery round. Do give it a read :

How come it's not showing out here ? When Aashish set up this site along with the other eminent members here, this was to be both a discussion forum on the lines of BR, PDF, I D F, D F I, etc as well as a blog featuring articles on a regular basis on defense & strategic issues viz DDR .

In due time the concept of the blog didn't move forward which is why this is a welcome development.

My congratulations to you. Hope to see many more such articles in line with the founding principles of this discussion forum cum blog.

May I take this opportunity to request other members especially veterans like @vstol Jockey ; @Falcon ; @Milspec ; @Nilgiri ; @Picdelamirand-oil etc to contribute anything that attracts their interest & shed more light on the said topic compared to what we read on the same on regular channels online. Most of the members mentioned above have already penned such articles in the form of posts or replies & sometimes as a stand alone article or an Op Ed piece, as it were. A request to them to follow up on it more frequently would be in order.

The article you penned ought to be carried to Twitter. @Gautam

Well done Goutham...... That's lot of effort put in to complete this article..... Appreciate your effort and it has come up well
Thank you.
How come you never get my name right ? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

There was a girl in my school who had Goutham as her last name, the same way you spelled it. There was a maths teacher who used to call student by their surnames. Roll calls were a lot of fun.:p

Wrote an article on the Ramjet powered artillery round. Do give it a read :

Nice one .

With only 10 cr seed amount requested, it ll be crime if it's delayed.

I always wonder about Tank shells & Artillery shells.
Now tank got Cannon launched anti tank missile s, can we use it's components or subsystem s for precision artillery shells?..

Nice one .
Thank you
With only 10 cr seed amount requested, it ll be crime if it's delayed.
Indeed. The involvement of DRDL does offer some hope though.
I always wonder about Tank shells & Artillery shells.
Now tank got Cannon launched anti tank missile s, can we use it's components or subsystem s for precision artillery shells?..
CLGM is laser guided. This one will need to have a combination of GPS guidance with Trajectory Correction System. Let's see what they go for.

The Excalibur was developed for the US Army, soon the US Navy expressed interest in it. Though that didn't materailise in the end, I wonder if the same can happen here. Of course it would need to be modified for the Mk45 mod 4 naval main gun. Just an interesting thought. The navy would probably go for rail guns in the long run.

How come it's not showing out here ? When Aashish set up this site along with the other eminent members here, this was to be both a discussion forum on the lines of BR, PDF, I D F, D F I, etc as well as a blog featuring articles on a regular basis on defense & strategic issues viz DDR .

In due time the concept of the blog didn't move forward which is why this is a welcome development.

My congratulations to you. Hope to see many more such articles in line with the founding principles of this discussion forum cum blog.

May I take this opportunity to request other members especially veterans like @vstol Jockey ; @Falcon ; @Milspec ; @Nilgiri ; @Picdelamirand-oil etc to contribute anything that attracts their interest & shed more light on the said topic compared to what we read on the same on regular channels online. Most of the members mentioned above have already penned such articles in the form of posts or replies & sometimes as a stand alone article or an Op Ed piece, as it were. A request to them to follow up on it more frequently would be in order.

The article you penned ought to be carried to Twitter. @Gautam

For good work like this by Gautam, he does bring to my attention and I give my (ongoing) input on it for his consideration for follow-up. I will copy paste some of the salient points here later for more people to look at and give their feedback.

Scarcity of time on my end....but whenever anyone want specific replies or input, they are welcome to tag me.

As an aside, i am getting few glitches on this website, slow to load sometimes etc, not sure if anyone else getting that.

This is turning into very high quality forum lately btw (it seem to have found its groove), I am especially appreciative of the twitter side of things as I see it being quoted in lot of places I follow elsewhere.

as @nair said I think there is great niche role this place has made for itself and will go from strength to strength on that. It is always best to put quality over quantity.

Blog articles like this will definitely add to it. Kudos to time and effort put into it by everyone involved, both authors and the platform developers.

Next year I should have more free time hopefully and I would like to contribute some articles too, fingers crossed.