Delhi, UP and Haryana : Political Discussions

Guynextdoor

Dec 19, 2017
India
Hello peoples.

Vice has done a worldwide release of the feature documentary 'An Insignificant Man' . I strongly recommend people watch it to understand how politics actually works in our country. I think BJP/ Smriti Irani supporters should be delighted with this rather than angry since most of it talks about congress corruption. Enjoy the feature

My intention is to use the philosophy of KISS – Keep it simple and short.

AAP had won too many seats (67 out of 70) and most were new comers or jumping ships from other parties. Keeping this strange group together (without any long term party loyalty) and keeping them on tight lease was always going to be a tough game.

Thus after winning in Feb 2015, one of the first decision the party took to keep its MLAs happy – to appoint them as Parliament Secretaries. The chosen ones were allowed to have almost ministerial powers, office, car services on job, etc. Everyone knew that appointment was illegal and will not last a legal test of any kind. However the larger feeling may have been of arrogance to ‘see when it comes’ and whether at all it comes to legal issues/court case. The power of 67 MLAs is too much to bear for some and in case of a new party, probably it was a tad too much to handle.

The issue came to light and one fine gentleman and lawyer Mr. Prashant (AAP has issues with this name- another being lawyer Prashant Bhushan) went to President of India to complain. Mr President sent the matter to the Election Commission for review and notices were issued to MLAs by the EC. AAP did not bother too much about the EC and went to court. Delhi High court hit a six on the yorker ball from AAP and all appointments were declared Null and Void ab initio.

This was a tight rope walk, and AAP started to feel the heat on the subject. All concentration and propaganda now changed from the initial claims of public service and started to focus on delaying tactics for EC to somehow pass the 5 years. It actually kind of worked as EC took about 2 years to decide on the issue but finally the MLAs are disqualified. Now AAP is crying foul.

Let us look at their reactions:

1. EC is Modified – the statement is laughable and rules have been followed; they were free to approach court and court also pronounced this to be legal.

2. President is Modified – No comments on such low level remarks. (Mr President – we apologize to you for such low level cheap politics and spoiling/involving the name of the President of India)

3. Other states also appointed such ranks – Parliament, state assemblies and Union Territories have the right to review the purview of office of profit and can make laws that will bring some ranks out of this purview. This route has been taken by many state assemblies and such appointments were made. However as the interpretation is subjected to legal review, most of these appointments have been cancelled by the courts. In other states, the appointments were made after the law was cleared in assembly, the membership of the MLAs remained intact and this is as per the prevalent laws.

4. AAP also tried to make such rule/law basis retrospectively in June 2015 – this law was cancelled by the President and this can be a matter of debate on constitutional levels whether this was right or wrong. President order is final and members remain disqualified and they can cry victimhood all they want

Hope I have cleared some of the issues for public domain. Now the public questions to be answered by AAP if they happen to come across this article:

Q1 – Why it was required for these MLAs to be given any appointment? Could they not have done the same job as MLAs?

Q2 – AAP party policy and illegal appointment has cost these seats to these MLAs. What will be the moral equivalence from the party top leadership to these MLAs who apparently have not been caught with any mal-intent but lost their seats ONLY due to following party order.

Q3 – As the so called appointment was to ensure better public service (there must have been a vision document for such planning), how it was fulfilled when the High court had cancelled the appointment? Does AAP confirm that such jobs have been left unattended? If they have been otherwise fulfilled and completed, pls use loop options and ask Q1 again.

Q4 – They are free to explore all legal options and go to public with their complaints. However in case of the elections for these seats – will they confirm to use the same candidates for the re-election? This is morally binding on them. Only this will clear their intentions once and for all.

Q5 – Will they acknowledge if the majority of the seats are lost in the new elections, that their policies are being rejected by the public at large?

Q6 – Will Mr Kejriwal resign owing to the moral responsibility of losing these seats (in case of elections and losing these seats)? He has a right to continue as the Chief Minister but then should stop lecturing on being different than other political parties.

There can be many questions but I am sure answers to above 6 should be enough to clarify the intentions of the AAP for the public.

What I intend to highlight is AAP has probably done more damage to Indian politics than other parties as AAP came as breath of fresh air with fresh ideas and morals but faded to same old Indian politics and its compulsion to remain in power

AAP is just a foreign NGO funded disruptors, they are a fake party who will do anything to disrupt peace and democracy. Kejriwal was getting support and funding from Khalistanis abroad for Punjab elections, Kejri will break this country if can get power over that broken country just like Jinnah of Pakistan.

• Agree
Reactions: Aravind and Bali78
Yesterday, while Yogi spoke about Vikas, Akhilesh was harping on caste equations. This in short is the difference between the two schools of thoughts and parties. This win ij Gorakhpur and Phulpur by SP is a mirage and will force SP+BSP to make wrong choices and decisions. All those who are writing epitaph of BJP in UP must realise the extremely low voter turnout always favours opponents of BJP and in general elections, when RSS pitches in and voter turnout goes past 65%, 2014 will get repeated.
Just check out the voting percentage of minorities and Yadavs in these elections and you will know that this will remain nearly same even if voter turnout goes past 70% as these communities voted heavily but the committed Hindu voter of BJP who will come out to vote will trounce these numbers by large margins.

Akhilesh is a sensible guy....anyday over Rahul. He is the only one right now in Indian politics I can support for PMship as an alternate.

Its not as much a question of youth but a question of intent. None of these folks intend to operate at a pan India level. Rahul is a reluctant leader, Akhilesh etc cannot think beyond a caste or group of castes or a state. None can lead national agenda.

Disagree about Akhilesh.

He is a PM in waiting.

Rahul does not need to be smart. He has a juggernaut behind him. Hurt but recovering. If the BJP can come back from a single term in power, would anyone like to bet against the Congress?

I see no one else.

Cheers, Doc

He only believes and practices vote bank politics

Lets be honest, who dont?

I have heard the guy, quite smart and very spontaneous. Have guts to go against his father. Educated and understand the dynamics. We must have alternate man, always.

Reactions: vsdoc
THN57Kp.jpg

One thing I always enjoy is a section of media having orgasm on TV or print and super glorification of small small trivial results just to prove Modi lost.

Its comical to se the extent to which they go, they can almost decide President of US based on Chitrakoot or Phoolpur result.

If there is something that needs to be taken away from this result is that BJP should start removing the small small things that irritates and frustrate common man. They have not done anything yet that make them hate more than congress.

Beside 2 seats there nothing much for SP-BSP. They may do well in 2019 but not well enough, public too want some sort of stronger opposition as they have seen the absence of it and alliance or not, BJP was never strong to win 70+ again either way.

Alliance is desperate measure to survive and a very short sighted move. They have the structure to recover at own and be number 1 party making BJP no 2 or 3 but with alliance they will make sure BJP never goes below No. 2 or main opposition party in worst case. This will establish nascent BJP very strong. (mind you 80 LS seats and 31 RS seats, anyone struggling few years back will b more than happy to be no.2 in such a state).

Also there will be around 40+ strong rebel candidates from SP-BSP-Congress alliance after seat sharing which will help BJP and no matter how much News Channels arithmetically add vote share it is never going to be transferred fully. Some Maya supporters will never vote SP and some will never vote BSP at any cost. They may sit home or vote the only alternative left (BJP). Either way it will be very productive for country to see stronger opposition, as Akhilesh rightly said this result will at very least wipe out the arrogance creeping in BJP recently, they will learn to respect public and talk sense now (though his own party never learn any of it).

Disagree about Akhilesh.

He is a PM in waiting

I have atleast 6 very close, almost brothers as Yadav friends and all very politically aware and strongest SP supporter you can find (andh B.H.A.K.T. is a too small word to describe them).They go 200+Km to vote SP leaving work even after knowing SP candidate may lose. All the time they talk politics and none of them has "ever" said Akhilesh will be PM, EVER.

I don't know where you live but more I read you the more it feels like Rajdeep Sardesai kind of analysis, just makes me wonder is it hatred that drive you to those lala land conclusions or some eco chamber.

I have atleast 6 very close, almost brothers as Yadav friends and all very politically aware and strongest SP supporter you can find (andh B.H.A.K.T. is a too small word to describe them).They go 200+Km to vote SP leaving work even after knowing SP candidate may lose. All the time they talk politics and none of them has "ever" said Akhilesh will be PM, EVER.

I don't know where you live but more I read you the more it feels like Rajdeep Sardesai kind of analysis, just makes me wonder is it hatred that drive you to those lala land conclusions or some eco chamber.

I live in Pune. Where do you live?

Apologies, but I haven't read you as much.

Cheers, Doc

I am from UP, NCR right now but native place is traditional yadav/SP belt.
Dad's family is from Kanpur.

I grew up in Bihar. Jharkhand now.

Cheers, Doc

Bi%tch please. I am real UP wala. Back off you two. :cool:

Coming to Akhilesh, he said last day "want to complete my fathers wishes", and we know what were his father's wish. Take a clue why congress Rahul baba was not involved in bypoll coalition.

Reactions: BlackOpsIndia

Coming to Akhilesh, he said last day "want to complete my fathers wishes", and we know what were his father's wish. Take a clue why congress Rahul baba was not involved in bypoll coalition.
There is no harm in dreaming. Unfortunately the 5 years he got to prove himself he disappointed big time. You don't become PM just by wish. Much better than him is Jay Panda, a rational and knowledgeable person, he is not talked about as he is not from Hindi belt but a very positive kind of leader.

Akhilesh is a lost cause. He started with 32% sure votes and he somehow managed to reduce even that even after having congress support. He had no grip over administration or his party criminals. What a waste of youth he proved to be.

I have seen father and son fall-outs.

It might be a mistake to assume that the old man is in on the plan.

Cheers, Doc