Attack Helicopters of IAF - LCH Prachand, AH-64E Apache : Updates & Discussions

Nigeria already has on order currently

1. 12 Mi35 Hinds
2. Turkish T129
3. AH1Z Viper attack helicopters from USA in worth 1 billion USD order

Now I am thinking, why would a force order a 4th type of attack helicopter?

Further

1. LCH lacks Self Protection Suite making it unfit for any combat operations, even the low intensity ones.

2. LCH currently lacks an ATGM, the top notch weapon of any attack helicopter.

Now why would, a country import a 4th type of attack Helicopter with these deficiencies?

Just my thoughts.

Cant say abt why a 4th type . Or from where this defence journalist got info . But there is option of SAAB IDAS for LCH .News was Its SP version ll get those , so if export news is correct then that might be the scenario . Regarding ATGM in jan this year MOD had given AON to helina ATGM . There were news ATGM ll be integrated to LCH this year .

Cant say abt why a 4th type . Or from where this defence journalist got info . But there is option of SAAB IDAS for LCH .News was Its SP version ll get those , so if export news is correct then that might be the scenario . Regarding ATGM in jan this year MOD had given AON to helina ATGM . There were news ATGM ll be integrated to LCH this year .

The airframe once integrated with the SAAB SPS will need like a year and a half of testing.

For HELINA, that clearance/AoN talk is currently only for Rudra fleet. Not LCH.

The airframe once integrated with the SAAB SPS will need like a year and a half of testing.

For HELINA, that clearance/AoN talk is currently only for Rudra fleet. Not LCH.

Chief of army staff Gen Manoj Pande said helina ll be integrated to LCH and they are planning to get 95 of those .

Chief of army staff Gen Manoj Pande said helina ll be integrated to LCH and they are planning to get 95 of those .

Will be is the key word.

Actual status currently stands at with respect ro HELINA -> Integrated on Dhruv/WSI. Army looking order a small batch of HELINA , approx for its Rudra fleet. It's waiting for AoN to issue the RFP since 2021.

Integration efforts are ongoing for LCH. Not yet completed.

Will be is the key word.

Actual status currently stands at with respect ro HELINA -> Integrated on Dhruv/WSI. Army looking order a small batch of HELINA , approx for its Rudra fleet. It's waiting for AoN to issue the RFP since 2021.

Integration efforts are ongoing for LCH. Not yet completed.

Yeah thats what i said , atgm integration ll be completed this year . There was news in print few months back that it ll be completed by mid of this year . And saab idas is being looked for integration . Yeah that might take time for certification .

Yeah thats what i said , atgm integration ll be completed this year . There was news in print few months back that it ll be completed by mid of this year . And saab idas is being looked for integration . Yeah that might take time for certification .

Integration on Rudra was completed in late 2020. And Army till date is looking for AoN so that it can issue a RFP to acquire the 1st batch of Helinas.

Don't lap up those timelines quoted by people worrying about their pensions. Be realistic is all I am saying.

Integration on Rudra was completed in late 2020. And Army till date is looking for AoN so that it can issue a RFP to acquire the 1st batch of Helinas.

Don't lap up those timelines quoted by people worrying about their pensions. Be realistic is all I am saying.

Look , we ll never know whts going on there behind walls of babudom . Wht they are planning and when they ll do wht . One can have his opinion and estimation . I only mention what i read on open source internet or news articles . Whether its reliable or not , i cant say .

During Parikrama days, everything appeared clear to us ...

Now everything looks secretive or mysterious..

Suddenly some things getting in the plans..

But mostly are just posturing..

I don't know if this mysterious is good or secretly getting weakened..

Someone in knowing need to reassure us.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
Reactions: TARGET
Cross posting in this thread, all 15 LSP of LCH are done

Screenshot (1).png

Factory will be idle without further orders?

Whole fleet grounded Until steel control rods are put in place?
Umm I don't know what HAL would do, but UHM is also very close so lines will likely be diverted. Now the forces give a general silent indication so HAL can already start procuring material & place orders early.

Reactions: Sathya
The delivery of 10 LCH Limited Series Production aircraft for the IAF is nearing completion and the production of the Series Production aircraft is likely to commence shortly to meet the order of 145 Series Production LCH for the IAF and Indian Army."

Reactions: D68 and marich01

Argentina aims to sign a letter of intent for 20 HAL Prachand helicopters

During the visit that the defense minister of Argentina, Jorge Taiana, is carrying out for India, a letter of intent would be signed for the purchase of 20 HAL Light Combat Helicopter ( LCH ) Prachand helicopters, which would be distributed among the three Armed Forces. This signature is not yet confirmed and news is expected in the coming days. It should also be clarified that a letter of intent does not imply a purchase contract or an obligation to close said contract, it only means that the potential buyer intends to start the negotiation process that could end in signing a contract.

The Prachand is a light attack helicopter whose design was announced in 2006 and made its first flight on March 29, 2010 and entered service in the Indian Armed Forces in 2021, with some 20 units already produced and it is expected to deliver some 162 between the Air Force and the Indian Army.

faeb1f_94ec273e5a2a4f589c23095792929277~mv2.jpg

Although the Argentine Army has always had an interest in attack helicopters and between the end of the 20th century and the beginning of the 21st, it negotiated a batch of AH-1 Cobra from the US stocks Army, the other Argentine forces have never expressed the intention to buy helicopters of this type and today they have other more pressing needs, as the replacement of the Fennec in the Argentine Navy and a greater number of transport helicopters in the Argentine Air Force.

On the other hand, in the Argentine Army the main need regarding rotary wings is also in the transport area, replacing the old UH-1H and the already retired Super Puma. In this sense, a few days ago a letter of intent was signed in the Le Bourget Salon by twelve second-hand Airbus H215M ( routes at zero hours ) for 360 million dollars.

In addition to negotiating for helicopters, Taiana met her Indian counterpart Rajnath Singh, in which they agreed to point out the strategic relationship that unites both nations and announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding and a training agreement that will deepen cooperation in the area of Defense.