Astrology, Mythology and similar stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not well versed in Tamil, i think he is talking about we losing a fighter jet in immediate future by enemy fire. Some one with knowledge in Tamil language can translate it. This man is a popular astrologer.

@vstol Jockey do you know Tamil?
And dont go with the heading, its a poorly written english from a tamil channel

Scamster.

He is taking alien language used in MIB men in black movies .

• Haha
Reactions: jetray
Exactly. They will even tell you parent's name too from leaf.

Are you from TN? How reliable is this astrologer?

Naadi is condensed form of 2-3 methods of astrology.
It can be more accurate than other methods.

I ve went to Vaitheeswaran temple.
Seen Nadi astrologer.
They get dob and thumb imprint.

Later with thier maths & astrology & tamil they do highly accurate probabilities.

They say first letter of name.. If correct they ll guess name.

They got 3 of my family members name right in first attempt.

If anything is wrong, they ll turn over the leaf, saying it's not yours.

Their astrology knowledge is also good, will do good prediction s.

They told I am engineer. I said no, so he changes leaf. It's like that.

Later after 10 years visited again..
Lot of guys, thier kids all doing prediction.

They are so pathetic, I chose to give them clues and sometimes answer itself.

My verdict - astrology is true but thumb print, leaf, are all fake.
With Dob itslef they can do good prediction s.

Don't fall for these scams.

Above video is authentic scam, anyone who had seen MIB can make out.

• Haha
Reactions: suryakiran
Scamster.

I bet he is receiving data from outer space 🤣. Reminded me of those dial up modem days, where I could make out whether the connection was successful or not just by listening to the sound from the modem.

Scamster.

These guys use a very different language and it is neither Tamil nor any known Indian language. I have even seen the brahmins who keep records of our family in Garh Mukteshwar, Haridwar and Gayaji, also use a very different language. They have done it to ensure that no one is able to decipher the documents without paying them.

These guys use a very different language and it is neither Tamil nor any known Indian language. I have even seen the brahmins who keep records of our family in Garh Mukteshwar, Haridwar and Gayaji, also use a very different language. They have done it to ensure that no one is able to decipher the documents without paying them.
They use Brahmi or the Sharda script if I'm not mistaken.

They use Brahmi or the Sharda script if I'm not mistaken.
I have no clue whatsoever. But it is indeed from South India or a very early stage Tamil. I have attached a pic of the bunch of documents which have the detailed history of my family for last over 400 years. This I clicked with the permission of the Brahmin who maintains our family records. If you expand the pic a bit, you will be able to see the handwriting and it does not use devnagari style but somewhat like that. DOC.jpg
DOC.jpg

Last edited:
I have no clue whatsoever. But it is indeed from South India or a very early stage Tamil. I have attached a pic of the bunch of documents which have the detailed history of my family for last over 400 years. This I clicked with the permission of the Brahmin who maintains our family records. If you expand the pic a bit, you will be able to see the handwriting and it does not use devnagari style but somewhat like that.View attachment 16893View attachment 16893

Looks like vatezuthu. written script of old tamil and malayalam.

I have no clue whatsoever. But it is indeed from South India or a very early stage Tamil. I have attached a pic of the bunch of documents which have the detailed history of my family for last over 400 years. This I clicked with the permission of the Brahmin who maintains our family records. If you expand the pic a bit, you will be able to see the handwriting and it does not use devnagari style but somewhat like that.View attachment 16893View attachment 16893
Not an expert in identifying scripts but I've been informed by a good source that such documents are usually written using Brahmi Or Sharda scripts. This could well be Tamil Brahmi or it's derivative.

Are these priests from the South, specifically TN or Kerala?

Reactions: Sandeep0159
Not an expert in identifying scripts but I've been informed by a good source that such documents are usually written using Brahmi Or Sharda scripts. This could well be Tamil Brahmi or it's derivative.

Are these priests from the South, specifically TN or Kerala?
I have no idea. These Brahmins have been in North India for ages. Even before Adi Shankara. They will not let you photograph the document from close. And you have to send them advance request if you want to update your family records or want knowledge about your forefathers. They then dig out your family history and convert it to english/Hindi.

Reactions: _Anonymous_
I have no idea. These Brahmins have been in North India for ages. Even before Adi Shankara. They will not let you photograph the document from close. And you have to send them advance request if you want to update your family records or want knowledge about your forefathers. They then dig out your family history and convert it to english/Hindi.
That script is definitely Tamil Brahmi Or it's daughter script Vateluttu as @suryakiran pointed out which in turn means that these Brahmins there are descendants of Tamil Brahmins who may have migrated up North a long time ago specifically to cater to their countrymen who made the journey up North to offer their tributes to their pitris at Kashi.

That script is definitely Tamil Brahmi Or it's daughter script Vateluttu as @suryakiran pointed out which in turn means that these Brahmins there are descendants of Tamil Brahmins who may have migrated up North a long time ago specifically to cater to their countrymen who made the journey up North to offer their tributes to their pitris at Kashi.
Yes that could be it. Even Kedarnath Dhaam and Badrinath Dhaam has Namboothri Brahmins as the priests of the temples. They are all Keralites and speak fluent Hindi, Pahari and Malyalam. they had come from south with Adi Shankara and settled in the hills. Their local helpers are Dimri Brahmins.

Reactions: _Anonymous_
Yes that could be it. Even Kedarnath Dhaam and Badrinath Dhaam has Namboothri Brahmins as the priests of the temples. They are all Keralites and speak fluent Hindi, Pahari and Malyalam. they had come from south with Adi Shankara and settled in the hills. Their local helpers are Dimri Brahmins.
The Rawal for Kedarnath is from Karnataka. He can't be a Namboodari. On a related note the head priests of the Pashupatinath temple are from Karnataka that too exclusively from Udupi.

Then why our people are so obsessed with that. If my knowledge is true many north indian hindus dont see astrological matching while getting married. I don't know wether that info is correct or not. @vstol Jockey do people in north sees this during marriage?

Ideally its mandatory. But people tend to ignore specially if the marriage is love cum arranged. Anyway in most case its kinda of a fixed match. Decisions are generally made earlier and matching is just done as ritual irrespective of the result. Even in extreme cases, some Uppay/puja is arrange to overcome the doshas or some date change etc etc.

Last edited:
AFAIK all true Priests do have some basic knowledge of Brahmi. Its like working language in this field.
Earlier I used to think that it was some high lavel sanskrit.
My family purohit (Mr Pathak) used to carry a lot of texts written in Brahmi.
He was a sanskrit lecturer btw.

Naadi is condensed form of 2-3 methods of astrology.
It can be more accurate than other methods.

I ve went to Vaitheeswaran temple.
Seen Nadi astrologer.
They get dob and thumb imprint.

Later with thier maths & astrology & tamil they do highly accurate probabilities.

They say first letter of name.. If correct they ll guess name.

They got 3 of my family members name right in first attempt.

If anything is wrong, they ll turn over the leaf, saying it's not yours.

Their astrology knowledge is also good, will do good prediction s.

They told I am engineer. I said no, so he changes leaf. It's like that.

Later after 10 years visited again..
Lot of guys, thier kids all doing prediction.

They are so pathetic, I chose to give them clues and sometimes answer itself.

My verdict - astrology is true but thumb print, leaf, are all fake.
With Dob itslef they can do good prediction s.

Don't fall for these scams.

Above video is authentic scam, anyone who had seen MIB can make out.

Do they speak languages other than tamil? Like hindi or English?

Is the script like this

On my maternal side the family does pooja to Ramayana written in this script on palm leaf.

I understood that few generations ago in our family people could read and write in this script but it's all lost now.

Is the script like this

On my maternal side the family does pooja to Ramayana written in this script on palm leaf.

I understood that few generations ago in our family people could read and write in this script but it's all lost now.
I have posted a pic of the document and it does seem to have a script somewhat like the one you posted. So all these are south Indian Brahmins settled in North India. Or North Indian Brahmins who are now settled in South and called South Indian Brahmins. Interesting.

I have posted a pic of the document and it does seem to have a script somewhat like the one you posted. So all these are south Indian Brahmins settled in North India. Or North Indian Brahmins who are now settled in South and called South Indian Brahmins. Interesting.

There are many instances of such movements happening throughout history. As @_Anonymous_ mentioned,the priests must be the migrants from TN who cater the services for pilgrims frm TN. Also, there is a theory that some Iyers are considerably recent arrivals from North/NW(Vadamas?), who settled in TN on the request of Tamil kings. Likewise, there is an outward movement too, with many Tamil Brahmin priests and scholars moving to North and Central India where they were seen with high esteem by local royalty. There always used to be patronage for learned priests who were offered land (agraharams) and livestock, wealth by local kings. And they took their language, script and customs with them to the lands where they migrated.
Not to mention the fact that royal marriages between kingdoms always had the movement of brahmins from the bride's side who accompanied the bride and settled there as her people. Voila, we have a diverse bunch of brahmins from different parts of India settling in all corners of India adapting their new home customs.

There are many instances of such movements happening throughout history. As @_Anonymous_ mentioned,the priests must be the migrants from TN who cater the services for pilgrims frm TN. Also, there is a theory that some Iyers are considerably recent arrivals from North/NW(Vadamas?), who settled in TN on the request of Tamil kings. Likewise, there is an outward movement too, with many Tamil Brahmin priests and scholars moving to North and Central India where they were seen with high esteem by local royalty. There always used to be patronage for learned priests who were offered land (agraharams) and livestock, wealth by local kings. And they took their language, script and customs with them to the lands where they migrated.
Not to mention the fact that royal marriages between kingdoms always had the movement of brahmins from the bride's side who accompanied the bride and settled there as her people. Voila, we have a diverse bunch of brahmins from different parts of India settling in all corners of India adapting their new home customs.

THREAD!!

This thread addresses the topic in question.

I am sorry, I couldn't see clearly and I thought you would have a better picture perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.