Agni & Prithvi Ballistic Missiles : News & Discussions

First Stage Support Arm Assembly (FSSA) :
View attachment 21566
These are used on the Agni missiles. An array of the FSSA are used to connect the 1st stage of the missile with the upper stages. The system allows stage separation within 200 milliseconds.

1. FSSA Agni-1 has a load bearing capacity of 12 tons. 12 tons is the weight of the Re-entry Vehicle (RV) as Agni-1 is a single stage missile.
12 tons RV weight must be a mistake , it may be realistically 1.2 tons .

Does anyone know why the Agni V is not yet deployed despite being in development for over a decade, not to mention multiple successful tests?

As per the linked article,
The last test of the missile was doneon June 28 this year and the missile is nearing complete development and it is expected to be soon ready for operational induction into the strategic forces.
If true, that is extremely fast in terms of the time taken for development and induction.

1640974536058.png

Reactions: Aditya b7777

What's this supposed to be ? The writing in the infographic is illegible.

The cannister design used by some of the Agni family missiles namely the A5 & A-Prime. The design seems to have been standardized. The upcoming A6 will also use the same design of cannisters just scaled up.

Wut ? There is no writing.

There is 😊
As far as I can remember someone in my timeline opined that info in morse code is embedded in the pic 😊

There is 😊
As far as I can remember someone in my timeline opined that info in morse code is embedded in the pic 😊
Oh my .. you still remember the morse code, it is dinosaurs of telecommunication.

I wouldn't hold you for it, the picture does carry it on the rings.

It is mainly designed for Samuel Morse's wandering soul to identify the missile canister from space and report it back to uncle Sam :)