A "Surgical Strike" Unit To Fight Behind Enemy Lines: Government Sources

IMHO, this unit is being created to ensure that minimum number of people know what is being planned. In case of surgical strikes post Uri, a very large number of people knew what is being planned. Though govt managed to keep it all very secret but chances of information being leaked are always there. This unit will ensure that only the people who are going to execute the plan are aware of the things and all of them will be directly taking part in the operations also. They are basically removing the entire chain below Army HQ to Army Command to field units.

• Agree
Reactions: Shekhar Singh
IMHO, this unit is being created to ensure that minimum number of people know what is being planned. In case of surgical strikes post Uri, a very large number of people knew what is being planned. Though govt managed to keep it all very secret but chances of information being leaked are always there. This unit will ensure that only the people who are going to execute the plan are aware of the things and all of them will be directly taking part in the operations also. They are basically removing the entire chain below Army HQ to Army Command to field units.

They could not even secure info of having such unit. lol

Were they famous before their act no. 1? Like our "surgical strike" unit?

Somehow we have a tendency to boast without work.
They had done many top secret operations but became famous after OBL raid just like our SF guys. Our SF guys have been doing it for over two decades but they got recognition after Surgical Strikes.

Team 6 or whatever it is called is known world over. But do you know anyone or have you seen any pic of them. Do they really exist.

Here, from my collection:

tkL9C3251.t4b84ea9c.m800.x8mgFqEbM.jpg

tkL9C3205.t4b84ea98.m800.xks0Go1b7.jpg

tk2403.t49c0b81a.m800.xcVF_0MNv.jpg

tkL7C1996.t4b84ea9a.m800.xsqbewkhZ.jpg

Those are from 2009.

I met American special forces while in Afghanistan with the Norwegian Special Operations Advisory Team 222, and we frequently have American SOF in Europe during training missions or assignment.

Here, from my collection:

tkL9C3251.t4b84ea9c.m800.x8mgFqEbM.jpg

tkL9C3205.t4b84ea98.m800.xks0Go1b7.jpg

tk2403.t49c0b81a.m800.xcVF_0MNv.jpg

tkL7C1996.t4b84ea9a.m800.xsqbewkhZ.jpg

Those are from 2009.

I met American special forces while in Afghanistan with the Norwegian Special Operations Advisory Team 222, and we frequently have American SOF in Europe during training missions or assignment.
I know that they are real and exist. You missed my sarcasm. The first lot of MARCOS of IN were trained in 1985/86 in US by SEALS. And the officers who got selected for this training are very well known to me personally.