IAF Chronicles - A side view of whats going on behind the closed doors in New Delhi

Status
Not open for further replies.
We might meet in that case in our booth. We are working really hard to bring a trainer aircraft which will be a direct competitor to PC-7 with better performance and just a tenth of its price. A seven pax light twin helo and a twin seat attack/scout/armed recce/infantry support/ police duty and COIN helo based on the seven seater helo. All prototypes will be flying prototypes. The attack helo will be side by side seating and will have better overall protection and attack capability that LCH. The trainer aircraft will weight 850kgs, and the helos will weigh max 1800kgs with service cieling of 7km.

All the best.

Give us all the possible info goodies in 2019. :D

Reactions: Shekhar Singh
We might meet in that case in our booth. We are working really hard to bring a trainer aircraft which will be a direct competitor to PC-7 with better performance and just a tenth of its price. A seven pax light twin helo and a twin seat attack/scout/armed recce/infantry support/ police duty and COIN helo based on the seven seater helo. All prototypes will be flying prototypes. The attack helo will be side by side seating and will have better overall protection and attack capability that LCH. The trainer aircraft will weight 850kgs, and the helos will weigh max 1800kgs with service cieling of 7km.
Everyone, mark my words, not a single of these will be displayed in the exhibition. Not even a toy model of these. These programs don't exist. These are just figments of imagination of this person. Mark my words ! Just 4-5 months left, you'll see.

How about we all plan a meet at AI 2019 for all those who are visiting? I too am most likely going to be there, and it would be great to meet up with fellow members.

I hope these infos are riddles wrt LSA/MSA

Since HAL is already on with BTA & LUH

I hope these infos are riddles wrt LSA/MSA

Since HAL is already on with BTA & LUH
My thinking and biz philosophy is very different. The TE seven seater is for use as air taxi within cities and airports. single engine, over thickly populated area is a no go. I foresee a potential of over 200 such helos within Indian major cities only.

Reactions: Sathya
@vstol Jockey can we accommodate LDP and EW pod within the Pylons ?

Pylons have space to fit those ?

This way we can free hard points too ..
In my design, there is provision to carry LDP on the centreline pylon behind the main weapons bay. That pylon is also a wet pylon as the buddy refueling pod will be attached there.
The EW pod is distributed on wingtips, rudder tips and tail plane tips. The wingtip pods are also equipped with missile rails to fire missiles upto 125kgs weight.
My design has three modes of ops. VLO, in which everything is fully inside the weapons bays. LO mode in which we will have two missiles on the wingtips and Non stealth mode in which the aircraft will carry weapons in the bays and also external pylons.
As a buddy refueller, the main weapons bay will be able to carry a fuel tank with 2000ltrs of fuel. The pod will only be used as a transfer pod with reel to extend the fuel pipeline. It will not carry any fuel. Even the electric supply will be provided from the aircraft electrical system instead of having a separate air turbine like most pods.

We might bumb in to each other...

@halloweene @Picdelamirand-oil

Any news update regarding Safran Kaveri engine ?

In Previous **** report, we had mentioned that DRDO and Safran plan to start integration work by end of 2018 or early 2019 and major ground trials with Kaveri engine will be scheduled for major part of 2019 before its first flight by 2020.

**** .Read more at India No 1 Defence News Website Safran Audit Clears Kaveri Engine for Aircraft Integration – Indian Defence Research Wing .

Status
Not open for further replies.