Shivalik Class (Project 17/17A) & Talwar Class Frigates

I hope I am wrong but I am starting to feel that IN might ditch MFSTAR + MRSAM for P-17 class. First ship was commissioned in 2011 and they gave clearance of Brahmos for the ship which will go onboard during the MLU which should happen this decade. It is again going the P-15 route. Or there is a possibility that they give clearance in the future for the MFSTAR.
IN should be moving away from MFSTAR for an Indian equivalent. Sensors and Barak 8 are the most expensive part of the these class of ships.

PSG is saying that the DAC approval of December 2022 included some approval of funds for NG-DDG and P-17AU* which were kept hidden. Though, I'm not sure about the credibility.

Fm6jWeBXEAAlO5X

Fm-KC6oakAAvUSO

Intersting thing I observed that P-15A carries only 2 SRCG where as P11356 carries 4 SRCG.

Even though P-15B carries 4 SRCG why they have put only 2 SRCG on P-15A.

I can see only 2 SRCG on Talwar class and none on the other ship ....

Just my thoughts:

We have a requirement of 24 frigates. We already have 12 frigates in our service and we are building another 11. We are lacking 1 to reach out required goal.

The plan to procure two different types of frigates to meet the required numbers faster was good but it was not executed correctly.

The plan as of now is to have 7 P-17A frigates and 4 P-11356 frigates. What should have happened was that we could have gone for 9 P-17A and 3 P-11356 frigates.

The 9 P-17A frigates could have been built by 4 MDL, 3 GRSE and 2 GSL and then we could have directly purchased the 3 P-11356 from Russia.

But what we did was we purchased 2 frigates directly and are building another 2 locally. This left 1 hull which was already under fabrication, unutilized.

Due to all of this, we are getting 7 frigates with AESA and true VLS. Rest 4 frigates are without any proper AESA radar and VLS SAM.

Just my thoughts:

We have a requirement of 24 frigates. We already have 12 frigates in our service and we are building another 11. We are lacking 1 to reach out required goal.

The plan to procure two different types of frigates to meet the required numbers faster was good but it was not executed correctly.

The plan as of now is to have 7 P-17A frigates and 4 P-11356 frigates. What should have happened was that we could have gone for 9 P-17A and 3 P-11356 frigates.

The 9 P-17A frigates could have been built by 4 MDL, 3 GRSE and 2 GSL and then we could have directly purchased the 3 P-11356 from Russia.

But what we did was we purchased 2 frigates directly and are building another 2 locally. This left 1 hull which was already under fabrication, unutilized.

Due to all of this, we are getting 7 frigates with AESA and true VLS. Rest 4 frigates are without any proper AESA radar and VLS SAM.
What's the point of this imaginary numbers and what could have been talk? Is there a white paper and requirements that was published?

There is no such rule that frigates should always have AESA radar, that's just very expensive.

P-17A is one of the most expensive frigates even compared to European standards.

What's the point of this imaginary numbers and what could have been talk? Is there a white paper and requirements that was published?

There is no such rule that frigates should always have AESA radar, that's just very expensive.

P-17A is one of the most expensive frigates even compared to European standards.
Even in the Talwars once we get VL SRSAM, it's gonna improve drastically.