T-90 Bhishma / T-72 Ajeya of Indian Army : News and Discussions

Gotta combine it with a 30/57mm cannon and a radar + EOS and put it on tracks, like a BMP-2. We can then replace Strela and Shilka.

I believe private companies are already doing that.
Gasha 30mm canon is licensed by us. Using two such systems along with the sensors used upon Shilka upgrade.

Fitting these things on a Arjun Chassis should help.

What we need is a TOR M2

The Tor is in the class of Osa AK we use. 150+ kg missile with 10-12 km range.

For that category QR SAMs will come into play.

I raised the Strela 10 issue becoz it's using 40kg missiles, much smaller. Much more mobile.

What I meant is, currently Upgraded Shilka , Tunguska and Strela 10 are used. We should have a tracked platform with a 30mm canon and VSHORADS integrated to replace all the 3 types.

Gasha 30mm canon is licensed by us. Using two such systems along with the sensors used upon Shilka upgrade.

Fitting these things on a Arjun Chassis should help.

T-72/T-90 or BMP-2 hull only. Trucks are also fine, will probably be the main choice, like the Pantsir. The issue with Arjun hull is the foreign propulsion system, and it doesn't make sense to add a whole new logistics chain for a new hull.

T-72/T-90 or BMP-2 hull only. Trucks are also fine, will probably be the main choice, like the Pantsir. The issue with Arjun hull is the foreign propulsion system, and it doesn't make sense to add a whole new logistics chain for a new hull.
As long as we have the production line, whatever supports the weight. Good enough.

As long as we have the production line, whatever supports the weight. Good enough.

Yeah. After problems showed up, the govt decided to make in India instead. I don't mind it built on the Zorawar hull.

The MANPADS contract was cancelled for the same reason.

Was it the barrel or the entire turret ? And why did they delete it ?
20221227_192906.jpg
20221227_192912.jpg
20221227_192915.jpg

Probably a cost cutting measure of using old T72 hulls.

The Arjun turret on a T-72 hull and a T-90 turret on a T-72 hull are experimental prototypes for modernising the T-72.

I doubt anything real will happen here, but the T-90 turret upgrade is definitely a good idea.

That has to be gone before the DAC first, then ask for Rus nod. Have we seen any report on T-90MS upgrade AoN? We do not even know the status of DRDO made APS. I did come across one work tender that felt similar work just a while ago, 60mm projectile casing, likely for the aps. But I am not sure.

Btw, I came across this recently, I am not very familiar with such workscope so would love to hear others thought/observation on it.

Screenshot (1).png

Reactions: Aditya b7777