Indian & Chinese troops clash in Tawang

Maybe I m seeing too much into the tea leaves but normally India doesnt run things so close like a missile test and a big exercise so close together.

This clash and the missile test in particular seems to be posturing almost like a side dish with the meat and potatoes being elsewhere.

But what do I know.

• Agree
Reactions: RISING SUN
Maybe I m seeing too much into the tea leaves but normally India doesnt run things so close like a missile test and a big exercise so close together.

This clash and the missile test in particular seems to be posturing almost like a side dish with the meat and potatoes being elsewhere.

But what do I know.

China is weirdly quiet - there is an eerie silence - no chest thumping, no ultimatums, nothing.
India on the other hand is posturing like crazy - IAF exercise (this was planned for quite some time), Missile test (supposed Agni V), and increasing troops and machinery across the hot zones.

Comparing this to what has happened in the past, this simply doesn't add up.
Most importantly given the amount of control on the information being released, there is a huge chance that a great deal is not known to public as of now. The incident took place on the 9th : 3.00 AM, flag meet happened on 11th. So what happened in the interim period? The brawl couldn't have lasted for that long. This is the grey area.

Do we have such damning video of the clash this time which will make China lose credibility as a fighting force? Did we do something (or have something) that is not known to public, which may be is being used as a bargaining chip to keep China quiet?

The timing is also weird - winter is here, a Chinese offensive in winter looks really unlikely. 🤷‍♂️

China is weirdly quiet - there is an eerie silence - no chest thumping, no ultimatums, nothing.
India on the other hand is posturing like crazy - IAF exercise (this was planned for quite some time), Missile test (supposed Agni V), and increasing troops and machinery across the hot zones.

Comparing this to what has happened in the past, this simply doesn't add up.
Most importantly given the amount of control on the information being released, there is a huge chance that a great deal is not known to public as of now. The incident took place on the 9th : 3.00 AM, flag meet happened on 11th. So what happened in the interim period? The brawl couldn't have lasted for that long. This is the grey area.

Do we have such damning video of the clash this time which will make China lose credibility as a fighting force? Did we do something (or have something) that is not known to public, which may be is being used as a bargaining chip to keep China quiet?

The timing is also weird - winter is here, a Chinese offensive in winter looks really unlikely. 🤷‍♂️

We hear tit bits from Army officers saying clashes are a regular thing but get downplayed.

Then why this one got publicized? Our rabid media and social media users lapped it up and whipped up public emotions to the top.

And finally why does Eastern side get hot whenever we make noises on PoK.

Its almost like the IA is watching the Dark Knight on the border and we are reviewing Thugs of Hindustan.

• Haha
Reactions: Defc0n
We hear tit bits from Army officers saying clashes are a regular thing but get downplayed.

Then why this one got publicized? Our rabid media and social media users lapped it up and whipped up public emotions to the top.

And finally why does Eastern side get hot whenever we make noises on PoK.

Its almost like the IA is watching the Dark Knight on the border and we are reviewing Thugs of Hindustan.

Regular clashes get downplayed - but this one didn't. Same for Galwan.
The reason seems linked -
Galwan was huge, we lost 20 brave soldiers!
Tawang was the reverse, we didn't lose any soldier and probably butchered a boatload of Chinese soldiers.
It was interesting when the media was highlighting that "No KIA on either sides" - given the scale, 300+ men vs double/triple the number from our sides, and the kind of melee weapons in question, no KIA on Chinese side looks highly unlikely. Or is it that China has a huge problem in it's hand - figuring out how to handle the count of KIA back home, and hence not doing the usual "We will crush you drama"? Appears childish, but who knows!

Regular clashes get downplayed - but this one didn't. Same for Galwan.
The reason seems linked -
Galwan was huge, we lost 20 brave soldiers!
Tawang was the reverse, we didn't lose any soldier and probably butchered a boatload of Chinese soldiers.
It was interesting when the media was highlighting that "No KIA on either sides" - given the scale, 300+ men vs double/triple the number from our sides, and the kind of melee weapons in question, no KIA on Chinese side looks highly unlikely. Or is it that China has a huge problem in it's hand - figuring out how to handle the count of KIA back home, and hence not doing the usual "We will crush you drama"? Appears childish, but who knows!
The videos we saw were not from the latest clash. Our troops have been equipped with melee weapons as well, the men in the video were using sticks.

Which means we have been giving it back for a while now. Then why this clash gets leaked? Too much obfuscation.

• Agree
The videos we saw were not from the latest clash. Our troops have been equipped with melee weapons as well, the men in the video were using sticks.

Which means we have been giving it back for a while now. Then why this clash gets leaked? Too much obfuscation.
may be it must be for consumption for ppl in west. given that we are not toeing their line , they need to be periodically fed something which makes them feel happy & think they are in control.

But what do I know.
Both the missile test and aerial exercise were long planned. Actually it's Army which has been doing large scale combined arms exercises every alternate week for around 3-4 months now. That's unprecedented but no one is pointing it out.

Both the missile test and aerial exercise were long planned. Actually it's Army which has been doing large scale combined arms exercises every alternate week for around 3-4 months now. That's unprecedented but no one is pointing it out.
I'd be lazy and say PoK posturing for 24 but its too easy an explanation.

If we go for PoK it likely won't be in one go but salami slicing of sizeable chunks of territory unlike the little morsels the Chinese nibble at and we'd have to thank the Chinese here for giving us the idea .

Left to ourselves , dhotis here would still be singing "Ishwar Allah tero naam , sabko panauti de bhagwan," across party lines alternated with kadi ninda at outrages perpetrated & dossier dossier at international fora .

Ironically Paxtan has been reduced to playing dossier dossier now . I'm waiting for the day they start issuing dossiers on Afghanistan .

If we go for PoK it likely won't be in one go but salami slicing of sizeable chunks of territory unlike the little morsels the Chinese nibble at and we'd have to thank the Chinese here for giving us the idea .

Left to ourselves , dhotis here would still be singing "Ishwar Allah tero naam , sabko panauti de bhagwan," across party lines alternated with kadi ninda at outrages perpetrated & dossier dossier at international fora .

Ironically Paxtan has been reduced to playing dossier dossier now . I'm waiting for the day they start issuing dossiers on Afghanistan .
You are expecting Paks to behave like us?

Thinking isnt their strong suit, it gives the Jernails a headache. Some pretty uniform in Pindi will take a break from counting his corner plots and order a forward commander "to do something". (It has happened)

Thats all it will take for shit to go south.

• Agree
You are expecting Paks to behave like us?

Thinking isnt their strong suit, it gives the Jernails a headache. Some pretty uniform in Pindi will take a break from counting his corner plots and order a forward commander "to do something". (It has happened)

Thats all it will take for shit to go south.
They've been giving us plenty of opportunities since partition . What have our dhotis done about it ? Let's see what this one does. It's been nearly 4 yrs since Pulwama. Something has to give next summer onwards. This low key profile of Paxtan in Kashmir is too eerie & uncharacteristic for my liking.

They've been giving us plenty of opportunities since partition . What have our dhotis done about it ? Let's see what this one does. It's been nearly 4 yrs since Pulwama. Something has to give next summer onwards. This low key profile of Paxtan in Kashmir is too eerie & uncharacteristic for my liking.
We never had been ready to cash in on any opportunity. The only time we were wired and wound up, it was 71, the US was threatening to nuke us.

Pak in Kashmir is a result of their internal weakness, a hyper aggressive India and the prevailing economic situation. I get fixated on logistics and supplies and right now Pak cannot even reliably pay for a month of imports leave alone fund a campaign of terror or worse a respectable 2 week war.

We never had been ready to cash in on any opportunity. The only time we were wired and wound up, it was 71, the US was threatening to nuke us.

Pak in Kashmir is a result of their internal weakness, a hyper aggressive India and the prevailing economic situation. I get fixated on logistics and supplies and right now Pak cannot even reliably pay for a month of imports leave alone fund a campaign of terror or worse a respectable 2 week war.
All we require is a casus belli . I'm sure the new CoAS will provide us with just that. Bajwa le Bund learnt his lesson post Pulwama & didn't attempt anything silly for the remainder of his tenure in office . The new general would want us to impart such learnings to him too. It's inevitable & has been among the rites of passage for every CoAS in Paxtan.

We would need 40+ Apaches , 60+ Chinooks in Army Aviation along with Mounted Gun Systems, a minimum of 4-5 regiments to be used in those areas, 1000+ low cost cruise missiles, etc

PoK is not an easy endeavour.

We would need 40+ Apaches , 60+ Chinooks in Army Aviation along with Mounted Gun Systems, a minimum of 4-5 regiments to be used in those areas, 1000+ low cost cruise missiles, etc

PoK is not an easy endeavour.
That’s a conservative estimate.

given the political compulsions, the campaign will be anchored around pr objectives rather than purely military ones.

Which will mean a messier campaign.

• Agree
That’s a conservative estimate.

given the political compulsions, the campaign will be anchored around pr objectives rather than purely military ones.

Which will mean a messier campaign.
That's why we need 10 years of 6% annual growth and ensure Pak is stuck below 3% over that period. We will have options then.

You are not able to process it seems, the example is here.

This is what I wrote:
It wasn't Bajwa , it is the current Army Chief who did Pulwama. If you really want to teach lessons to terrorists then its the time.

and this is your reply:
Remember what did I write about bhotias & lepchas & Higher education but lacking the ability to process it earlier ? Pls revisit it .

See a psychiatrist.

• Haha
Reactions: _Anonymous_