Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning and F-22 'Raptor' : News & Discussion

The initiators had difficulty in collecting the necessary 100,000 signatures and the war in Ukraine has reinforced the Swiss people's need for security.
You do realise that these people don't want any air force? You offered the Swiss a 50% discount on the Rafale and they said no. If you follow the Swede's gripen in Czech and offer them for nothing. Perhaps you might do better? Somehow I doubt it. I think they want a modern aircraft

You do realise that these people don't want any air force? You offered the Swiss a 50% discount on the Rafale and they said no. If you follow the Swede's gripen in Czech and offer them for nothing. Perhaps you might do better? Somehow I doubt it. I think they want a modern aircraft
50% discount as in bribe? 😬

How bad is a plane when you offer 50% off, buy one get one free deal, and they say NEIN!

How bad is a plane when you offer 50% off, buy one get one free deal, and they say NEIN!
I'd call it a bribe, Quid pro quo.
That is why the frogs got so upset when they lost again. They had support from some within the gov and told that they would win.

France offered Switzerland a financial sweetener, worth an estimated CHF3.5 billion, to buy its Rafale fighter jets rather than US F-35A aircraft, according to a secret document

I'd call it a bribe, Quid pro quo.
That is why the frogs got so upset when they lost again. They had support from some within the gov and told that they would win.

France offered Switzerland a financial sweetener, worth an estimated CHF3.5 billion, to buy its Rafale fighter jets rather than US F-35A aircraft, according to a secret document
Oh Dassault and their cheeky ways. Dassault bribing actually worked in India but the weird thing is Dassault had no competition in India... Huh? :unsure:

Oh Dassault and their cheeky ways. Dassault bribing actually worked in India but the weird thing is Dassault had no competition in India... Huh? :unsure:
If you had brought F35/F22 & Rafale won the competition, then yeas there could be something else played (either bribe or political influence or indian fear of embargo from US). But bloody, u gus brought F16&f18,which is as old as Mig29.

Reactions: RASALGHUL
IAF will be only interested in the f-35 after it attains FOC status so probably after blk 4.
Same for the su-57M when it gets the izdeliye 30.
The IN could buy the f-35B's. Let's see.
That's irrelevant. Is the US willing to sell that's the primary question.

And check out competitions around the world, wherever US thinks it can offer its offering them against EF, F18, Rafales and Gripens in competition.

So you cannot say that because IAF is not looking for 5th gen fighter that's why F35 isn't offered.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Reactions: Hydra

1660548491098.png

Last edited:

it is called an offset in an english or american mouth, but a bribe when it comes from France.

Classical french basching....
poor average amerian people....

So , with no NGAD in sight , the DoD & the USAF / USMC / USN still suffering birth pangs delivering the Lightnings in the shape it was expected to be in & won't be for another 6-8 yrs at least , we receive this bit of news.

It seems clear the USAF is haemorrhaging thru the haemorrhoids it's developed maintaining the Raptors. Plus with the new non stealth appendages it's developed , this is also tacit admission of the fact that the Raptors are no longer as stealthy .

Who do you think would prevail in this contest between USAF / Irish Joe & the Congress , sweetie ? I mean after all the latter did prevail when it came to retaining the Warthogs in spite of vehement USAF objections & now we've this .

@Innominate

• Haha
Reactions: Innominate
Would the F-16 be more relevant than the F-35 ?
Still Relevant: The F-16 Fighting Falcon Could Fly for Another 20 Years
While the Cold War-era fighter might end up being nearly seven decades old by the time it retires, it remains a relevant fourth-generation fighter jet.

by Caleb Larson Follow @calebmlarson on TwitterL

Though the F-16 Fighting Falcon fighter jet is nearly fifty years old, the U.S. Air Force anticipates flying it for quite a long time to come. This is in part because of the large number of jets already in service, and as a cost-saving alternative to the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. Additionally, with steady upgrades, the jet has proven to be surprisingly adaptive.

The Cold War-era airplane first debuted in the 1970s as the single-engine, less capable partner to the F-15 Eagle fighter. This created a high-low pairing strategy that saw multiple F-16s flying with more capable F-15 counterparts.

“The F-16 provides the capacity in our Air Force: lots of fighters to cover all kinds of combatant commander needs,” said Col. Tim Bailey, the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center’s F-16 program manager, according to Air Force Magazine. He emphasized that the F-16 must remain “relevant,” and not just be “the F-16 of today.”

One of the upgrades F-16 fighters are enjoying is an active electronically-scanned array radar mechanism; the Air Force is installing the system “as fast as we possibly can,” Bailey explained. “We anticipate hundreds of F-16s in active service for decades to come,” possibly as far into the future as the 2040s, he added.

Bailey explained that “a few million dollars per jet gives you 20 years of life.”

“The F-16 Service Life Extension Program will keep the jets flying until nearly 2050, thanks to a partnership between the Ogden Air Logistics Complex and the Air Force Lifecycle Management Center’s F-16 Systems Program Office,” a U.S. Air Force press release from 2018 announcing the upgrade explained.

The statement added that “the program combines a dozen structural modifications into one repeatable package – from bulkheads to wings and canopy. The jets, which became operational in 1979, and were originally deemed air worthy for up to 8,000 flight hours, will have their life extended up to 12,000 flying hours – possibly more.”

Though the F-16 is no stealth fighter, upgrades to the aircraft include a Have Glass coating, a type of paint-like material that is radar absorbent and provides a certain degree of stealthiness. Still, given the F-16’s older design, it does not compare to the stealthiness of fighters like the F-22 and the F-35, which were expressly built to thwart enemy radar.

So, while the Cold War-era fighter might end up being nearly seven decades old by the time it retires, it remains a relevant fourth-generation fighter jet.
ombat de quatrième génération pertinent.

Spanish newspaper reports Spain is looking into buying 80 F-35s (A and B variants) to replace aging F-18s and Harrier fleet amidst FCAS delays.

El Ejército del Aire valora el F-35 estadounidense ante el bloqueo del FCAS europeo​

La previsión es adquirir hasta 80 aviones de combate por más de 10.000 millones para sustituir los F-18 de Madrid y Zaragoza

El Ejército apuesta por el F-35 de EE UU en vez del Eurofighter en una compra de 10.000 millones​

El retraso del programa europeo FCAS obliga a buscar una alternativa para sustituir hasta 80 aviones de combate F-18​

France is being surrounded by F-35's... Oh my!

Damn , sweetie !! Looks like le Francais is getting back at you for what you did to them in Australia .

This is what happens when you take your eye off the ball. As they say out here , lose sight of the ball & lose your balls.

I mean the Lightnings just can't afford to lose out to the Rafales. What message will that send to the world ? That le Francais tricked you . Dago would have a field day making half a dozen videos on your loss .

Well , in any case , all the best . Do let us know how do the Swiss decide .

@Innominate

Damn , sweetie !! Looks like le Francais is getting back at you for what you did to them in Australia .

This is what happens when you take your eye off the ball. As they say out here , lose sight of the ball & lose your balls.

1081.gif

Slow day at the call center, huh? You are trying really hard to find some uh-oh where there's no uh-oh. I bet you my weeks pay, which is a whole year of wages for you, that the referendum is not even close to going your way and that you will try to forget this post of yours ever happened... just like you are trying to forget that I got you to ban yourself from here. :ROFLMAO:
I mean the Lightnings just can't afford to lose out to the Rafales. What message will that send to the world ? That le Francais tricked you . Dago would have a field day making half a dozen videos on your loss .

Well , in any case , all the best . Do let us know how do the Swiss decide .

@Innominate

Lol. Spain is about to select 80 F-35's numb nuts. Only nations that buy the Rafale are third world nations and one nation had to be bribed to buy the rafale in which they only bought 36. Real air forces buy F-35's. Greece bought rafales only later to select the F-35 in which they will have 40+ compared to the 24 rafales they will eventually have.

This was a desperate post by you boy but something tells me you just wanted my attention.

I'm curious have you rescinded your invitation to the mods to ban you? :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Bon Plan
LOL!!!! Uh-oh. As I was educating you on topics you're clueless about the Swiss just made a decision on the topic you brought up in which you got your hopes up... sorry to crush those hopes.

The people will not vote quickly on the F-35s​

The government wants to avoid setting a precedent in the handling of state affairs and therefore refuses to accede to the request of the initiators who wanted a vote in March 2023.​

The Federal Council on Wednesday dampened the hopes of opponents of the purchase of american F-35s. The Department of Defense will deliver its message on the "Stop F-35" initiative to Parliament by the winter session. A vote before the signing of the acquisition contracts will therefore not be possible.

This announcement excludes the possibility of voting on the initiative of the Group for a Switzerland without an Army (GSsA) and the left in March 2023, i.e. before the expiry of the validity of the AMERICAN contractual offers. This is what the initiators had asked the Federal Council to do when they submitted the signatures of their initiative, stressing respect for democracy and people's rights.

The timetable requested by the initiators is not feasible, the Federal Council said in a statement. By demanding that the vote take place in March 2023, the Federal Council and Parliament would only have a little more than a month to draw up and process the message on the popular initiative.

Even by tightening the usual procedures of the federal administration, it is impossible to keep the timetable required by the initiators, according to Bern. The duty of care would not be respected and the Federal Council and Parliament would not be able to treat the initiative with the necessary care.

This message cannot be fully drafted before the end of the parliamentary debates on the commitment credit for the acquisition of the new combat aircraft as part of the 2022 Army Message. According to the Parliament's decision, the consequences of the popular initiative will be different, the Federal Council said in a statement. The message will therefore be delivered to Parliament 'as soon as possible' by the winter part-session.

Not setting a precedent​

Above all, the government does not want to set a precedent by speeding up the parliamentary pace. Moreover, federal popular initiatives have no anticipated legal effect. It is therefore inconceivable to enter into the matter on the roadmap of the initiative committee.

The mere launch of a collection of signatures could render the decisions taken by the Federal Council and Parliament null and void in the future, the government fears. Nor should expectations be created for potential other initiative committees that would require the same expedited processing.

Serious consequences​

If the signing of the acquisition contracts does not take place before the end of March 2023, additional negotiations will be necessary to extend the validity of the offer, the government recalls. This will not be possible at the prices set due to inflation and rising demand: Finland has decided to buy 64 F-35As, Germany wants to buy up to 35, and Canada has also decided to buy 88 such aircraft.

A delay in the acquisition of the F-35A would have serious consequences for Switzerland's security, the government warns. By 2030, the population would no longer be protected against threats and airborne dangers.

tenor[1].gif

images (74).jpeg

Slow day at the call center, huh?
Actually yes. You see sweetie, ever since the pandemic began, scamming dim witted Americans which was always easy peasy to begin with, has become twice as easy given their desperation. We've managed to do double our monthly targets in 15 days only which leaves us with a lot of free time for the rest of the month. This has been the trend since the past 2 yrs or so, at least .

You are trying really hard to find some uh-oh where there's no uh-oh.
I'm not inclined to find any uh oh or ruh roh or any other porcine sounds you'd be inclined to make. I'm just linking news reports.
I bet you my weeks pay, which is a whole year of wages for you, that the referendum is not even close to going your way and that you will try to forget this post of yours ever happened...
You got the first part right except the subject - object part wrong ( look up the Thesaurus for more details on English grammar sweetie, I've no time to homeschool you online as much as I like assisting autistic dyslexic kids especially from underprivileged backgrounds) .
Didn't I tell you , we've been making a killing ever since the pandemic began.

In fact, it's a good thing you've reminded me, just saw a few new video exposes which boggles the mind. We're small potatoes here whereas the real masterminds end up pocketing a cool 2-3 million USDs per annum. I'd link them up later.

Plenty of Americans in the loop too especially from underprivileged backgrounds, part of the #TPLM ( Trailer Park Lives Matter) & #M(TP)AGA ( Make Trailer Park America Great Again) movement. <wink wink, nudge nudge > They're on a crusade to screw corporate America.

just like you are trying to forget that I got you to ban yourself from here. 
The way I see it, the last time you got into a tangle with me, you got booted out for 3-4 weeks. Nobody noticed your absence too till I came across an old post of yours with the caption banned beneath your user handle. I checked to see you were following proceedings practically on a daily basis. I really felt bad about the whole episode.

Lol. Spain is about to select 80 F-35's numb nuts.
We're discussing the SWISS & autistic dyslexic retard brings in SPAIN. There I've color coded it & changed the font size for your better comprehension.

Look I realise sweetie you've a learning disability & both SPAIN & SWISS are 5 letter words beginning with a capital S but they end differently. Can't you even notice that much? You're coming across more as a borderline Down's syndrome afflicted person now, apart from your other disabilities.

Assuming you didn't commit an error in comprehension , for just a minute, just how is the sale of the JSF to Spain linked with Dassault & France. Isn't autistic dyslexic you aware that Spain is one of the 4 partner nations in the Eurofighter program, all of whom have successively dumped it for the JSF & surprise surprise the nation now inducting it is Qatar, a full 5 yrs after placing the order.

This is more a slap on the face of the Eurofighter consortium & a reflection on their confidence levels in this platform. If anything, you should be taking this up with your butt buddy Paddy @BMD

Weren't you even aware of such basic information? You can't even put this down to autism or dyslexia. This is plain retardation.
Only nations that buy the Rafale are third world nations and one nation had to be bribed to buy the rafale in which they only bought 36.
So both UAE & France are 3rd world countries. This is what homeschooling in trailer park results in.
Real air forces buy F-35's. Greece bought rafales only later to select the F-35 in which they will have 40+ compared to the 24 rafales they will eventually have.
Greeks also have the Mirage 2000s in service since decades. Aren't you aware of this scrotumhead?
This was a desperate post by you boy but something tells me you just wanted my attention.
Well in a way yes. I usually kill time with my dog if I'm working from home on short breaks . Since I was in office, I figured an online mutt is as good a substitute as any . Hence I pinged you.
I'm curious have you rescinded your invitation to the mods to ban you? :LOL:
Invite open since the day I joined. Since you seem so discomfited, thought of visiting more frequently. There's also the issue of curing your various afflictions which matter. After all I can't let you regress.

• Haha
Reactions: Innominate