Cabinet clears ‘AGNIPATH’ scheme for recruitment of youth in the Armed Forces

Do you have an off switch for whining? You should be ashamed of your basic reasoning skills.
I must appreciate your optimism which is probably second only to randomradio. Even after spending years in the forum, you still expect some logical posts from him??

Please back these conclusions with numbers.

Here is thread that would be useful : Defence Budget Allocation & Defence Procurement Procedure : News & Discussions

Defence expenditure as percentage of GDP has remained more or less around 2.2%.
The capital allocation/revenue expenditure has increased at a slower rate compared to pension allocation. But the biggest component is revenue expenditure, which is salary paid and maintenance expense.

Given that total allocation is 2.2% of gdp ,

1) Increase the GDP, which means greater economic growth every expenditure increases proportionally.
2) Reduce the pension allocation and increase the capital allocation.
3) cut the revenue expenditure by decreasing the number of ppl which will decrease both revenue expenditure and pension as well in future. (which is what govt is trying now).
4) Borrow more money. ( which we did last year, defence budget looks good but at the expense of big fiscal deficit 8-9%.) Thats the reason why budget numbers look good on paper showing increase. Now its time for option 3 , as we cannot run big deficit without increasing inflation.

expenditures are proportional but not for long without enuf borrowing.

fig-1-100720.jpg

The concept and direction are excellent. All that's left is to integrate these people into our major corporations. When submitting resumes, companies should have had the option of identifying and favoring X-military personnel.

Defence expenditure as percentage of GDP has remained more or less around 2.2%.
The capital allocation/revenue expenditure has increased at a slower rate compared to pension allocation. But the biggest component is revenue expenditure, which is salary paid and maintenance expense.

Given that total allocation is 2.2% of gdp ,

1) Increase the GDP, which means greater economic growth every expenditure increases proportionally.
2) Reduce the pension allocation and increase the capital allocation.
3) cut the revenue expenditure by decreasing the number of ppl which will decrease both revenue expenditure and pension as well in future. (which is what govt is trying now).
4) Borrow more money. ( which we did last year, defence budget looks good but at the expense of big fiscal deficit 8-9%.) Thats the reason why budget numbers look good on paper showing increase. Now its time for option 3 , as we cannot run big deficit without increasing inflation.

expenditures are proportional but not for long without enuf borrowing.

fig-1-100720.jpg

Quoting the percentage of gdp is for the lazy and financially illiterate. It should be looked at the percentage of the national budget. We spent 15% on security and it is the single biggest. Its not possible to increase it.

Increase GDP? Its more like increase the budget.

Here is this uncle explaining the same in the first 10 minutes.

Perfect!. You both have a lot in common. Write random brainfarts without abilities to rationally explain or defend your point of view.

• Haha
Reactions: TARGET
Quoting the percentage of gdp is for the lazy and financially illiterate. It should be looked at the percentage of the national budget. We spent 15% on security and it is the single biggest. Its not possible to increase it.

Increase GDP? Its more like increase the budget.
tax collection is correlated to gdp.

EPrdNmcU8AAvP6S.jpg

As I said the numbers you see look good bcos they are borrowed money/ selling of assets.
Our revenue (aka tax) hasnt changed much in last 3 years but our expenditure has increased.

FQWJVh_VEAQY0E5.jpg

Last edited:
tax collection is correlated to gdp.
Of course, it correlated, everything is !. Check the growth rate of the biggest bank, it is also correlated.

Which is not the point. When you say 2% of GDP i really doesn't matter only number matter is how much GoI can spend ie, the total annual budget.
if you dont have a open mind and already sold out to fancy terms like hybrid, hi-tech ...etc nothing is going to change your view.
But giving, even more, fancier names are ok? Keep the mind so open that so much BS can flow into it. :LOL:

What are members initial thoughts on agnipath scheme announced?

@Milspec @randomradio et al.
India is a reform-proof country in general, you know the rest of my rant.

Coming to the details of the tenure, @Falcon can comment better on this. I have never served so I don't know about the nitty-gritty of the implications of such sweeping changes.

Reactions: Paro and Nilgiri
India is a reform-proof country in general, you know the rest of my rant.
yeah , doing reforms when your pants are on fire. This party has been in power since 2014, why dint they do it before?
Should I remind the fact that this was the same party which went to town on one rank one pension.

Reactions: Hydra
@falcon @Hellfire please give us your thoughts when you are here next.
Almost all army veterans were opposing this move, i saw only few ex IAF guys were favouring Agniveer program. For them it make sence, IAF is supposed to be a tech oriented force than IA, for them leess man power with enhanced automation will do the job perfectly.

yeah , doing reforms when your pants are on fire. This party has been in power since 2014, why dint they do it before?
Should I remind the fact that this was the same party which went to town on one rank one pension.
Ask them, do you have me confused with Amit Shah?

• Haha
Reactions: Nilgiri and Ashwin