Attack Helicopters of IAF - LCH Prachand, AH-64E Apache : Updates & Discussions

Wow, the price works out to ~ 31-32 million USD. No idea what does the CV include or exclude in terms of LCC, weapons package, spares etc. but that's one expensive heptr.

What can you do, when you order in piecemeal. Indian government company, Indian suppliers. Atmanirbharta could be accomplished, by helping private sector by assuring orders. Instead we have this and they slow down production to keep lines alive. This 16 was in the assembly line since eons. And the ministers will tom tom it as if the did some huge thing by placing an order for these choppers.

Now wait for another 5 years for the next order.

What can you do, when you order in piecemeal. Indian government company, Indian suppliers. Atmanirbharta could be accomplished, by helping private sector by assuring orders. Instead we have this and they slow down production to keep lines alive. This 16 was in the assembly line since eons. And the ministers will tom tom it as if the did some huge thing by placing an order for these choppers.

Now wait for another 5 years for the next order.
2024 I think. The SAAB SPC is already used in Rudra. So only the integration part remains for SP. And HELINA launchers for Rudra can be ordered soon. So Dhruvastra for LCH should happen soon too.

Once these two things happen, Serial Production level orders can be given. So 2024 should be it.

2024 I think. The SAAB SPC is already used in Rudra. So only the integration part remains for SP. And HELINA launchers for Rudra can be ordered soon. So Dhruvastra for LCH should happen soon too.

Once these two things happen, Serial Production level orders can be given. So 2024 should be it.
Wasn't the original schedule 2022 ?

• Haha
Reactions: Innominate
Why our armed forces aren't intrested in LCH? After all Rudra also dont have any ATGMs integrated with it.
Rudra has the self protection suite active on it. So even if it's just for firing canon or its unguided rockets, it can go into a conflict zone.

But without the self protection suite, LCH currently cannot. I have seen one TD with what appears to be a DIRCM on its tail, but haven't seen the remaining rwr, maws, lwr active as of yet for testing even.

Reactions: Lolwa
Rudra has the self protection suite active on it. So even if it's just for firing canon or its unguided rockets, it can go into a conflict zone.

But without the self protection suite, LCH currently cannot. I have seen one TD with what appears to be a DIRCM on its tail, but haven't seen the remaining rwr, maws, lwr active as of yet for testing even.
Also lch needs radar boom, spike nlos and more weapons integration. The rudra has similar weapons so can do lch's job along with transporting troops too.

Also lch needs radar boom, spike nlos and more weapons integration. The rudra has similar weapons so can do lch's job along with transporting troops too.
There's a small mmw radar on Mi35 of IAF which enables it to fire the SANT. I am sure if a little effort is given that can be made pod mounted on one pylon of LCH and then it will be able to target upto 25km away.

• Informative
Reactions: Hydra and Lolwa

Do we have any plan for self protection suits on LCH? And if we managed to integrate self protection suits on Rudra, i dont think that integrating the same on LCH too, am i right?

Why our armed forces aren't intrested in LCH? After all Rudra also dont have any ATGMs integrated with it.
I think we will never integrate a radar on it, we even scaled down Cannon calibre to 20 mm from 30 to cop up with high altitude operations. A radar on LCH may affect main goal, ie high altitude operations.
Also i am remembering a tweet that a radar on LCH is highly unlikely, dont remembering whose but its from either harsh vardhan or indranil or hellfire.

Do we have any plan for self protection suits on LCH? And if we managed to integrate self protection suits on Rudra, i dont think that integrating the same on LCH too, am i right?
The same one which is used on Rudra will go onto LCH, but number of systems and their placements... We don't know that yet. So once they are fitted, some amount of testing in thar, on sea level and at hot n high will have to be conducted.

Reactions: Hydra
I think we will never integrate a radar on it, we even scaled down Cannon calibre to 20 mm from 30 to cop up with high altitude operations. A radar on LCH may affect main goal, ie high altitude operations.
Also i am remembering a tweet that a radar on LCH is highly unlikely, dont remembering whose but its from either harsh vardhan or indranil or hellfire.
We can do one thing. Like the Commandar variant of T72 and normal one.

We can produce a variant which will carry a pod mounted radar , a pod mounted SPJ and 2 ATAM Launchers.

This single helicopter can act as commander relaying targeting data to 3-4 other LCH carrying the ATGM and rocket payload.

Just my thought.

• Love
Reactions: Sathya

We can produce a variant which will carry a pod mounted radar , a pod mounted SPJ and 2 ATAM Launchers.

This single helicopter can act as commander relaying targeting data to 3-4 other LCH carrying the ATGM and rocket payload.

Just my thought.
We must have trained already.. In Apache.
We bought less than half numbers with radar.

If Radar mounted Apache can send datA to LCH, we already have trained men & material

If Radar mounted Apache can send datA to LCH, we already have trained men & material
I am not sure if we are using the Indian data link in Apache as of yet. But that can surely be done.

Just my thought.

LCH is getting a radar too.

Reactions: R73 FTW and Sathya