Rafale DH/EH of Indian Air Force : News and Discussions

Are we expecting any fresh orders for additional Rafales during upcoming french visit of PM Modi?
@Picdelamirand-oil @randomradio

Nope.

Any new Rafales will likely come in only through MRFA. After LCA Mk1A, right now the focus is on getting some new Russian jets and the MKI MLU, followed by the LCA Mk2.

Since the Chinese have no interest in fighting a war with India, 36 Rafales produce enough of a deterrence for this decade.

Reactions: Apoorv and Killbot
Nope.

Any new Rafales will likely come in only through MRFA. After LCA Mk1A, right now the focus is on getting some new Russian jets and the MKI MLU, followed by the LCA Mk2.

Since the Chinese have no interest in fighting a war with India, 36 Rafales produce enough of a deterrence for this decade.
Unfortunate, we dont know what Chinese will do next year.

And that's exactly how the Chinese fight. They probably will give a surprise visit in second half of 2023 or near general election on behest of Raul Da Vinci to show Modi as a weakling..

For me at least 36 more Rafales are a must to hold on to this decade after which if TEDBF is a success we can always have ORCA based on it which will be Rafale equivalent...

And that's exactly how the Chinese fight. They probably will give a surprise visit in second half of 2023 or near general election on behest of Raul Da Vinci to show Modi as a weakling..

For me at least 36 more Rafales are a must to hold on to this decade after which if TEDBF is a success we can always have ORCA based on it which will be Rafale equivalent...

After Rafale, AMCA will be the future, not ORCA.

ORCA is just HAL's dream.

Reactions: Apoorv and Killbot
After Rafale, AMCA will be the future, not ORCA.

ORCA is just HAL's dream.
AMCA won't be coming before 2035. That's the reason why I said at least 36 are required right now to hold on to this decade so that lizard remains in it Hole and does not raise its ugly head like it did in Galwan...

Please do not post such third rate stuff. You have a brain of your own. use it. I have myself seen a rafale model not only outside the house of COAS but also in the office of Late Parikkar.

I have a brain , but the GOI is not using their brain

Why cannot they anticipate such a move

It is a classic " Bofors " moment which can get even bigger

Bofors also started like this , a foreign journalist writing some thing in a foreign publication , in a foreign country

Why cannot Dassault make a statement since more than 24 hours have passed

Is it possible that Dassault executives
Themselves paid money to this Gupta
Who then Transferred money back to the Dassault executives personal account

This guy Gupta was also involved in Augusta Westland case

He is the perfect Dalal who has even been in jail for a while

Last edited:
AMCA won't be coming before 2035. That's the reason why I said at least 36 are required right now to hold on to this decade so that lizard remains in it Hole and does not raise its ugly head like it did in Galwan...

AMCA Mk1 will be ready long before ORCA. And if MRFA begins and faces very few hurdles, more than half the fleet will be operational before ORCA has the poptential to reach IOC. And if you consider we are bringing in 21 more Mig-29s followed by 110+ LCA Mk2s starting in the next few years, it's difficult to see a second order of 36. When MRFA is the alternative, it no longer has the same level of urgency as before.

36+21+12+83+118 = 270 jets for this decade alone. So adding 36 more Rafales won't make much of a difference as long as the MRFA contract is signed before 2027.

Although I'd like to see a second order of 36, I'd rather not have it come at the cost of much more pressing needs, particularly the army and navy modernisation, since the IAF modernisation has pretty much been taken care of for this decade with 270 new jets, not including MRFA.

Reactions: Killbot
So what's the verdict by the members on the Rafale middleman controversy?

AMCA Mk1 will be ready long before ORCA. And if MRFA begins and faces very few hurdles, more than half the fleet will be operational before ORCA has the poptential to reach IOC. And if you consider we are bringing in 21 more Mig-29s followed by 110+ LCA Mk2s starting in the next few years, it's difficult to see a second order of 36. When MRFA is the alternative, it no longer has the same level of urgency as before.

36+21+12+83+118 = 270 jets for this decade alone. So adding 36 more Rafales won't make much of a difference as long as the MRFA contract is signed before 2027.

Although I'd like to see a second order of 36, I'd rather not have it come at the cost of much more pressing needs, particularly the army and navy modernisation, since the IAF modernisation has pretty much been taken care of for this decade with 270 new jets, not including MRFA.
How many Tejas LCA have been produced and in how long?
Have you ever seen a prototype of the Mk 1a LCA?
The development of the LCA has been very long and its industrialisation follows the same path. HAL does not know how to industrialise its production: for the SU-30 MKI the industrialisation was already done by the Russians, it was enough to duplicate the factories in India.
There are 123 LCA that will not be completely fulfilled.

MRFA is nothing but a rechristened mmrca tender.
The requirement of new fighter came soon after 1999 Kargil war . If my memory is correct I read the news about requirement of fighter in 2000, @vstol Jockey may knows the exact timing I guess. And now we may sign MRFA aka mmrca in the year 2027. All of us , including ministry,mod are baffoon or what? We are yet to fill the lacuna felt during a war happed 28 years before. Pathetic....
UPA & NDA hold the power 10 year ech as on today after kargil war, still we are stuck with tendering process....

Sir , how will this new controversy
Pan out

Will it affect a Follow on order

Will Dassault issue a statement
For this kind of attack, Dassault's philosophy is "Bien faire et laisser braire" which translates into "Do it right and let it bray"

There is no need to react because the French Anti-Corruption Agency (AFA) has closed the case after an audit.

In France no one cares what Médiapart says, the unfortunate thing is that in India it can have an effect.

As a general rule, accusing without proof is slander, and if it is done to deliberately tarnish a reputation, it is also defamation.

In theory, the burden of proof lies with the accuser. And here, as far as proof is concerned, it's a bit thin: "Look, we've got something weird! It is necessarily a misappropriation since there is no evidence to the contrary. Besides, if there is nothing, it means there is something!

Now, Mediapart is neither theory nor information. It's communication. And in communication, the one who occupies the field is generally right and the one who tries to regain it has all the chances to exhaust himself if he wants to enter this game. The rules of evidence are abolished, and evidence "against" is generally discredited by the simple fact that it responds to an accusation, and that if one is accused, it is already suspicious and that one has something to hide - and that one's arguments are necessarily untrue.

This, in my view, is a strong justification for the 'do good and let it bray' approach of leaving the field of communication to other actors (IAF, MoD, government) to respond to slanderous displays

If true,it's the end of Rafale's journey in mmrca2 rendering saga. Sad,a finely engineered aircraft went to such trouble.
The anti bribe laws in France are very hard. I think it's a very bad joke.
Usual in the MMRCA1, now in the MMRCA2.... classical anti french bashing. Let spend some time.
@Picdelamirand-oil what prompt you to put that emoji?
1) The allegation came first in french media,
Are you undermining your own media by using that emoji?
2) or do you think that we indians are brainless and will go for Rafale again even if that allegations are true?
Even in France the full left aisle is able to lie.

• Agree
Reactions: Killbot and Hydra