Eurofighter Typhoon - Updates and Discussions

They were looking for above average performance though, that's why they didn't select the Rafale.

There is nothing about SPECTRA, nothing about the optical OSF ball of the Rafale and especially nothing about data fusion.

There is also the fact that the Rafale is largely "combat proven", whereas despite the British engagement in Libya (2011), or in Le Levant against Daech (since the end of 2014), we are still waiting for evidence of decisive air-to-ground strikes of the Typhoon (supposedly capable of firing cruise missiles, and the whole panoply of guided bombs, to make CAS/strikes of opportunity...).

Reactions: _Anonymous_
There is nothing about SPECTRA, nothing about the optical OSF ball of the Rafale and especially nothing about data fusion.

British defence journalists have assumed on their own that the Typhoon and Rafale have similar amounts of data fusion, and both are inferior to the F-35.

They don't care about OSF because Typhoon has the Pirate.

As for SPECTRA, they think it's similar to the Typhoon's EW suite.

So, all in all, both are similar aircraft, but Typhoon is better because it will someday have a bigger and more advanced AESA radar and has superior supersonic performance because of its more powerful engines.

You can't beat their logic.

Reactions: Picdelamirand-oil
@BMD
The last time I saw a delivery date for the Typhoon in Kuwait was for the end of 2020, I predicted it wouldn't be until April 2021, do you have a new date or was I too optimistic?

@BMD
The last time I saw a delivery date for the Typhoon in Kuwait was for the end of 2020, I predicted it wouldn't be until April 2021, do you have a new date or was I too optimistic?

I'm curious too. The original delivery date was 2019, 2 aircraft in the last quarter. Then it got pushed to the end of 2020.

You can't build an aircraft during a full lockdown.
During the so called full lockdown in France in March April last year, I was working every day on site. And all my factory as well.
But I'm not an english man....

I doubt Typhoon production was stopped during the lockdown.
He tried to find a bad alibi to justify another delay in AESA radar ....

I doubt Typhoon production was stopped during the lockdown.
All non-frontline work is stopped. You can't visit relatives either.

It's already flown in full Kuwaiti spec with AESA.