Islamic Republic of Pakistan : News, Discussions & Updates

National power grid breakdown plunges Pakistan into darkness​

Reuters Staff January 09, 2021
Reporting by Gibran Peshimam; Editing by Peter Graff​

1610243635286.png

A general view of a residential area is seen during a power breakdown in Karachi, Pakistan, January 10, 2021. REUTERS/Akhtar Soomro

ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - A breakdown in Pakistan’s national power grid plunged the country into darkness on Saturday night, officials said.

“A countrywide blackout has been caused by a sudden plunge in the frequency in the power transmission system,” Pakistan’s Power Minister Omar Ayub Khan said on Twitter.

He said efforts were underway to determine the reasons behind the situation, and asked people across the country to remain calm.

=============================
Source: Reuters

Yes, that was interesting little episode, with everyone presenting their conspiracy theories

National power grid breakdown plunges Pakistan into darkness​

Reuters Staff January 09, 2021
Reporting by Gibran Peshimam; Editing by Peter Graff

View attachment 19006
A general view of a residential area is seen during a power breakdown in Karachi, Pakistan, January 10, 2021. REUTERS/Akhtar Soomro

ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - A breakdown in Pakistan’s national power grid plunged the country into darkness on Saturday night, officials said.

“A countrywide blackout has been caused by a sudden plunge in the frequency in the power transmission system,” Pakistan’s Power Minister Omar Ayub Khan said on Twitter.

He said efforts were underway to determine the reasons behind the situation, and asked people across the country to remain calm.

Source: Reuters

Yes, that was interesting little episode, with everyone presenting their conspiracy theories
Seems like a major/complex malfunction in the Grid System as even today there are reports of blackouts in many cities.

Some claiming turbine malfunction while other some kinda software glitch

Is China trying it out in Pakistan before it tries it 5th Generation warfare against India? It might be the quality of Chinese equipment or the outdated technology still being used in Pakistan? India should review its power grid and infrastructure (if not already done) that it can't be brought down as a whole, by Chinese or any other.

This article pre supposes the notion that the said police station or any police station in Paxtan wasn't occupied by the porcine species before the invasion.

Frankly, there's so much coming out of naya Paxtan nowadays that it's difficult to categorise what belongs to this thread or some other thread like the funny section.

Actually, the news here isn't of a PIA jet secured on lease being seized. The news here is Please Inform Allah is still functioning. Don't get me wrong. I vaguely recall news over the past couple of years stating the PIA was in dire economic state & it was either on the verge of being shut down or sold away either whole or piecemeal especially after the building housing it's HQ & owned by it was sold away - the details of which escape me.

Later, I lost track of what happened. Now comes this news. In fact, I think Paxtan ought to be congratulated for keeping PIA afloat in spite of the situation both the nation & the airlines are in. Whatever the condition, it's important to maintain appearances however poor it may be. So what if it provokes laughter & derision among the world especially India.

Always remember nange se khuda bhi darta hain. Phir aap to Paxtani theray!! Jab ameriki bhi yaad karte hain ki bhai kis se palaa padaa toh Chini kya hain. @Arsalan123 ; @safriz

• Haha
Reactions: AbRaj
olive plantation has been very successful in those areas where people grow opium as cash crop.
its a very good plan. Whats the problem here?
Nothing wrong with it. But it won't solve Pakistan's economic problems.

What will lift people's lifestyle and Pakistani economy is heavy dose of defence budget cuts, reigning terrorists and terrorism as state policy, reigning Pak army, and above all good relationship with India and expanding economic relationship with India.

All these Nautankis won't solve anything is my point. Whether you like it or not Pakistan Army is the biggest parasite and is the sole responsible for Pakistan's economic and political woes...🤗☺️

What will lift people's lifestyle and Pakistani economy is heavy dose of defence budget cuts, reigning terrorists and terrorism as state policy, reigning Pak army, and above all good relationship with India and expanding economic relationship with India.

All these Nautankis won't solve anything is my point. Whether you like it or not Pakistan Army is the biggest parasite and is the sole responsible for Pakistan's economic and political woes...🤗☺️

All fanboys on PDF or Twitter who defend Pakistani policies towards India are part of the upper 10 percent strata of the country's population

Who are unaffected by common man' s economic struggles

They only want More F 16s and War with India

They believe that ONCE they defeat India , everything will become all right in Pakistan

Yeah, so that india can attack us.
Keep dreaming 🤣😅

• Haha
Reactions: suryakiran