Replace or complement the mp 9's. Just a little bigger more range higher penetration. Though the mp9's are used in suppressed role with much heavier 9mm grain for better penetration. It could also Go to para sf,garud too. We do have a raita of weapons one more wouldn't hurt. We already have amogh with the coast guard in the same caliber..View attachment 18834
Like I said, why can't we just use the .223 CQB carbine instead? That 5.56*30mm round is useless for army imo. But state police could use it... And it can be concealed inside a Kashmiri pheren.

Like I said, why can't we just use the .223 CQB carbine instead? That 5.56*30mm round is useless for army imo. But state police could use it... And it can be concealed inside a Kashmiri pheren.
So is 9 mm but they continue to use it. In CT and FIBUA areas it could be extremely useful we finally have a pdw class weapon that won't be as expensive and can be mass produced.
5.56 in an 11 inch barrel has the same range as the jvpc.

So is 9 mm but they continue to use it. In CT and FIBUA areas it could be extremely useful we finally have a pdw class weapon that won't be as expensive and can be mass produced.
The MP9s are extremely compact. Can't say the same about JVPC with a 12" barrel. Barrel is too long. It can be shortened to 8". The 5.56*45 Car 816 would be much better, even with 10.5" barrel. Imo, there is just no upside to having the JVPC instead of Car 816 i the army.

Looks pretty decent for a chinese toy gun. Caliber is good, fire rate is higher than mp 7. And a huge upgrade over the sterling.
A Pashtun gunsmith in the alleys of Peshawar could make rifles and guns with better finish. It's better to go with SSS's P-72 series carbines over this OFB/DRDO crap. We've seen how OFB ammo has repeatedly malfunctioned blowing up in the barrels damaging several of our artillery guns. INSAS issues are ill-famed and we've become a laughing stock. Just because a gun has passed trails, we don't necessarily need to induct a crappy looking gun and I just don't trust OFB crap filled with SC/ST and other reservation potheads who laze around all day and drink gallons of tea

A Pashtun gunsmith in the alleys of Peshawar could make rifles and guns with better finish. It's better to go with SSS's P-72 series carbines over this OFB/DRDO crap. We've seen how OFB ammo has repeatedly malfunctioned blowing up in the barrels damaging several of our artillery guns. INSAS issues are ill-famed and we've become a laughing stock. Just because a gun has passed trails, we don't necessarily need to induct a crappy looking gun and I just don't trust OFB crap filled with SC/ST and other reservation potheads who laze around all day and drink gallons of tea
I would have agreed on the ghatak ak's being bad with cheap finish. But this is far from being ugly. It's much cleaner looking than anything's ofb/drdo has come up with. This I say because I have seen it up close with CISF personnel in delhi metro. It looks way more modern and clean built even though it's a little bulky. Obviously can't compare it to the mp7 in terms of ergonomics but still you are being unnecessarily harsh on this gun. I am totally against inducting more Insas junk but this gun is actually a good addition and is not something that has many equivalents and the equivalents are much more expensive and also difficult to get exported to India..

The MP9s are extremely compact. Can't say the same about JVPC with a 12" barrel. Barrel is too long. It can be shortened to 8". The 5.56*45 Car 816 would be much better, even with 10.5" barrel. Imo, there is just no upside to having the JVPC instead of Car 816 i the army.
The mp9's are themselves extremely niche guns and the IA uses a very unique configuration. The caliber is a 158-165g 9mm bullet and is used in subsonic silenced roles. Something JVPC doesn't fit. Where I see it being successful is in for tank crews because it is similarly sized to the sterling. Also by RR units in Kashmir both here have been already suggested by members. The barrel length could be reduced but it would only happen if army orders a batch first. Improvement only happens in batches. The h&k 416 is already on its 7th improved version. It happens with all small arms and weapons.
The car 816 would be wasted on tank crews and RR is too comfortable with AK's jvpc is smaller than the car 816 but more powerful than your standard 9mm carbine or sidearm. Standard infantry units with ar 15 training would give us better results.

Last edited:
Identify the rifle & scope

1609003790213.png

Last edited:
Please expand.
5.56 ammunition don’t suffer from excessive recoil problem.
Rest it looks like thousands others from US firearm cottage industry
It's not about excessive recoil, it's about being an extremely accurate full auto-delivery leveraging its recoil system.

Reactions: AbRaj and Killbot