Brahmos Supersonic Cruise Missile : News, Updates and Discussions

This particular journalist writes anything in the name of sources.

With bureaucracy there's a bane , nothing goes to next stage untill it's checked and checked a little bit too much.

There can be any number of reasons for the snags. But not jumping of development steps, especially in India.

I would rather believe in what that baba ji account peddles instead of this one guy.
ADE is one of the least performing labs of DRDO. Last successful project undertaken by them is Lakshya inducted in 90s.

His sources might be from the lab graciously moving the blame to someone else.

The funding and resources are rather limited and DRDO still wastes those small resources on project's not asked by forces.

PS: When I say finding is small , I mean for the first cycle of R&D for Nirbhay which ended sometime back, the funding was dwarfed by funds to buy just 12 Harpoons.
Some DRDO divisions are having issues not all ....Don't forget prior to this test DRDO scored high in all the tests. Maybe we are failing in the testing of the turbofan engine as we don't have hi-tech testing labs for turbofan engines. Guys talking Brahmos integrated the turbofan ...everyone aware of that after the interview of Anantha Krishnan M with the Nirbhaya development team but that doesn't confirm the engine has zero internal issues and again lab testing is completely different from the realtime environment run ...anything can go wrong.

Some DRDO divisions are having issues not all ....Don't forget prior to this test DRDO scored high in all the tests. Maybe we are failing in the testing of the turbofan engine as we don't have hi-tech testing labs for turbofan engines. Guys talking Brahmos integrated the turbofan ...everyone aware of that after the interview of Anantha Krishnan M with the Nirbhaya development team but that doesn't confirm the engine has zero internal issues and again lab testing is completely different from the realtime environment run ...anything can go wrong.
I think ,I may be wrong also the real issue of Nirbhay is it's complex navigation, we yet to master it. If Manik engine was the real issue, the missile will dip in to sea due to thrust issue or it may even blasted in mid air. Here testing team destroyed it intentionally, traditionally such action will take only if the missile)rockets deviates from intended path.

ADE is one of the least performing labs of DRDO. Last successful project undertaken by them is Lakshya inducted in 90s.

He sources might be from the lab graciously moving the blame to someone else.

Yeas, lca was also an ada project. Missile itself is not ADA regime,I don't know why it has awarded to ada . Also lack of funds too might have played a key role.
I read some reports ( in a local language newspaper) that few defence planners were sceptical about the necessity of such a long ranged cruise missiles with India since we are not a country with over seas exploration ambitions. Such attitude might have played a ra role in giving less importance for this missile during early development cycle.
I believe it's better to restart a clean slate design from scratch .4 failures out of 7 development trials is a thing to worry. A stealth boxy type cruise missile with terrain contour/magnetic contour mapping & terrain hugging capabilities will play a crucial role in future warfare.

I think ,I may be wrong also the real issue of Nirbhay is it's complex navigation, we yet to master it. If Manik engine was the real issue, the missile will dip in to sea due to thrust issue or it may even blasted in mid air. Here testing team destroyed it intentionally, traditionally such action will take only if the missile)rockets deviates from intended path.
Agree, We are just making an assumption but if they recovered the missile then they didn't blow up the missile with the kill switch ...it just crash-landed. Yes, its complex missile system anything can go wrong like air intake not proving the sufficient airflow, software malfunction, required thrust issue, navigational error, etc. Let's hope we will see another Nirbhay test soon (y)

Reactions: Hydra
Y
Agree, We are just making an assumption but if they recovered the missile then they didn't blow up the missile with the kill switch ...it just crash-landed. Yes, its complex missile system anything can go wrong like air intake not proving the sufficient airflow, software malfunction, required thrust issue, navigational error, etc. Let's hope we will see another Nirbhay test soon (y)
Yeah lets wait for official version, these type of missiles are verymuch required against Chinese to target deep inside tibet.

Reactions: TARGET
Y

Yeah lets wait for official version, these type of missiles are verymuch required against Chinese to target deep inside tibet.
Did we buy a good number of Russian turbofans to build up Nirbhay numbers while we test the indigenous engine in parallel..?

Yeas, lca was also an ada project. Missile itself is not ADA regime,I don't know why it has awarded to ada . Also lack of funds too might have played a key role.
I read some reports ( in a local language newspaper) that few defence planners were sceptical about the necessity of such a long ranged cruise missiles with India since we are not a country with over seas exploration ambitions. Such attitude might have played a ra role in giving less importance for this missile during early development cycle.
I believe it's better to restart a clean slate design from scratch .4 failures out of 7 development trials is a thing to worry. A stealth boxy type cruise missile with terrain contour/magnetic contour mapping & terrain hugging capabilities will play a crucial role in future warfare.
Read before replying with your valuable opinion.

ADE is developing Nirbhay not ADA. Huge difference.

ADA is a seperate lab created only to develop LCA. Currently Mk2 and AMCA. They do not develop any missiles.

ADE is different from ADA.

1602553780498.png

Nothing like that at all. It is always to be expected that some flaw or the other will showe up. Liftoff was a success, stage-1 separation of the solid-rocket booster was a success, turbofan ignition was a success & only on the 8th minute of flight was a flaw discovered & it was most likely fuel-flow control system-related. It will be rectified quickly & one can expect another test-firing with the ‘desi’ STFE within 90 days, rest assured.

~pks

Read before replying with your valuable opinion.

ADE is developing Nirbhay not ADA. Huge difference.

ADA is a seperate lab created only to develop LCA. Currently Mk2 and AMCA. They do not develop any missiles.
Oops, my bad...