Islamic Republic of Pakistan : News, Discussions & Updates

Btw these are pictures of General Zia funeral. The guy was massively famous in Pakistan and abroad.
72 government deligations attended the funeral including 32 heads of state . Indian PM was also an attendee. I think it was Nersimha Rao.
I watched the live transmission and remember it like yesterday.

View attachment 15987View attachment 15988
Zia destroyed society, he made it a state of religious nut jobs. His assassination with exploding mangos came too late.

He could be the reason you or your parents left for the land of infidels for more opportunities. Yet here we are counting his achievements based on attendees of funeral.

Terrible loss of life, heard the recording what a brave pilot.

Reactions: Gautam
Terrible loss of life, heard the recording what a brave pilot.
yes. This is what I call professionalism. The Captain sounded very cool and calm and after losing both his engines, he knew what was in store for him but did not display any emotions or panic. Same was the case with Hudson Glider. Seems this guy was from services background.

Last edited:
Zia destroyed society, he made it a state of religious nut jobs. His assassination with exploding mangos came too late.

He could be the reason you or your parents left for the land of infidels for more opportunities. Yet here we are counting his achievements based on attendees of funeral.
You are making too many unsubstantiated assumptions.
Saw a video Plane glided pretty low and didn't breakup or anything before hitting the house, if it was in other direction pilot may have crash landed it.
Plane was photographed by a plane spotter just before crash and both engines seem to have sustained heavy damage.
Look at the charring at the bottom.

Polish_20200522_144852576.jpg

Reactions: BlackOpsIndia
yes. This is what I call professionalism. The Captain sounded very cool and calm and after losing both his engines, he knew what was in store for him but did not display any emotions or panic. Same was the case with Hudson Glider. Seems this guy was from services background.
If he could have hold on to few seconds more, he could have landed the plane on the runway. News is that it crashed just at the periphery of the airport. Probably he lost the altitude more than he though during the landing attempt.
You are making too many unsubstantiated assumptions.

Plane was photographed by a plane spotter just before crash and both engines seem to have sustained heavy damage.
Look at the charring at the bottom.

View attachment 16006
I don’t see any damage or smoke ?
News channels are saying it’s landing gear malfunction.

Saw a video Plane glided pretty low and didn't breakup or anything before hitting the house, if it was in other direction pilot may have crash landed it.

If he could have hold on to few seconds more, he could have landed the plane on the runway. News is that it crashed just at the periphery of the airport. Probably he lost the altitude more than he though during the landing attempt.

IMHO, These guys tried their best to save the aircraft and people in it and on ground. But they just did not have enough of airspace below them. In Aviation, we always say that sky above and runway behind is of no use, what matters is sky below and runway ahead. They had none.

Yeah, i have read yours on lal bahadur shastri's death and famine of 'Bengal of 70' assumptions. Now take my mangos.
You are being weird
Clearly pilots tried their best to reach the runway, but it came down too fast.

Btw isn’t @Arsalan123 is from Karachi ?
@safriz. Hope he and his family is safe.
There were some injuries on ground but all survived.
From plane passengers 4 survived. One had very little injuries and has been sent home.
So far 70 dead bodies recovered.
Identification and handing over to relatives in progress.
CCTV footage of the crash.
It seems the pilot is trying to gain altitude as the nose is up.

The plane is in middle of City, pilot is taking it to airport (away from population) to land, couldn't make it.

Where does he think plane should be taken with engine failure and moments before impact?
Let us not the judge the pilot. With both engines gone he had no option. I have flown Airbus A-320 and have over 2k hrs as PIC on it. In case of an emergency, the Captain is supposed to take over command even if he was Pilot not flying. The FO than takes over as pilot not flying (PNF). The job of PF-Pilot Flying after that is to aviate, communicate and navigate and the first offcier starts dealing with the emergency. In case of loss of both engines, Airbus has a a laid down SOP in which we have memory items which we are supposed to know by heart and others which will appear on ECAM to be taken care of after the initial actions from memory have been completed. The FO must have got busy to revive atleast one engine but they probably failed in the attempt. They fought till the last moment to save the aircraft and people in it. Pilots sit right in front, they too have families but they do not give in at all to save the aircraft irrespective of who's fault it was. Let us not demean the pilots for this crash and respect them. Please remember, even their family lost a bread earner.