DefExpo-2020

1580958443826.png

UTTAM AESA updates

total modes: 18
all tracking modes by UTTAM completed on executive jet
now need to prove this on more unstable LCA

10 have been completed on LCA
8 more to go - planned to finish by end of year.

3 specific modes: A2A, A2G, A2S

A2A and A2S tested on AEWC - same has been migrated to LCA

algorithm modified to handle agility of LCA
dornier (Flying test bed) has been fitted with uttam A2G in a different band and tested necessary modes in that band as well.

UTTAM AESA updates

algorithm modified to handle agility of LCA

This is what I meant when I said integrating Uttam on Su-30MKI requires significant Russian involvement, which includes us handing over significant amount of radar codes to the Russians in order to make it fully compatible with the MKI. This is why we have no choice but to use a Russian radar.

The only way we can avoid a Russian radar is if we gain full control over the Su-30MKI's FBW system, which the Russians are unlikely to part with at the current time.

In any case, the Russians will charge us an unrealistic amount just so we buy their own radar. They did the same with Brahmos integration, but that is so much more easier than replacing the radar itself.
Why 2 consecutive posts always merging together ?

@Mods

Small posts are merged in order to prevent spamming.

Anyway, is there any information about new 125mm smoothbore shells for the T-72/T-90? Also any possibilities of bringing in a new gun for the T-90 that can fire longer shells?

• Informative
Reactions: GuardianRED
From L&T :
1581136883500.png

The gun's stealth cupola is rather well done :
1581136757712.png

FCR for Army :
1581136818461.png

And Navy :
EQLF3G8VAAEVVI6.jpg

Interesting. they are going to pitch it to the navy too. A lot of our patrol boats use the OFB's Medak naval gun which is essentially a re-badged Shipunov 2A42 of the BMP. This could serve as a good replacement and a good upgrade from the 30mm to 40mm.

Same thing - For eg : the Phalanx System is used for CRAM

Didn't understand your point.
What I was trying to say is for CIWS Navies tend to go for multi barrel rotary cannons like AK630, Phalanx etc. The reason is simple, for a given value of rate of fire the wear and tear on an individual barrel will be far less in case of a multi barrel gun than a single barrel gun. Which is why I said that if this gun is used by the Navy, its primary job will not be air defence. However it can be used by smaller boats as the main gun with some secondary AD roles, those small boats usually don't have AD guns or have manually operated machine guns for that role.

Didn't understand your point.
What I was trying to say is for CIWS Navies tend to go for multi barrel rotary cannons like AK630, Phalanx etc. The reason is simple, for a given value of rate of fire the wear and tear on an individual barrel will be far less in case of a multi barrel gun than a single barrel gun. Which is why I said that if this gun is used by the Navy, its primary job will not be air defence. However it can be used by smaller boats as the main gun with some secondary AD roles, those small boats usually don't have AD guns or have manually operated machine guns for that role.

Let me explain

Only with With post#21 - for Airbase protection

1) For Protection of Air Based against Enemy Aircrafts - The used of L70 is suitable

2) For CIWS - A System like the Phalanx for CRAM

Now the your Post #33 - Navy

Agree 40mm to 30mm is any day better !

• Agree
Reactions: Gautam
This is what I meant when I said integrating Uttam on Su-30MKI requires significant Russian involvement, which includes us handing over significant amount of radar codes to the Russians in order to make it fully compatible with the MKI. This is why we have no choice but to use a Russian radar.

The only way we can avoid a Russian radar is if we gain full control over the Su-30MKI's FBW system, which the Russians are unlikely to part with at the current time.

In any case, the Russians will charge us an unrealistic amount just so we buy their own radar. They did the same with Brahmos integration, but that is so much more easier than replacing the radar itself.

Small posts are merged in order to prevent spamming.

Anyway, is there any information about new 125mm smoothbore shells for the T-72/T-90? Also any possibilities of bringing in a new gun for the T-90 that can fire longer shells?

We are developing so much avionics for Su 30 upgrade, radar itself getting ready..
Makes no sense if we don't integrate our own radar. Meteor missile and other western armaments can get integrated if it's our radar.

I believe it s going to be Russian radar only since they are the OEM, if we need their support then we have to follow their rule book.

However with extensive Indian involvement in upgrade, with radar being ready, more importantly Russian solution not being impressive..
I just hope we found a ground with Russian s to integrate our own radar.

Bharat Electronics And Tech Mahindra Collaborate To Build Digital Aerospace & Defence Products

ET Bureau | Last Updated: Feb 07, 2020, 09.08 PM IST
Aerospace_MRO.jpg

Anandi Ramalingam, Director Marketing, Bharat Electronics, said, “The MoU will enable BEL and Tech Mahindra to make joint efforts to seize the opportunities available in the domestic markets on back of the policy initiatives of the Indian Government such as Make-in-India”

MUMBAI: State-owned Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) and software provider, Tech Mahindra announced a partnership on Friday to design and build digital solutions for aerospace and defence applications. The companies signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) at DefExpo India 2020, Lucknow, to jointly develop solutions in the field of defence products and systems for the armed forces with the use of latest technologies in Aerospace and Defence (A&D) Engineering Services, 5G and cyber security.

Anandi Ramalingam, Director Marketing, Bharat Electronics, said, “The MoU will enable BEL and Tech Mahindra to make joint efforts to seize the opportunities available in the domestic markets on back of the policy initiatives of the Indian Government such as Make-in-India. It will further support in tapping into global markets for export of defence products produced by the individual companies or jointly developed and produced by the two companies, leveraging on the Export Promotion Policy of the Ministry of Defence, Government of India.”

Sujit Baksi, Head APAC Business and President Corporate Affairs, Tech Mahindra, said the collaboration would allow the companies to tap export opportunities.

“Tech Mahindra’s collaboration with Bharat Electronics extends our vision of supporting government’s ‘make in India’ initiative to enhance our indigenous capabilities and build a robust 5 Trillion Dollar Indian economy. It is also in line with our TechMNxt charter that focuses on leveraging new generation technologies to deliver an enhanced experience to our customers,” she said.

Bharat Electronics and Tech Mahindra collaborate to build digital aerospace & defence products

The Sheyna torpedo is in the same class as this. I wonder why we need 2 torpedoes in the same class. Maybe this is to be air-launched or to be used on the SMART.
IN is interested in an advanced contemporary version of the lightweight torpedo which is currently in production. They only ordered a small batch of those.