VL-SRSAM

80 km is nearly the range of Akash NG. :oops:
That too for fighter aircrafts.

For a small fighter sized target in tail chase mode it would be 40-50 km. But for head-on interception, it should be around 80-90 km.

It all depends on the size and/or power of the booster and the fuel.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
Tell us more.

I think what a booster is self evident. Show that on a Barak 8 or VL-SRSAM.
He is not talking about outer booster that is ejected after propelling the missile towards a specific speed and trajectory, but internal boost, sustain propellant. Boost propellant have higher burn rate and once they put the missile to a desired speed, the sustain propellant(which has slightly slower burn rate) takes over.

Of course, booster refers to the external element as we know it. So that's why I think there is slight confusion.

Tell us more.

I think what a booster is self evident. Show that on a Barak 8 or VL-SRSAM.

A booster is inside the missile. Then the sustainer kicks in to sustain the speed the missile was boosted to. So you can make the integral booster more powerful or use a better quality fuel to improve or extend thrust, which in turn increases range. What you are thinking of is a separate booster stage, like Barak 8 ER. Such missiles come with 2 boosters.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
Test mission possibly soon.

1707300349888.png

I don't know if that tender got retracted or not (they sometimes do) but this one is from today. There are some interesting things in it, mainly the redesigned VLS with the plume deflector. Remember the old module of 8 cell ? now imagine round canister shaped 4 more holes/pipes in between the missile canisters, total in 4-4-4 formation, that is the new design. Its kinda worse. Restricted docs hence could not.

I don't know if that tender got retracted or not (they sometimes do) but this one is from today. There are some interesting things in it, mainly the redesigned VLS with the plume deflector. Remember the old module of 8 cell ? now imagine round canister shaped 4 more holes/pipes in between the missile canisters, total in 4-4-4 formation, that is the new design. Its kinda worse. Restricted docs hence could not.
Can you share just the image of the launcher?

Can you share just the image of the launcher?
No the doc was R&DE property & marked restricted so only saw in part. Just imagine fitting 4 round holes fitted in between the 4 missile launch tubes for plume to be released and you can get a good idea. 4 of those holes , 2 each are sealed with caps ie 2 caps. For missile firing , 2 caps open, missile fired in succession maybe and plume goes out. Entire unit ie 8 missiles set is about 5 meter in height, about 3 meter length and just over 2m in width.