Unmanned Aerial / Underwater / Ground Vehicles : General Discussions

Autonomous Underwater Glider by IIT Delhi and IIT Madras :

Screenshot (809).png

View of Numerical Study of the Effect of Wing Position on Autonomous Underwater Glider

Made in India weaponized UAV for warfare

By Geetanjali Gupta
May 12 2020 09:48 AM
1589392931251.png

Showcased during 34th Raising Day of National Security Guard (NSG) in Manesar, these attack Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) also called drones are a result of the very success of Make in India initiative.

The team from startup company Vinveli, led by Gokul Anandayuvaraj has created this UAV after advice from the Ministry of Home Affairs. This a result of closely working with India’s premier counter-terrorism force NSG to understand the requirements of it’s commandos and developing an indigenous UAV.

Where most companies are focused on making UAVs with cameras for surveillance, this Made in India UAV called Vero is remotely piloted, equipped with two 38mm grenades that are capable of being remotely fired mid-air. The UAV has two cameras that allow for the operator to conduct surveillance and locate the target. It can function in below zero degree to positive forty degrees. The UAV is designed to be used in extreme and high-altitude conditions.

An advance version of this UAV is packed with even more firepower with capacity of firing lethal 40mm grenades. Another variant is capable of carrying several kilograms of High Explosive IEDs, transporting supplies such as ammunition, food, etc. It can also be used to carry and deliver lifesaving medicines or first aid kits. Several special forces units are equipped with these UAVs for use in operations.

The company is a registered DIPP startup and is one of the gems that the DIPP initiatives has produced. The company’s chief innovator and director, Gokul, has filed for 2 patents on the critical technology used in these drones. Being on the forefront of research and development of these weaponized systems, the Vero UAV is one of a kind in the world.

As more and more startups develop cutting edge technology, adoption of these products and support for these companies by the government and defence forces will pave way for more entrants into this field. Nurturing such companies shall make India not only self-sufficient, but will also enable India to be a defence exporter.

Reactions: Vicky
Future Wars: India’s first-ever unmanned war machine is here; To be tested soon

By: Huma Siddiqui | Published: March 13, 2020 4:02:00 PM

“SOORAN is field-tested and ready to go for manufacturing. We are still upgrading its autonomous capabilities and working on documentation” Dennis Ebenezar, MD of a start-up Defence Master India Pvt Ltd, tells Financial Express Online.
View attachment 14756
‘SOORAN’ country’s first unmanned armoured vehicle, capable to fight on battlefields and be operated from a distance, has caught the interest of the Indian Army.

In an effort to ensure minimum casualties during the war, the Indian Army is getting ready to test out an unmanned vehicle next month. ‘SOORAN’ country’s first unmanned armoured vehicle, capable to fight on battlefields and be operated from a distance, has caught the interest of the Indian Army. “SOORAN is field-tested and ready to go for manufacturing. We are still upgrading its autonomous capabilities and working on documentation works,” Dennis Ebenezar, MD of a start-up Defence Master India Pvt Ltd, tells Financial Express Online. The tests will be done in Chennai next month for the Indian Army.

The tests next month which will be carried out next month is of significance, as Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) Gen Bipin Rawat in his interaction with the young Instrumentation & Control engineer had expressed interest in Project SOORAN during the DefExpo 2020.

The son of a retired schoolmaster, Ebenezar explains “The unmanned vehicle weighing around 500 kgs can be operated either through a control room or through a mobile phone. It has a mounted gun turret, and this too can be controlled remotely.”

View attachment 14755

More about SOORAN :
  • It is multi-terrain vehicle.
  • Equipped with artificial intelligence and has a petrol engine.
  • Can be operated in three modes including teleoperated with remote, teleoperated from a mobile control station and through an autonomous mode.
  • This is possible through artificial intelligence ‘NIVATA’.
  • It also has onboard long-range cameras, high-end processors, controllers, sensors, power backup, etc.
  • Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) as well as other stakeholders have shown interest in this futuristic war machine.
  • For the future Digitised future warfare, he is working on Artificial Super Intelligence NIVATA, which is under development and testing. “NIVATA specially designed to take on terrorists hiding inside buildings,” he says.

View attachment 14754

“We have three ground and air combat systems are capable to conduct coordinated combat operation using Artificial Intelligence (AI) NIVATA, specially designed to take on terrorists hiding inside buildings. And besides ‘SOORAN’ which is Tele-operated Unmanned Combat Vehicle with Autonomous mode, there is ‘Sky Emperor’: Drone with a Gun. Remote controlled and Autonomous and ‘Scout Flies’ – a cluster of micro-drones used to destroy Specific targets using a small amount of chemical explosives loaded in it.”

“Scout Flies can also be used for mass ground search operations with facial and object recognition and is fully autonomous with pre-designed tasks,” says the man who has self-financed these projects.

“A demonstration is being scheduled for mid-April, where all the three combat systems will conduct a coordinated combat operation with help of NIVATA, with certain pre-designed assignments,” he adds.

Future Wars: India’s first-ever unmanned war machine is here; To be tested soon

Love the name Sooran. It's Tamil meaning for Asuran. Though I would have loved the name if it had Been a robot. A Sooran for the enemies.

If only you had read my posts on another forum. I designed it in 2015 and called it "Flying Infantrymen". I even gave a presntation of of it to DRDO. But those guys from DRDO are cheats and third rate individuals. They copied my idea. One of them has sold my idea to this company and I can prove it. That man now holds shares in this company.

Love the name Sooran. It's Tamil meaning for Asuran. Though I would have loved the name if it had Been a robot. A Sooran for the enemies.
Sooran is also the name of a vegetable in hindi ( elephant yam in English ; yanai yam in tamil) . I sincerely hope this doesn't live up to its hindi name.

Reactions: AbRaj and Vicky

IITB pushes Matsya 6 AUV development

The autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) team at the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (AUV-IITB) is looking to evolve its Matsya series of AUVs with new capabilities.

A representative from the AUV-IITB team told Janes in October that the institute is seeking improved performance from Matsya 6, the latest model in its Matsya family of AUVs. The team participated with this variant in RoboSub 2020, an international student competition for designing and building robotic submarines, winning third prize in the presentation category.

The Matsya 6 AUV features separate hulls that house and protect its subsystems and electronics. (AUV-IITB)

The Matsya 6 AUV features separate hulls that house and protect its subsystems and electronics. (AUV-IITB)
Matsya 6 is a 1.05 m-long man-portable system capable of performing underwater surveillance and light inspection tasks up to a depth of 45 m. The vehicle weighs 37 kg and features a modular design that facilitates the ease of integrating and removing components such as batteries, thrusters, and cameras. The skeleton type frame of the indigenously developed vehicle is designed to reduce weight without compromising on structural strength.

Matsya 6 features a primary hull that houses the vehicle’s major subsystems and a secondary hull that protects its electronic speed controller (ESC) and electronic circuits.

The main hull has been redesigned and features several enhancements that distinguish it from the earlier variants. It includes new features including layered and backplane electrical stacking, and a redesigned baseplate to ensure sufficient heat dissipation. The graphics processing unit (GPU) is now mounted directly on the baseplate to improve heat transfer performance.

The Matsya 6’s ESC hull is a new feature that not only provides improved heat dissipation, but also reduces 60% of the volume previously occupied by the ESC and electronic circuitry in the earlier variants.

Reactions: Gautam
If only you had read my posts on another forum. I designed it in 2015 and called it "Flying Infantrymen". I even gave a presntation of of it to DRDO. But those guys from DRDO are cheats and third rate individuals. They copied my idea. One of them has sold my idea to this company and I can prove it. That man now holds shares in this company.

No point in handing over ideas, you gotta make those yourself and patent it.