Ukraine - Russia Conflict

The war in Ukraine, tactically speaking, is a "normal" high intensity war. Politically, on the other hand, and this is the most important thing, it is a colonial war, between a country that behaves like a coloniser and wishes to destroy the independence of the other (and not to subjugate it, there is a nuance) and a nation that, on the contrary, wants to free itself from its tutelage.

A war of submission can end when the dominator is willing to negotiate with the one he wanted to submit. A colonial war can only end when the coloniser leaves the field.

This can happen through military defeat (Indochina, Greek War of Independence, American War of Independence) or also through the defeat of the home front (e.g. Algeria, Vietnam, Angola). It may take a few years or it may last thirty years. But it always ends with the defeat of the coloniser because he no longer has the will to continue pouring money, men and means into a Danaid's barrel where victory is impossible, whereas the colonised knows that he can win if he holds out long enough.
Indeed, and Russian government revenues are fairly small. 7154783.29m RUB. That amounts to $0.1tr give or take. The war is costing $330bn per year ($0.9m/day), and interest rates are 8%. Russian debt pre-war was 18.2% of GDP or $0.32tr. Even assuming the interest rate stays at 8% as the debt rises (which it won't, it will rise), then in 3 years Russian debt will be $1.32tr and the interest payment at 8% is $0.106tr > Revenue, hence bankrupt.

August 24th offensive maybe?
It must be brutal for these Russian soldiers right now. No wonder Pooty-poo got a little hard on of the thought NK sending 100k troops.

Russia seriously needs to consider quitting for the sake of its air force.

EXPLOSIONS IN CRIMEA: BELBEK airfield is on fire

Sevastopol will be next. I double dare Russia to try parking a ship there.

Quitting smoking cigs? I agree it has cost them a whole squadron of fighters and bunch of ammo too.
Perhaps they are building up for a crescendo on the 23rd August to remind Russia of its signing on the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact.

Imagine the cost of all this. How much has Russia lost since 9th August? I believe Ukraine may be using their Vilkha MLRS. This is like a superior version of Smerch. Air defence was active in all these regions too. It failed again.

Last edited:
Explosions at ammunition depot in occupied Amvrosiivka.

It's safe to say they have ATACMS.

Russia seriously needs to consider quitting for the sake of its air force.

EXPLOSIONS IN CRIMEA: BELBEK airfield is on fire

Sevastopol will be next. I double dare Russia to try parking a ship there.
They are quiting, just not peacefully. Multiple reports coming in of charges being set off in a nuclear power plant as Russian elements withdraw from the nuclear power plant. Catastrophy about to happen anytime if somebody doesn't take a conscious decision to stop the war right then & there which is now.

Reactions: BMD