Should India get its own sizing standard ?

Avi

Administrator
Dec 1, 2017
India
The ' size India ' campaign , which is set to be completed by 2021 aims to measure 25,000 men and women in the age group of 15-65 years across six major cities to come up with an extensive size chart that reflects the “unique Indian body structure”.

This is really needed or we could twerk an accepted standard to meet out needs. This looks more of a campaign than a real functional approach.

This will create more confusion and and global acceptance will be hard to come by.

vsdoc

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
my cave
The ' size India ' campaign , which is set to be completed by 2021 aims to measure 25,000 men and women in the age group of 15-65 years across six major cities to come up with an extensive size chart that reflects the “unique Indian body structure”.

This is really needed or we could twerk an accepted standard to meet out needs. This looks more of a campaign than a real functional approach.

This will create more confusion and and global acceptance will be hard to come by.
There is already an Asian sizing standard which wouldn't be significantly far off from the Indian mean, if at all.

Cheers, Doc

suryakiran

Team StratFront
Dec 1, 2017
Bangalore
There is already an Asian sizing standard which wouldn't be significantly far off from the Indian mean, if at all.
Doc dont make me laugh. Try go shopping in the markets of South East Asia. Their adult sizes are our kid sizes. And their foot sizes are what I used to have when was pre teen playing gully cricket.

Reactions: Shashank and Bali78

Bali78

Dec 26, 2017
USA

In US itself size varies a lot across brands. I guess it's required for India. It's a huge market and our body structure is quite different from Europeans and Americans. Manufacturers can adapt US/UK standards for exports.

Bali78

Dec 26, 2017
USA
Doc dont make me laugh. Try go shopping in the markets of South East Asia. Their adult sizes are our kid sizes. And their foot sizes are what I used to have when was pre teen playing gully cricket.
Correct. I had to buy 4XL size jackets in Shanghai which is equivalent of our XXL.

suryakiran

Team StratFront
Dec 1, 2017
Bangalore
Correct. I had to buy 4XL size jackets in Shanghai which is equivalent of our XXL.
My wife literally cried and I burst out laughing when the lady selling clothes on the street said, too big too big. And I can assure you, she is faaaaaaaar from too big. Had to buy lots of chocolate to atone for my laughing.

vsdoc

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
my cave
I know that man.

But then neither do we fit properly in US, UK and EU sizes.

Indians are a diverse lot. Some built big, some built small.

When I buy cycling or sports goods for example from Chinese online portals, I always order a XXL (Im normally an XL). Even then some of the tights I got show a hint of butt crack.

Cheers, Doc

• Agree
Reactions: suryakiran