Shivalik Class (Project 17/17A) & Talwar Class Frigates

Do you know what is mazagon's time frame for upcoming destroyers? China would build an aircraft carrier with same time frame

China also has enough orders to manage workers for all three shifts. When we build 4 ships, they build 20.

We will get there soon enough though, as we get richer.

Reactions: Chain Smoker
Afaik p15b isnt following modular construction method.

I haven't checked it myself, but MDL's modular construction capabilities becoming available and the P-15Bs keel laying began at around the same time.

According to MDL, they said they need 6 years to build a destroyer and 5 years to build a frigate using modular construction. And both P-15B and P-17A seem to be following such timelines.

Reactions: Chain Smoker
I haven't checked it myself, but MDL's modular construction capabilities becoming available and the P-15Bs keel laying began at around the same time.

According to MDL, they said they need 6 years to build a destroyer and 5 years to build a frigate using modular construction. And both P-15B and P-17A seem to be following such timelines.
Here's p15b's keel laying ceremony.notice how small the part is compared to the p17a's module .IMO even if they are using modular construction both arnt same.

Attachments

• images (4).jpeg
    images (4).jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 285
Here's p15b's keel laying ceremony.notice how small the part is compared to the p17a's module .IMO even if they are using modular construction both arnt same.

I don't know much about ship constuction, so I don't know how to tell the different processes apart. Maybe even without modular construction they have managed to bring the destroyer time down to 6 years.

A shivalik class frigate in jakarta Indonesia The pic is apparently from sep 26. Did media report about any navy ship visiting indonesia back then.

Attachments

• 120194929_2801881160137465_6327661739600190749_o.jpg
    120194929_2801881160137465_6327661739600190749_o.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 262
  • Informative
Reactions: Gautam
A shivalik class frigate in jakarta Indonesia The pic is apparently from sep 26. Did media report about any navy ship visiting indonesia back then.
Where did you get it ? I don't recall any such news being put out by Indian media. Wasn't this during the Indonesia-China naval stand off ?

Launch of the first vessel of Nilgiri Class.

View attachment 18198

Shoft Shipyard's own deck loading vessel 'HDC Albatross' transporting the mega-blocks of P17A program from Shoft Shipyard, Bharuch to MDL.

View attachment 18200

Oh my.......great pics, got anymore ? Have any idea of the which sections these blocks are ? There was a diagram showing all the blocks.

Also mind if I take this to twitter ?

Reactions: Amal
Oh my.......great pics, got anymore ? Have any idea of the which sections these blocks are ? There was a diagram showing all the blocks.

Also mind if I take this to twitter ?

Nopes, but I am trying to find images of hull block fabrication by other P17A subcontractors- Chowgule, Titagargh & DDCL.

I guess you mean this. All the blocks shown in green were supposed to be subcontracted to other yards. One of the blocks in the pic does seem to be the stern block with provision for stern tube to pass through.

_20171009_232312.jpg

Obviously you can post it to to twitter. The images belong to MDL, Shoft & MDL respectively.

Thank you. So it was Shavlik that was deployed. I'll post it tomorrow on SF twitter. :)
I guess you mean this. All the blocks shown in green were supposed to be subcontracted to other yards.
Yes that's the one.
One of the blocks in the pic does seem to be the stern block with provision for stern tube to pass through.
propulsion shaft ?
Obviously you can post it to to twitter. The images belong to MDL, Shoft & MDL respectively.
Thank you. Appreciate the help.:)

Note the lrsam vls upper structures on deck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201214-164330_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20201214-164330_YouTube.jpg
    991.7 KB · Views: 240
  • Screenshot_20201214-163850_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20201214-163850_YouTube.jpg
    881.1 KB · Views: 244
Reactions: Ashwin