Rafale DH/EH of Indian Air Force : News and Discussions

Sometime around Nov'2021, a well known defence enthusiast (Saurav??) wrote in twitter that a big order of Rafale is expected by Feb'2022. Where is that order (Feb is just a few days away)?

Sometime around Nov'2021, a well known defence enthusiast (Saurav??) wrote in twitter that a big order of Rafale is expected by Feb'2022. Where is that order (Feb is just a few days away)?

Jha?

If there is a Rafale deal in the works, then any dates given will be tentative. The date shouldn't be of importance, the action should be. In third world countries, the budget has to be juggled a lot more than in first world countries, so the date changes far more frequently. Plus this is election time. Any potential deal will only happen well after it.

May be after union budget.
Jha?

If there is a Rafale deal in the works, then any dates given will be tentative. The date shouldn't be of importance, the action should be. In third world countries, the budget has to be juggled a lot more than in first world countries, so the date changes far more frequently. Plus this is election time. Any potential deal will only happen well after it.
If your are refering to up election, announcement of new rafale purchase will give boost to BJP.

That's not the answer he was looking for though. :p

RI Almost Definitely Buying Dassault Rafale Fighter Jets, Prabowo: Just Activate Contract

"Rafale has advanced a bit, I think it's just a matter of activating the contract," Prabowo said after chairing the 2022 Ministry Leadership Meeting (Rapim) on the second day at the Ministry of Defense, Jakarta, Thursday (20/1/2022).

Meanwhile, regarding the plan to purchase F-15EX fighter aircraft from the United States, Prabowo said, it was still in the negotiation stage.

The arrival of the Rafale in Greece.

I've never seen someone so excited about losing 12 Rafales from the French fleet. Are you going to be just as excited when it is 24 lost to the fleet? When the other 12 secondhand sale is taken out. Is a squadron 24 in France? With the other 14 being cannibalised. That's more than one and a half squadrons down.

I've never seen someone so excited about losing 12 Rafales from the French fleet. Are you going to be just as excited when it is 24 lost to the fleet? When the other 12 secondhand sale is taken out. Is a squadron 24 in France? With the other 14 being cannibalised. That's more than one and a half squadrons down.

Obviously it's a sale for them..
They are offering , when it's not going to concern them.

They are left with something like 65 Rafales. The air force is being gutted. Not even 3 squadrons of rafales left. There are plans to buy more towards the end of the decade. This shortfall will probably last well into the next decade. If it's ever made up.

Why should this concern us? We have 152 Rafales and since we can set the availability rate of these as we wish, the fact that we set it at a value between 50 and 55% shows that we need between 76 and 84 Rafales. We can take 80 to simplify. We have just disposed of 6 Rafales, so we have 146 left and the availability rate that this implies is 80/146 = 55%. For the future, there are no worries either because the 6 that have just arrived in Greece will be replaced in 2023 before we send another 6. As for Croatia, it is still much later.

It should also be noted that the availability rate in question takes into account the immobilization of the 14 Rafale cannibalized and that their return to the line will mechanically increase this rate.

They are left with something like 65 Rafales. The air force is being gutted. Not even 3 squadrons of rafales left. There are plans to buy more towards the end of the decade. This shortfall will probably last well into the next decade. If it's ever made up.
You forget the Rafale M used for french airspace defense when not on the carrier (and all are never fully aboard), you forget the M2000D, the M2000-5.

Pushing for FCAS cooperation with India is always an option. But it's a very, very difficult proposition to make to India because DRDO can claim to make the same stuff for much cheaper while maintaining full strategic autonomy.

The difference is cooperation will get us a result by 2040, whereas DRDO's effort could take up to 2050. So the 10-year advantage is a selling point. But that's where DRDO will argue that a stop gap purchase can be made to make up for the 10-year difference while also offering greater advancements by 2050 with a superior design. Nevertheless, they will still argue that AMCA Mk2 will be more than enough. Even an Mk3 can be made available to replace the first 3 MKI squadrons before the main replacement comes in. The IAF have way too many options for them to be convinced by FCAS beyond a stop gap purchase.
I have sent my letter with its annex to President Macron.

I have sent my letter with its annex to President Macron.

I wouldn't keep my hopes up though. India and France are not in the same tax bracket for 50-50.

There may be a possibility of the IN showing interest for the next 2 carriers though. There will be a requirement for 90 jets and 90 drones. So the post TEDBF aircraft can be FCAS, with India contributing like the UK did with the F-35.

I wouldn't keep my hopes up though. India and France are not in the same tax bracket for 50-50.

There may be a possibility of the IN showing interest for the next 2 carriers though. There will be a requirement for 90 jets and 90 drones. So the post TEDBF aircraft can be FCAS, with India contributing like the UK did with the F-35.
If I have an interesting answer I will let you know.

Why should this concern us? We have 152 Rafales and since we can set the availability rate of these as we wish, the fact that we set it at a value between 50 and 55% shows that we need between 76 and 84 Rafales. We can take 80 to simplify. We have just disposed of 6 Rafales, so we have 146 left and the availability rate that this implies is 80/146 = 55%. For the future, there are no worries either because the 6 that have just arrived in Greece will be replaced in 2023 before we send another 6. As for Croatia, it is still much later.

It should also be noted that the availability rate in question takes into account the immobilization of the 14 Rafale cannibalized and that their return to the line will mechanically increase this rate.
He is trolling u i beleive, why to feed him?

You forget the Rafale M used for french airspace defense when not on the carrier (and all are never fully aboard), you forget the M2000D, the M2000-5.
This was the air force, that is being gutted to under 65 Rafales. Though I did see that there may be an offer for India to lease some Rafale M. So they may be on the chopping block too.

I didn't forget the Mirage. The same as I didn't forget the old Hornets, or the F-16 that are being retired for the F-35. A lot of countries get rid of their obsolete stuff. You boast about keeping it.