Rafale DH/EH of Indian Air Force : News and Discussions

"A French judge has been tasked with investigating a controversial 2016 multi-billion-dollar sale of Rafale fighter jets to India on “corruption” suspicions, the national financial prosecutors’ office (PNF) said Friday.

The 7.8-billion-euro ($9.3-billion) deal for 36 planes between the Indian government and French aircraft manufacturer Dassault has long been mired in corruption allegations...."
A judge has been appointed to that because a left aisle newspaper is making hard noise for months without proof. It's quite an automatic answer from the french justice, as always.
It's only a beginning, and it will probably end with a without follow-up complaint.
Keep cool and have a cold beer.

I don't think so

Will the US hence forth only rely on F 35 and F 22 against China

There's no difference between the F-15 and MKI. The MKI MLU is what the F-15EX is. If we get lucky, the MKI will get a GaN AESA radar and take the lead.

The US plans to rely on the NGAD and B-21. They plan on two different fighter jet centerpieces under NGAD. One will be specific for the Pacific and the other for Europe. It's because the Pacific needs longer range.

A judge has been appointed to that because a left aisle newspaper is making hard noise for months without proof. It's quite an automatic answer from the french justice, as always.
It's only a beginning, and it will probably end with a without follow-up complaint.
Keep cool and have a cold beer.
Sure buddy. This isn't the first or last corruption allegations for Dassault. It's funny how many French love to claim bribes/corruption when a nation selects the F-35 without proof but always seem to ignore Dassault's many allegations through out the years including this recent one. All quiet on the Frenchy forums.

Reactions: BMD
There's no difference between the F-15 and MKI. The MKI MLU is what the F-15EX is. If we get lucky, the MKI will get a GaN AESA radar and take the lead.

The US plans to rely on the NGAD and B-21. They plan on two different fighter jet centerpieces under NGAD. One will be specific for the Pacific and the other for Europe. It's because the Pacific needs longer range.
Shoulda kept Mr.Roper. One of the only holdouts I wished for.

You're probably right about the NGAD, the US Navy is kinda in the most disarray out of the three branches.

Shoulda kept Mr.Roper. One of the only holdouts I wished for.

You're probably right about the NGAD, the US Navy is kinda in the most disarray out of the three branches.

The NGAD I'm referring to is the two air force versions they are experimenting with.

The navy's NGAD is not suitable for the IAF.

So we are talking about three fighter jets under two NGAD programs.

The NGAD I'm referring to is the two air force versions they are experimenting with.

The navy's NGAD is not suitable for the IAF.

So we are talking about three fighter jets under two NGAD programs.
Oh I know, I phrased that horribly. I'm just saying the long range thing requirement for the airforce is likely more pressing due the concerns of the Navy.

Oh I know, I phrased that horribly. I'm just saying the long range thing requirement for the airforce is likely more pressing due the concerns of the Navy.

The geographical advantage for the USN stands in complete anthithesis to the USAF in the Pacific. The USN has a lot of water to work with, whereas the USAF has no land to operate their fighters from. And it appears the USN wants the USAF to handle deep penetration missions into China, they want to play a more supporting role.

It's interesting to note that the YF-23 had twice the range of the F-22. Had the USAF chosen the YF-23 back then, they wouldn't have needed to start NGAD as a knee-jerk reaction to the J-20. It would have allowed them to operate from the southern part of Japan, not just Okinawa, and also from even further north with just 1 refuelling. This would have afforded the USN the greater budget needed for more ships and allowed them to press home their advantage versus the PLAN.

There is one. US radar on F-15EX do not fail to get a lock like MKI radar did in Feb 2019. Great thing with US fighters and missiles is that they atleast work. Russians ones fail to varying degree. Either their missiles are out of range or their radars do not work or their FBW fails and they crash like a bad dream. F-15 has a record of never been shot down and it has seen a hell lot of combat.

Sure buddy. This isn't the first or last corruption allegations for Dassault. It's funny how many French love to claim bribes/corruption when a nation selects the F-35 without proof but always seem to ignore Dassault's many allegations through out the years including this recent one. All quiet on the Frenchy forums.
The indian case was closed by.... the indian court.
What are the others ?

It would have been fair to speak of the EF2000 sale to Saudi Arabia, closed by the british PM....
But as GB is a foreign state of USA you are quiet.

There is one. US radar on F-15EX do not fail to get a lock like MKI radar did in Feb 2019. Great thing with US fighters and missiles is that they atleast work. Russians ones fail to varying degree. Either their missiles are out of range or their radars do not work or their FBW fails and they crash like a bad dream. F-15 has a record of never been shot down and it has seen a hell lot of combat.

I want to know from you which plane
Including F 35 and F 22 ,
can get a Radar Lock On an Adversary
which is

1 ) 15 to 20 K Feet Higher than itself
2 ) Flying at Mach 1 and above
3). Has already Fired an AAM At your plane and is now turning away

By The way , are you aware that Wing Commander Abhinandan could kill that F 16 Only because he was some 5 K feet above it

It is a simple concept that the Plane flying higher will get a First Shot Advantage

Whether it is a Human Soldier sitting on a Higher peak at Kargil and Ladakh OR
A fighter at a Higher altitude , Higher ALTITUDE is always advantageous

which is

By The way , are you aware that Wing Commander Abhinandan could kill that F 16 Only because he was some 5 K feet above it

It is a simple concept that the Plane flying higher will get a First Shot Advantage

Well here's a more simple concept. A stealthy plane will always get the first shot advantage regardless of flying higher or lower. So yeah, I would take a Rafale with spectra on over a Mig flying higher for example.

Geographical features are still very important, but technology has largely made these kinds of issues surmountable. For example. Russia logistically could be invaded in the modern day in winter no problem if we turned off nukes in this world.

Reactions: STEPHEN COHEN
which is

I was not alluding to WC Abhinandan's plane. I was alluding to Su30 MKIs that had to take evasive manoeuvres because they could not fire first and had missiles coming their way. Su30MKIs were not able to get a lock on F-16s and their missiles were outranged. F-15EX would have certainly outranged F-16s in radar terms and atleast matched in missile reach terms. Evidence? Look at all the emergency purchase of missiles.

I was not alluding to WC Abhinandan's plane. I was alluding to Su30 MKIs that had to take evasive manoeuvres because they could not fire first and had missiles coming their way. Su30MKIs were not able to get a lock on F-16s and their missiles were outranged. F-15EX would have certainly outranged F-16s in radar terms and atleast matched in missile reach terms. Evidence? Look at all the emergency purchase of missiles.

Su 30 MKI Did have Inferior Missiles on Feb 27 , that has been accepted
But the BARS Radar was not inferior to that on PAF Block 52

The Su 30 Could not have maintained a Radar Lock with such a Altitude Difference

Infact we should do the Same Exercise with Rafale and see whether a RAFALE
can get a Firing Solution at a plane which is 15 to 20 K feet Higher than itself

@randomradio What is your opinion about Rafale' s Look Up -- Shoot up capabilities

which is

An F-14 + AIM-54C, it would even get the first shot, it was designed for such.

F-22s and F-35s would not be seen before they have seen the adversary.

True. It's the overall score. I don't think we will get that lucky with Finland, they are much more serious about secrecy. Our best hope is when the Swiss deal comes up for another potential vote, some more information may come out to help protect the F-35.

Effectiveness was evaluated through a weighted combination of operational capability (55%), ease of maintenance (25%), cooperation (10%) and direct compensations in the form of investments in the Swiss economy (10%), Venable’s report said.''

I guess that's something. Cooperation and investments cancel out since the F-35 has the advantage of multiple countries and USA industry base vs rafale and lockheed can't compare to the investment of rafale or typhoon.

This is of course assuming the Rafale scored 2nd. I hope they did.

But the BARS Radar was not inferior to that on PAF Block 52

The Su 30 Could not have maintained a Radar Lock with such a Altitude Difference

Infact we should do the Same Exercise with Rafale and see whether a RAFALE
can get a Firing Solution at a plane which is 15 to 20 K feet Higher than itself
Had it been F-15EX, it would have. I expect the same from Rafale.