Rafale DH/EH of Indian Air Force : News and Discussions

How many Tejas LCA have been produced and in how long?
Have you ever seen a prototype of the Mk 1a LCA?
The development of the LCA has been very long and its industrialisation follows the same path. HAL does not know how to industrialise its production: for the SU-30 MKI the industrialisation was already done by the Russians, it was enough to duplicate the factories in India.
There are 123 LCA that will not be completely fulfilled.

The LCA's serial production has been successful. Even the expansion of the production line has been completed and was inaugurated in Feb this year.

As for Mk1A, the modifications are not big enough to bring in significant delays. Most of it is just refinement and strengthening of the airframe, some weight reduction and new avionics. These type of modifications have been done by HAL for many years from PV-1 to LSP-8. That's why it doesn't have an IOC or FOC process, the very first jet will be FOC. First flight of a prototype is next year.

The MoD/IAF allowed the signature of the deal only after confirming that the project can be accomplished.

Anyway, the success or failure of LCA Mk1A won't affect the second order of Rafales. Any failure in MKI upgrade or LCA Mk2 will give greater importance to the second order.

MRFA is nothing but a rechristened mmrca tender.
The requirement of new fighter came soon after 1999 Kargil war . If my memory is correct I read the news about requirement of fighter in 2000, @vstol Jockey may knows the exact timing I guess. And now we may sign MRFA aka mmrca in the year 2027. All of us , including ministry,mod are baffoon or what? We are yet to fill the lacuna felt during a war happed 28 years before. Pathetic....
UPA & NDA hold the power 10 year ech as on today after kargil war, still we are stuck with tendering process....

If Vajpayee had won the elections back in 2004, we would have finished the production of 126 M2000s by now. No point in complaining about spilt milk.

A tendering process takes time. And MRFA is unlikely to begin until the economy has recovered to a certain extent. The tender is too big to be run under uncertain economic conditions.

If Vajpayee had won the elections back in 2004, we would have finished the production of 126 M2000s by now. No point in complaining about spilt milk.

A tendering process takes time. And MRFA is unlikely to begin until the economy has recovered to a certain extent. The tender is too big to be run under uncertain economic conditions.
Initial process for mmrca started with Adalji's government. The expelling of Mirqge happened with that government itself ( for a good reason ), or else we will not issue RFI in 2004.

20+ years and still counting for tendering, it shows our incapability to conclude big ticket purchase, no one in this universe can justify such horrendous delay.

Initial process for mmrca started with Adalji's government. The expelling of Mirqge happened with that government itself ( for a good reason ), or else we will not issue RFI in 2004.

The RFI for MRCA was scrapped by UPA and replaced with MMRCA.

Reactions: Hydra
Seriouly Now, do you know what is this:

screen10.jpg

It's on Indian Rafale only
If it's present on on Indian Rafales then what is this on a French Rafale. Zoom on the tail section...

IMG_20210406_213902_030.jpg

Indian firm rejects allegations over supply of Rafale replica to Dassault Aviation

A report also said that Dassault Aviation had paid about one million Euros to Defsys Solutions for 50 models of the aircraft which were to be given as 'gifts'.

Rafale Fighter Jets. (Photo | Vinod Kumar T, EPS)

Rafale Fighter Jets. (Photo | Vinod Kumar T, EPS)By PTI​

NEW DELHI: An Indian firm on Tuesday said it supplied 50 replicas of Rafale aircraft to its maker Dassault Aviation, a day after a fresh controversy erupted over the fighter jets' deal following a French media report.

French publication 'Mediapart', citing an investigation by the country's anti-corruption agency, reported that Dassault Aviation had paid about one million Euros to Defsys Solutions for 50 models of the aircraft which were to be given as "gifts".

The media report said the inspectors of the Agence Française Anticorruption (AFA) were given no proof that these models were made.

Defsys Solutions on Tuesday released a statement and tax invoices stating that the allegations were totally unfounded.
"This is in response to wholly unsubstantiated, baseless and misleading claims appearing in certain sections of the media, insinuating that Defsys never supplied 50 replica models of Rafale aircraft," the company said in a statement.

It said 50 replica models of Rafale aircraft were delivered to Dassault Aviation based on a purchase order received from the defence major.

"Delivery challans, E-way bills and GST returns related to such delivery have been duly filed with the relevant authorities," the company said.

In its report, Mediapart said: "Dassault group was unable to provide the AFA with a single document showing that these models existed and were delivered, and not even a photograph. The inspectors thus suspected that this was a bogus purchase designed to hide hidden financial transactions".

The NDA government had signed a Rs 59,000-crore deal on September 23, 2016 to procure 36 Rafale jets from French aerospace major Dassault Aviation after a nearly seven-year exercise to procure 126 Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) for the Indian Air Force did not fructify during the UPA regime.

Prior to the Lok Sabha elections in 2019, the Congress raised several questions about the deal, including on rates of the aircraft, and alleged corruption but the government rejected all the charges.

Reactions: Killbot
LOL, dont say that to biggest Anil Ambani Fanboy here, @randomradio

Yeesh, I don't even know how he got pulled into this now.

There is no controversy. There is no middleman either. It's just a contract for manufacturing models that were gifted to Rafale customers. It's just a coincidence that the middleman who was contracted is connected to the Gandhi family and the Agusta scandal. So it's because of the Gandhi family that this controversy started in the first place. That Tweet is actually funny if you think about it. Brings up the Agusta scandal into the media again.

And I'm not an Anil Ambani fanboy, rather you are part of his hate club. To me, the only thing of importance he's done is put his fingers into two most strategic sectors, shipbuilding and aircraft production. And he possesses the most advanced production technologies for both. The shipyard is amongst the most advanced in the world, and Dassault is obviously bringing in the most advanced aircraft production tech to DRAL. All I care about is if he loses control of both, they should pass on to another Indian private company instead of HAL, MDL or foreign powers. There's a risk of HAL or Dassault taking over DRAL completely. And similarly the shipyard could go over to the Russians or MDL. If he could retain control of both, then that's the least risky proposition. That's all I care about when it comes to Anil. Everything else about him, I don't really care. He had the foresight to buy two winning horses, but is unable to feed and train them properly. Wish it was someone else, but if wishes were horses, then even beggars would ride.

There is no controversy. There is no middleman either. It's just a contract for manufacturing models that were gifted to Rafale customers. It's just a coincidence that the middleman who was contracted is connected to the Gandhi family and the Agusta scandal. So it's because of the Gandhi family that this controversy started in the first place. That Tweet is actually funny if you think about it. Brings up the Agusta scandal into the media again.

And I'm not an Anil Ambani fanboy, rather you are part of his hate club. To me, the only thing of importance he's done is put his fingers into two most strategic sectors, shipbuilding and aircraft production. And he possesses the most advanced production technologies for both. The shipyard is amongst the most advanced in the world, and Dassault is obviously bringing in the most advanced aircraft production tech to DRAL. All I care about is if he loses control of both, they should pass on to another Indian private company instead of HAL, MDL or foreign powers. There's a risk of HAL or Dassault taking over DRAL completely. And similarly the shipyard could go over to the Russians or MDL. If he could retain control of both, then that's the least risky proposition. That's all I care about when it comes to Anil. Everything else about him, I don't really care. He had the foresight to buy two winning horses, but is unable to feed and train them properly. Wish it was someone else, but if wishes were horses, then even beggars would ride.

He should sell DRAL and his Shipyard
To Mukesh Ambani

His creditors are already breathing down his neck

He should sell DRAL and his Shipyard
To Mukesh Ambani

His creditors are already breathing down his neck

The shipyard is out of his hands now. As for DRAL, he will do that only if he's pushed to the edge. But the fact is DRAL will be our only business jet producer for quite sometime, I don't think Anil will give it up until the very end. It's a company that will provide guaranteed business for decades.

But the issue is Dassault wants to become the 100% owner of DRAL under new FDI rules, and that's the biggest risk. It's more than likely that if Anil loses control, Dassault will take over without giving anyone else the opportunity to own the majority stake in it. So it's in our interest that no such risk is taken.

Anyway the current investment in DRAL is peanuts, it won't help him reduce his debt. It's a company that will take quite some time to make money. Which is actually why I think Anil will be able to keep DRAL.

I find building 50 scaled models for a million euro's a bit strange... We had scaled models of mig21 and MKI that HAL would give to every employee, for free, they were sold in gift shops for I think anywhere between 100 bucks back when 21 were in production and 500 bucks later for MKI's these were just desk models. I am quite keen to see these 20,000 Euro (17.71 Lakh Rs) scaled models, these bitches better fly like Rafales too.
And I'm not an Anil Ambani fanboy, rather you are part of his hate club. To me, the only thing of importance he's done is put his fingers into two most strategic sectors, shipbuilding and aircraft production. And he possesses the most advanced production technologies for both.
really? Name a few of these technologies that he possesses.

The shipyard is amongst the most advanced in the world, and Dassault is obviously bringing in the most advanced aircraft production tech to DRAL. All I care about is if he loses control of both, they should pass on to another Indian private company instead of HAL, MDL or foreign powers. There's a risk of HAL or Dassault taking over DRAL completely. And similarly the shipyard could go over to the Russians or MDL. If he could retain control of both, then that's the least risky proposition. That's all I care about when it comes to Anil. Everything else about him, I don't really care. He had the foresight to buy two winning horses, but is unable to feed and train them properly. Wish it was someone else, but if wishes were horses, then even beggars would ride.
Feel free to post Pipavav's developments in it's own thread...

Last edited:
Reactions: STEPHEN COHEN
I find building 50 scaled models for a million euro's a bit strange... We had scaled models of mig21 and MKI that HAL would give to every employee, for free, they were sold in gift shops for I think anywhere between 100 bucks back when 21 were in production and 500 bucks later for MKI's these were just desk models. I am quite keen to see these 20,000 Euro (17.71 Lakh Rs) scaled models, these bitches better fly like Rafales too.

I'm gonna stick to the Rafale. These models are much larger than desk models from what I've heard. Can't dismiss 1:1 scale models for air shows as well.

I am sure Dassault executives have a personal understanding with Gupta

This 1 million Euros will be spent on
Hospitality and Entertainment for Dassault executives , when they are in India for long periods

After all Men have their needs 🤣

I am sure Dassault executives have a personal understanding with Gupta

This 1 million Euros will be spent on
Hospitality and Entertainment for Dassault executives , when they are in India for long periods

After all Men have their needs 🤣
And why can't Dassult employees just use their P-cards for their entertainment like everyone else on the planet?

Reactions: Bon Plan
I'm gonna stick to the Rafale. These models are much larger than desk models from what I've heard. Can't dismiss 1:1 scale models for air shows as well.
1:1 scaled models for RM's office? yikes. As I said for close to 18 lakhs a pop, these models better fly.

And why can't Dassult employees just use their P-cards for their entertainment like everyone else on the planet?

Because the Money Trail will cause problems

If a client is hosting and entertaining his guests , ie Gupta in this case
Why will Dassault auditors raise an objection

Gupta does not mind going to jail

He can bribe anybody 🤣