Rafale DH/EH of Indian Air Force : News and Discussions

Hammer was used in Lybia against Kadhafi army (it destroyed a jet on the ground, and a lot of tanks and artillery), Syria, and more than probably when a secret strike hit a turkish air base in Lybia this summer.

I see Hammer in IAF as an urgent stop gap, waiting for SPICE integration in 2022. Probably in small quantity.
But it offers more versatility than a classical glide bomb, so I think IAF will appreciate it

• Informative
Reactions: Bon Plan
I see Hammer in IAF as an urgent stop gap, waiting for SPICE integration in 2022. Probably in small quantity.
But it offers more versatility than a classical glide bomb, so I think IAF will appreciate it.

Definitely. It's something the IAF should have considered from day 1. I'm pretty sure the IAF cheaped out on French weapons when the deal was first signed. But then it's always an option to buy weapons later, since the contract to delivery cycle is shorter.

So why asking to integrate SPICE on Rafale when Hammer was already fitted and war proven ?
If i am not wrong, IAF doesn't have an intention to purchase hammers, they always wanted spice for Rafale. Since it takes time to integrate and Chinese invasion has happened, hammer was purchased as a contingency plan.
Why IAF wants spice, because we have petty decent inventory of spice and they want spice to compatible with all available platform.

So why asking to integrate SPICE on Rafale when Hammer was already fitted and war proven ?
Because we are using it since several years quite satisfactorily from multiple platforms in our inventory, is cheaper, reliable and can be produced locally. there is no point integrating new weapons on legacy platforms

I bet he is not a fighter pilot and have no war expertise.

He is illustrating the Role which will be played by Stand Off Munitions

Obviously we cannot use only long range Stand off weapons

We also have to stock up with LGBs and Dumb bombs

But in a limited skirmish , it is the SPICE and Hammers that will do the job along with our own Desi Glide bombs

Reactions: Killbot
He is illustrating the Role which will be played by Stand Off Munitions

Obviously we cannot use only long range Stand off weapons

We also have to stock up with LGBs and Dumb bombs

But in a limited skirmish , it is the SPICE and Hammers that will do the job along with our own Desi Glide bombs
Those who are used to get high on Cocaine of Overconfidence are bound to get the rude awakening of 27Feb19 and the humiliation of getting beaten by AF of a Universal Beggar Nation.
War is not as simple as posting on Twitter. Even pakiees have multiple Standoff weapons and PGMs that doesn't mean IAF will dismantle IAF its Forward Bases and Airfields.

Those who are used to get high on Cocaine of Overconfidence are bound to get the rude awakening of 27Feb19 and the humiliation of getting beaten by AF of a Universal Beggar Nation.
War is not as simple as posting on Twitter. Even pakiees have multiple Standoff weapons and PGMs that doesn't mean IAF will dismantle IAF its Forward Bases and Airfields.

That is right

It is about Making the enemy suffer far more serious losses than us

How much will China Replenish and Reimburse the Pakistani losses

And Feb 26 -- 27 was a very necessary and important event

Otherwise we would still be Blissfully
Unaware of our weaknesses

Pakistan has NOT shown any WILL or
Ability to escalate after Feb 27

And we are steadily enhancing our War waging capabilities

Just a fan boy, years back i have seen few such indian members in a foreign defense forum boasting about s400 induction with IAF. Its pity that people still believes s400 wil wipe out PAF by siting inside our border.

Reactions: Killbot
This is less serious than using nuclear weapons. :giggle:
So you want to restart countries start targeting civilian platforms, just like how you people targeted civilian cargo ships & ocean liners during WWII?

U means axis & allied powers
That is right

It is about Making the enemy suffer far more serious losses than us

How much will China Replenish and Reimburse the Pakistani losses

And Feb 26 -- 27 was a very necessary and important event

Otherwise we would still be Blissfully
Unaware of our weaknesses

Pakistan has NOT shown any WILL or
Ability to escalate after Feb 27

And we are steadily enhancing our War waging capabilities
Neither we too.

If i am not wrong, IAF doesn't have an intention to purchase hammers, they always wanted spice for Rafale. Since it takes time to integrate and Chinese invasion has happened, hammer was purchased as a contingency plan.

Definitely. It's something the IAF should have considered from day 1.
I believe to the contrary that the IAF was interested by the HAMMER (and by the TALIOS pod), but they were not included in the original contract so as to reduce its cost. Why option these equipment if they did not consider using them or weren't interested?
The IAF has chosen for the moment to integrate the Israeli Litening pod on the Rafale for sensor commonality across platforms (it ordered 164 last year for its Su-30s and MiG-29s). Livefist can confirm, however, that the IAF has ‘optioned’ the TALIOS pod (which replaces the obsolete in-service Thales Damocles pod) for a possible future integration.
The IAF has similarly optioned the Sagem AASM Hammer system for a possible decision once Rafale deliveries begin, though it will hit the ground running with Israeli Spice guidance kits to begin with.

I believe to the contrary that the IAF was interested by the HAMMER (and by the TALIOS pod), but they were not included in the original contract so as to reduce its cost. Why option these equipment if they did not consider using them or weren't interested?

Yep, it was always optioned. But what I meant was the Hammer should have been bought when the contract was signed instead of waiting for the Chinese to act up. If things had gone really south then, we would not have had the Hammer when it was really needed.

Had already mentioned it:
Anyway, not going for Hammer was in order to reduce the total cost of the contract, it was a politically sensitive matter. A new contract could always be signed later on for ammo, which is likely happening right now, possibly earlier than planned because of China.

Genuine query. Does Pakistan has adequate defences to counter Brahmos , SCALP and other PGM attacks on its forward airbases? How they are going to counter salvo of Brahmos launched from MKI within Indian airspace?

How they are going to counter salvo of Brahmos launched from MKI within Indian airspace?

Repairing the landing strip. Getting a base down is not as simple as lobbing a few missiles and base goes out. They will repair it within 24 hours. Maybe even 12 hours and be up and running. Unless you take out the planes, you cannot take out a base.

Repairing the landing strip. Getting a base down is not as simple as lobbing a few missiles and base goes out. They will repair it within 24 hours. Maybe even 12 hours and be up and running. Unless you take out the planes, you cannot take out a base.
There was a solution : The french Durandal anti runaway weapon, and after that the APACHE anti runaway missile : they each dropped sub munition under the runaway with a fuzzy logic explosion time. You can't repare the runaway because one of the numerous sub munitions may explode at every moment.

France inked the delete of submunition international deal, so we scratched these kind of weapons from our arsenal.

Genuine query. Does Pakistan has adequate defences to counter Brahmos , SCALP and other PGM attacks on its forward airbases? How they are going to counter salvo of Brahmos launched from MKI within Indian airspace?
Certainly not but then they can always repeat 65(Overwhelming Preemptive Attack ) raid using own standoff weapons and CMs to obliterate IAFs capability to mount any meaningful counter attack. And then there in "Atom Bomb" to tackle everything else later.
they cant even detect fully armed M2000 let alone CMs and BMs.

• Agree
Reactions: Hydra
There was a solution : The french Durandal anti runaway weapon, and after that the APACHE anti runaway missile : they each dropped sub munition under the runaway with a fuzzy logic explosion time. You can't repare the runaway because one of the numerous sub munitions may explode at every moment.

France inked the delete of submunition international deal, so we scratched these kind of weapons from our arsenal.
You sold that weapons to PAF.