Rafale DH/EH of Indian Air Force : News and Discussions

Congress is composed of morons, Loss of interests by lack of payments from Airforce/MoD to HAL was a daylight roberry of tax payers and Shareholders of HAL, which Congress failed to raise and get a Supreme court or even a SEBI inquiry into.
What will 30 Rafale do which 250 SU-30 Could not?

Fire BVR missiles instead of having to hang back far enough to stay out of the reach of Pakistan's own BVR missiles.

What's interesting is they probably used their best pilots for the job and still showed poor BVR discipline even after having had superior missiles for the last 10 years.

• Agree
Reactions: suryakiran
No..Mahaan..Maha Shakti..Shoopah Pawah..Shoppah Rich Bharat.. Got defeated by a country 1/7th of the size and a military who has 1/5th the budget.

Mate, your jihadi madrassa that used to teach young men to blow themselves up is now teaching school children. If that's what you call defeat, then you are more than welcome to defeat us many, many more times.

Indian rafales are coming with low band jammers. Whats the advantage of low band jammer? Whats the origin of these jammers, Israeli or french? Will it be a poded version as carried under weapons station by growler or will it be an augmented spectra? Can any senior member clearify. One thing is for sure iaf wants rafale to do a future balakot as depicted from the need for towed decoys and jammers. It will take over the role from mirages 2k. If not for shabby defence procurements and quagmire ridden mmrca deal we would have been atleast be flying few squadrons of rafale.

Indian rafales are coming with low band jammers. Whats the advantage of low band jammer?
Stealth planes, can be seen with a combination tech using low band radars, would make sense to block such devices from coming to know your presence by jamming if need arises.

Last edited:
I understand on that fateful day Su30mki didn't have permission to engage, But the real question is could they get a firing solution with R-77, I am hearing unconfirmed reports like lack of firing clearance from the missile system.
And as you said "
their favour is a very slight edge they have in BVR because their missile outranges the R-77 by 15Km and is an overall more reliable missile"
Then in that case - Whats your take on R-37M for Su30mki, since Astra2 will take some time to develop, test & procured in mass

From a Article "R-37M can also be very effective air to air missile system against fighter jets and according to Russian officials, it can engage a Stealthy F-35 at 190 km which outperforms any US air to air missile in terms of both range and speed. R-37 was super exclusive only to MiG-31 interceptors but with the development of new upgraded R-37M, Russia is now exploring their integration into Su-30SM which Russian air force operates along with Su-35 and Su-57 which for the first time, opens up a rare opportunity for the Indian Sukhoi-30MKI which clearly lacks a modern long range air to air missile"

I would have preferred if the discussion was in India-Pak page & not Rafale tread & if Mods could move both Rathore/Random & mine discussion in that thread, but I need to continue discussion on topic, where @randomradio left hence my post here

Far better to get R-77-1 or even better K-77M.
But its not really an emergency.Range is approx same for both missiles.AIM-120 is a bit more reliable.R-77 is not battle tested.If Pakistanis want to waste missiles by blind firing at max range thats their poor training telling.Plus there is question of ROE whether you shoot at targets accross the loc.With the elta jammer aim-120 can't do anything at long range.The israelis have the amraam for long ,as do some of their technically advanced adversaries and the elta jammer is designed to beat it.Chinese electronics on sd-10 stands even less of a chance.We will see how new rumored chinese missile performs.

Last edited:
Low band radars? Or u meant low band jammers. Is their any examples of low band jammers. From what i have found in net growlers carry low band jammers but iam not sure about it. Iam confounded cause it is mentioned in ISE that it includes low band jammers and improvements of spectra. Now my querry is that a low band jammer is a part of spectra ew or will be a separate poded instrument?
Stealth planes, can be seen with a combination tech using low band radars, would make sense to block such devices from coming to know your presence by jamming if need arises.

This is potentially serious. Further down the thread, Yusuf clarifies that there is a great deal of similarity between the Indian and Qatari Rafales.

Complete and total hoax. Never believe anything about the Rafale that Jon Lake wrote. Again, think: why would Qatar pay to train exchange officers?

What's interesting is they probably used their best pilots for the job and still showed poor BVR discipline even after having had superior missiles for the last 10 years.
It's not necessarily poor discipline. You don't necessarily use weapons to kill the enemy, you can also use them to control where the enemy can go. This is the concept behind suppressive fire. So here the PAF spent a few missiles to prevent the Su-30MKI from getting close enough to threaten them. If the MiG-21 did not jump out from below the mountain ridgeline, the PAF strike team would have been free to do whatever they wanted because they were successfully deterring the Sukhoi from interception.

Complete and total hoax. Never believe anything about the Rafale that Jon Lake wrote. Again, think: why would Qatar pay to train exchange officers?

Just trying to understand the line in the article "Pakistani exchange officers" - this is called a fake now - but this article was posted in feb - why not call it a fake then?

Still this is the same wrt to the UAEAF - where its calmed that most Frames are flown by Pakistani pilots - which is false as they were at a time just instructors , now they are emirati instructors