Pakistan test-fires naval cruise missile ‘Harba’

Ginvincible

Dec 5, 2017
Ohio
Pakistan test-fires naval cruise missile ‘Harba’
"The missile is capable of hitting its target from surface to surface and ground assault," the Pakistan Navy said in a statement.

1515000594654.png

Naval Chief Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi witnessed the test launch. (Representational photo)

The Pakistan Navy on Wednesday said it successfully test-fired the indigenously developed ‘Harba’ naval cruise missile after launching it from a newly commissioned fast attack vessel.

“The missile is capable of hitting its target from surface to surface and ground assault,” the Pakistan Navy said in a statement.

The indigenously-built missile was launched from PNS Himmat and it successfully hit the target, it said.

“The missile accurately hit its target signifying the impressive capabilities of Harbah Naval Weapon System,” said the statement.

“The successful live weapon firing has once again demonstrated the credible firepower of Pakistan Navy and the impeccable level of indigenisation in high tech weaponry achieved by Pakistan’s defence industry,” it said.

Naval Chief Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi witnessed the test launch.

Speaking on the occasion, he said the Pakistan Navy will ensure defence of the country’s shores and interests.

Further details like the exaction location of the launch and other features of the missile were not disclosed by the navy.

Source: The Indian Express
By: PTI | Islamabad | Published: January 3, 2018 9:35 pm

Here is the video~

• Informative
Reactions: Dagger
Edit: The 'drone like thing' was a ship seen in the water from above- so it's not a sea to air. But my question remains valid- why would use an easily interceptable sub-sonic missile as an anti-ship missile?

@markhoor , now when I relook at the video I do see something odd. Towards the end it actually hits another drone like thing and explodes. That is definitely not the role for a subsonic cruise missile.

a) an interceptor/ SAM has to be a suersonic missile with more conventional design- the cruise airframe is usually VERY inefficient for this. too slow to both fly and react
b) I thought this was a sea to land attack aircraft- a babur bolted on to a ship will not be ideal but would probably do the job

This launch looks very very weird man, what the hell are your guys doing?

@Ashwin do you see what I see?

Last edited:
quite surprising that first test for a missile is not conducted from ground but mounted straight on a launcher on a commissioned active ship.

Even before validation trials, user trials begin.

quite surprising that first test for a missile is not conducted from ground but mounted straight on a launcher on a commissioned active ship.

Even before validation trials, user trials begin.
What is also to be noted is NO mention of the Range!!

actually in 2018, from very first day, after Trump tweet, Qomm ka moral down tha, to usko boost karney kea liye two new episode launch kiye hain ISPR nea .

1. Kulbhushan fake video
2. fake missile test.

actually in 2018, from very first day, after Trump tweet, Qomm ka moral down tha, to usko boost karney kea liye two new episode launch kiye hain ISPR nea .

1. Kulbhushan fake video
2. fake missile test.
The test was to warn Trump of Quwwat ul Islam atomi taaqat Pakistan .
Damn ! @Guynextdoor

I can troll better than you , were I to choose your way out here.

Reactions: Aditya