Pakistan Navy: News & Discussions

aditya g

May 11, 2020
NA
Not necessarily using their own funds.

Which ones?

The Navy lacks ships in MCM and LPD/LHD types. On Submarine front we are OK for now but new orders are necessary - I don't expect either Projects 75A or 75I to yield orders for next 2-3 years at least.

We are quite well placed from surface warfare as well as ASW perspective (P-8I, MH-24R, ASWSWC) at this stage. We are also building up a good breath of auxiliaries.

randomradio

Nov 30, 2017
India
The Navy lacks ships in MCM and LPD/LHD types. On Submarine front we are OK for now but new orders are necessary - I don't expect either Projects 75A or 75I to yield orders for next 2-3 years at least.

We are quite well placed from surface warfare as well as ASW perspective (P-8I, MH-24R, ASWSWC) at this stage. We are also building up a good breath of auxiliaries.

We need the LHD for the future, but yeah, the MCMVs are of utmost importance right now.

We should have done with the Koreans what we did with the French and Rafale. We could have easily bought 4 ships through the emergency purchase route.

But it increasingly looks like we will lease Korean vessels in some sort of a package deal that will include K9 Thunders.

Reactions: Chain Smoker

randomradio

Nov 30, 2017
India
Borrowed gun or own gun, kill the same way.
Don't worry about the source.

You should, because there are limits to the kind of technologies that can be imported for what's supposed to be a frontline warship against an adversary equipped with technologies that can defeat the capabilities going on this ship.

But for us, the bigger worry is the extent of funding coming from foreign sources and the need to block those sources.

Reactions: Chain Smoker

safriz

Jan 1, 2018
UK, Pakistan
You should, because there are limits to the kind of technologies that can be imported for what's supposed to be a frontline warship against an adversary equipped with technologies that can defeat the capabilities going on this ship.

But for us, the bigger worry is the extent of funding coming from foreign sources and the need to block those sources.
Nerender Modi has successfully made India the scare crow for China and Pakistan reaping benefits.
Thankyou modi