Indian Electronics Manufacturing Developments : News, Updates and Discussions

Just google the list of chips used in iPhone. Most of them are not made in China. But see how smartly this fact is twisted in the video.
The video is talking about iPhone supply chain not specific to semiconductors.

65724ABC-807E-4A22-8B0F-D7E660EFEACD.png

Reactions: SammyBoi
The video is talking about iPhone supply chain not specific to semiconductors.

View attachment 26216
😂. What goes into iPhone ? Of course there are other components like glass, outer packaging, camera etc. But the major components are the chips and they are the part of the supply chain. Point is parts are made all over the world and then assembled in China. China certainly has some advantages, but is it as much as this video shows? Apart from that is a company like Apple that stupid that they decided to move production to India without considering all possible points??
Videos like this should be taken with a handful of salt.

Japan's Fuji Electric to expand India ops, invest $50mn, export made-in-India hardware​

The company is also looking at generating a total of Rs.1500cr in annual revenue in India by 2025. For financial year 2022-23, the officials revealed that their firm has already surpassed Rs.1000cr.

Reactions: _Anonymous_

Devil's deal. It's not for nothing that the Taiwanese are the most hated employers across the world especially in mainlay China.

Far better than digging holes under the sun under NREGA . Requires more physical activity . Dont see any problem with 48hrs per week . It means if one toil for 4 days in a week , then ll get 3 days of holidays or overtime pay . Also i know a bit about bonded labor in indian scenario . You have no idea due to lack of formal job wht they face . There are cases of hands being chopped , and all other kinds of exploitations . A miniscule such cases gets reported or law is applied . Its a dark hole , we civilized people dnt know or tend to pretend it does nt happen .

Far better than digging holes under the sun under NREGA .Requires more physical activity .

I think the demographics which dig ditches isn't the same which work these factories. I believe the main minimum qualification for such workers is SSC or HSC . Besides I also believe most if not all these workers are females.

Dont see any problem with 48hrs per week . It means if one toil for 4 days in a week , then ll get 3 days of holidays or overtime pay .

Logically what you say is true regarding the working hours but if you go thru the thread you'd realise it's not as simple as that .

Also i know a bit about bonded labor in indian scenario . You have no idea due to lack of formal job wht they face . There are cases of hands being chopped , and all other kinds of exploitations . A miniscule such cases gets reported or law is applied . Its a dark hole , we civilized people dnt know or tend to pretend it does nt happen .

What're you talking about ? While bonded labour does exist , it's a declining trend . Besides do you seriously believe cutting off people's limbs in this day & age will go unreported in 24x7 media especially SM .

I think the demographics which dig ditches isn't the same which work these factories. I believe the main minimum qualification for such workers is SSC or HSC . Besides I also believe most if not all these workers are females.

Logically what you say is true regarding the working hours but if you go thru the thread you'd realise it's not as simple as that .

What're you talking about ? While bonded labour does exist , it's a declining trend . Besides do you seriously believe cutting off people's limbs in this day & age will go unreported in 24x7 media especially SM .

- nrega does nt register education . But large number of those have good qualification . This is because lack of qualified or skilled job in india .

- More than 50% of those in nrega are women

- Any one who read odia newspaper , ask them what is " dadana" . Such news usually comes in regional newspaper . Recently seen one . Usual places of such kind of exploitations are brickkilns . Besides you shd do some searching on condition of indian workers in middle east .

- nrega does nt register education . But large number of those have good qualification . This is because lack of qualified or skilled job in india .

Good qualification but qualifications aren't captured doesn't cut it. Besides those working in Odisha or Bihar don't exactly qualify for such jobs in TN or the upcoming ones in TLG or Karnataka.

Besides, what's new? MNREGA is a poor substitute, but something's better than nothing. Apart from that, for assembling purposes you don't exactly require to be highly qualified or even qualified. Most of the jobworking in such factories is a boring routine.

- More than 50% of those in nrega are women

- Any one who read odia newspaper , ask them what is " dadana" . Such news usually comes in regional newspaper . Recently seen one . Usual places of such kind of exploitations are brickkilns .

Every state has it's share of bonded labourers which I remarked is also a declining trend . Some more than the others. I was referring to sensationalist stuff about cutting off ones limbs that you posted.

Besides you shd do some searching on condition of indian workers in middle east .

Worked there myself. The wages are definitely much more than what a similar job they worked would provide in India . The working hours similar to what Foxconn's proposing. Safety issues better than India but not world class as per the Gulf's own standards. Housing standards would be at par or below Foxconn's which in China had attached residential campuses.

Good qualification but qualifications aren't captured doesn't cut it. Besides those working in Odisha or Bihar don't exactly qualify for such jobs in TN or the upcoming ones in TLG or Karnataka.

Besides, what's new? MNREGA is a poor substitute, but something's better than nothing. Apart from that, for assembling purposes you don't exactly require to be highly qualified or even qualified. Most of the jobworking in such factories is a boring routine.

Every state has it's share of bonded labourers which I remarked is also a declining trend . Some more than the others. I was referring to sensationalist stuff about cutting off ones limbs that you posted.

Worked there myself. The wages are definitely much more than what a similar job they worked would provide in India . The working hours similar to what Foxconn's proposing. Safety issues better than India but not world class as per the Gulf's own standards. Housing standards would be at par or below Foxconn's which in China had attached residential campuses.

I was talking abt semi skilled low paying job in middle east , which constitute most of the job . The deaths of workers engaged in qatar world cup preparation is well known

Regarding assembly job being boring , it might be . NREGA provides great opportunities for nature lovers to work under the sun in open pastures , among trees etc . And may be write some poems in between .

I was not sensationalizing regarding dadan issue . There are many incidents related to that . And that has become hot topic time and again in state . National media got no chill from panjab , delhi , cashmir , bollywood , debates on ideologies etc .

Anyway The point i was making is job under corporate formal market under indian jurisdiction , which we lack considerably far better than what we have now .

I was talking abt semi skilled low paying job in middle east , which constitute most of the job . The deaths of workers engaged in qatar world cup preparation is well known

Yes & similar statistics on Indian labourers working in the construction industry in India is missing. So what are you going to compare them to ?

Regarding assembly job being boring , it might be . NREGA provides great opportunities for nature lovers to work under the sun in open pastures , among trees etc . And may be write some poems in between .

Yup. They can even write flowery prose if they're educated enough.

I was not sensationalizing regarding dadan issue . There are many incidents related to that . And that has become hot topic time and again in state . National media got no chill from panjab , delhi , cashmir , bollywood , debates on ideologies etc .

Frankly I've yet to see the connection between Foxconn & bonded labor however oppressive the latter is. I mean what's your larger point? That slaving it out in factories is better than being a bonded labourer or digging ditches under MNREGA? Did you see me contesting this no brainer?

Anyway The point i was making is job under corporate formal market under indian jurisdiction , which we lack considerably far better than what we have now .

We need to create jobs. Period. How lucrative they are & other issues can be decided with time.

Reactions: Bali78