Indian Army ordered Kalyani M4 & Mahindra LSV Vehicles

Apparently fully armoured variant of LSV is call LBPV

images

Reactions: SammyBoi and Gautam
When are we going to see large orders?
Like in 1000s .. Or atleast in 100 s.

Even I am losing hope.. How ll it be for the company to invest their money and effort s.
Good question. It was supposed to happen this year - 2022. But looks like it's been postponed by a few years .

• Haha
Reactions: Innominate
When are we going to see large orders?
Like in 1000s .. Or atleast in 100 s.

Even I am losing hope.. How ll it be for the company to invest their money and effort s.
The Army order will come when it comes but CAPFs surely needs these types of purchases in large numbers.

For example ITBP has been for years trying to get it's rotary aviation, but has not been able to do so. ITBP even officially suggested to cabinet that if it had rotary platforms and UAVs the incident along LAC might have been stopped much before.

But the problem is that CAPF is segmented. Unlike other standard nations , we have different forces , doing the same duty. This means that if capital budget for whole CAPF is 100 for a given year, it gets divided into 20 for 5 each. Now 20 is a amount too small to acquire a new capital platform.

But say like the west, we had a single unitary National Guard. It had 3 components, a Border Guard, a Internal Security Guards and Air Nation Guard.

Then that entity would have been able to procure large amount of capital items.

10 lakh+ standing force will surely need an airwing of 150+ helicopters, 2000+ APCs and other light weapons. It would be easy.

But we follow a faulty system which we consider right , different forces for different borders.

• Informative
Reactions: Sathya
Am I missing something here? From the looks of it, the M4 and the QRFV fulfill the same role. Why order both platforms and complicate logistics at forward bases?