George Floyd death: Widespread unrest as curfews defied across US

They're now protesting in France over this too. In the same way that The Netherlands banned Turkish election campaigning, these protests should also be banned in Europe because they are nothing to do with European countries, or any country besides the US.

They're now protesting in France over this too. In the same way that The Netherlands banned Turkish election campaigning, these protests should also be banned in Europe because they are nothing to do with European countries, or any country besides the US.

What's preventing the UK from banning it?

What's preventing the UK from banning it?
Just political correctness really. If you ban an anti-racism protest, certain newspapers would portray it as a pro-racism move, when in fact it's just a 'this has nothing to do with this country' and a 'you're mostly vandals in disguise anyway' move.

Just political correctness really. If you ban an anti-racism protest, certain newspapers would portray it as a pro-racism move, when in fact it's just a 'this has nothing to do with this country' and a 'you're mostly vandals in disguise anyway' move.

Do you think these protests will have an effect in bolstering conservative support in the UK? Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think that the issues of police brutality on minorities is as bad in the UK as it is in the US.

Do you think these protests will have an effect in bolstering conservative support in the UK? Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think that the issues of police brutality on minorities is as bad in the UK as it is in the US.
The UK police have their own problems, like the fact they're highly dishonest and completely lack any integrity whatsoever. Racism has been an issue with the police in the past but in this particular case is nothing to do with the UK and is just been used an excuse to try and destroy statues, which the police stood by and let happen because they're ultimately cowards who are incapable of dealing with odds that aren't stacked at least 6:1 in their favour.

It probably won't help Labour, that's for sure.

Reactions: Ginvincible
Having seen war memorials defaced, I kind of miss the days when they would have just rolled on a crowd like this with a Maxim.

Put Blazing Saddles on instead.
Why don't you write to Aunty with this suggestion? I hope you realize all those 1920's & 30's Hollywood movies where whites daubed boot polish over their faces & played stereotypical blacks or mauve to play Indians are all out.

Reactions: jetray
Why don't you write to Aunty with this suggestion? I hope you realize all those 1920's & 30's Hollywood movies where whites daubed boot polish over their faces & played stereotypical blacks or mauve to play Indians are all out.

Black Lies Matter. Yes, it's interesting how a police killing of one black person causes riots across the world but every time an imported terrorist kills several people, nothing at all.