George Floyd death: Widespread unrest as curfews defied across US

Few billion startups? You seem to be a pretty smart guy.
missed the dollar, "billion $". you cant comprehend that?
why should the history matter when the field is saturated with Indians shouldnt they be in the lead?

"Creating companies requires a pretty significant amount of social network among similar cultural groups and with presence of similar people in positions of power. And even then Indians have done remarkably well while dealing across different cultures. "

lol, thats what I mentioned in one of my earlier post. creation of companies requires collaboration, co-operation & significant co-ordination/ organizational skills /understanding to treat everyone in a better manner aka taking every one along with them which Indians severely lack. (The very reason why british were able to rule us). Other communities like jewish excel at this very well.

Thanks for the compliment, I am surprised you dint give me any more lousy useless stats and declare it as anecdotal evidence.

I believe you must be one of those admirers of services companies which practices prostituting ppl for low wages. While westerners are focused towards higher value work focusing on productivity & innovation , we Indians are admiring companies which are bottom crawlers. They are focused on building & creating better organizations & process while using our engineers as canon fodders.

That crappy $70k work will turn our engineers into obedient slaves (like biritish era) and zombies of no value in near future does seem to escape your mind. These kind of cheap rote work will impair innovation, discourage organization skills and stagnate their & companys growth is not felt on you. Did it ever occur to you why those infosys & wipro never get to grow beyond certain point to challenge western software companies/dominate the sector while the chinese succeeded in pulling up theirs?

missed the dollar, "billion $". you cant comprehend that?
why should the history matter when the field is saturated with Indians shouldnt they be in the lead?

"Creating companies requires a pretty significant amount of social network among similar cultural groups and with presence of similar people in positions of power. And even then Indians have done remarkably well while dealing across different cultures. "

lol, thats what I mentioned in one of my earlier post. creation of companies requires collaboration, co-operation & significant co-ordination/ organizational skills /understanding to treat everyone in a better manner aka taking every one along with them which Indians severely lack. (The very reason why british were able to rule us). Other communities like jewish excel at this very well.

Thanks for the compliment, I am surprised you dint give me any more lousy useless stats and declare it as anecdotal evidence.

I believe you must be one of those admirers of services companies which practices prostituting ppl for low wages. While westerners are focused towards higher value work focusing on productivity & innovation , we Indians are admiring companies which are bottom crawlers. They are focused on building & creating better organizations & process while using our engineers as canon fodders.

That crappy $70k work will turn our engineers into obedient slaves (like biritish era) and zombies of no value in near future does seem to escape your mind. These kind of cheap rote work will impair innovation, discourage organization skills and stagnate their & companys growth is not felt on you. Did it ever occur to you why those infosys & wipro never get to grow beyond certain point to challenge western software companies/dominate the sector while the chinese succeeded in pulling up theirs?

Yes, yes, we must shut down our entire IT and ITES industry. 🙄

After watching my city get looted and burned this last week and reading the comments on this thread I wanted to make a post to share my own views on the issue. This really isn't addressed to anybody specifically in this thread but I just wanted to share my own views on why the Black community here in the States is so far behind and maybe provide a bit more context for the BLM movement that is rarely elaborated on.

I agree that many of the issues African-Americans are somewhat self-inflicted. They certainly have a cultural image of promoting drug use and gang culture. For example, BET (Black Entertainment TV station) was/is famous for perpetuating racist stereotypes about Black people and even glorifying the negative aspects of their cultures that keep them down in the first place. Many seem to have lost the sense for family values and thus a disproportionate amount of African-Americans grow up in a single parent household. Most Black folk I've interacted with either have no respect for education or no respect for themselves and so do no pursue better education. There are a lot of internal problems that hold the Black community down.

However, it is an undeniable fact that there is a lot in society going against them. The neighborhoods they live in are basically ones they were corralled into after decades of policies preventing them from integrating with White neighbors. These neighborhoods have poorly funded education systems, and are sub-par at best. I often volunteer with an inner-city education program, and people expected to read and comprehend at an 8th grade level rarely do - not just the kids, the parents too. The water in these neighborhoods is tainted and not pure. The pipes were probably laid down during the 1950s or 60s and were never replaced or maintained properly. The water is basically poisoned. The communities that depend on these pipes are left no choice because constantly buying water or filters is too expensive in the long run. So from a young age they drink tainted water. The food they eat is mostly unhealthy. Fast food is cheap and easy. Who has time/money to work 2+ minimum wage jobs while taking care of kids and also go grocery shopping for healthy food and then prepping meals when you are a single parent? Compound this with poor public transport and a need for car + car insurance (super expensive if you are from an "at risk" community). So from a young age they are also eating food that does not satisfy the nutritional requirements for a growing mind (actually damages/stunts brain development at young ages). This is a recipe for people not developing properly. Poor education, poor nutrition, poor water, gang violence, prevalence of drugs and access to them from young ages, perpetual lack of money because everything is more expensive when you are poor and no spouse/family for support, constant media showing them that is is okay or even glorifying it and so much more.

So how did they get here? They were slaves, we all know that - but why are they in such a hopeless situation? There are plenty. This is where all the cries of systemic racism come into play. One example is because they were treated as second class citizens til the 1960s, most never really had the opportunity to build wealth beyond daily laboring. They were denied loans or given unfairly high interest rates simply based on their skin color and this was perfectly legal for the longest time. The law is also not blind in this country. Black Americans are sentenced more harshly and get more prison time for the same crimes as White Americans. Disproportionate time for the same crime. This is fairly well studied and greatly contributes to the amount of single family households in the Black community. The police themselves are more likely to use force and kill Black Americans which instills in them a huge distrust/hate for authority.

So what do we do? The main thing should be to provide adequate services to them. Ensure that healthy food is accessible to them (or regulate fast food to make it healthier), improve public transport so they can live in cheaper communities and commute to work, fix our pipe infrastructure, properly fund/reform our education system so they are at least meeting national standards, and for the broader public to stop viewing Black Americans as subhuman criminals. These things will result in them joining the ranks with the rest of society in prosperity..... over time. What do we do about the people currently in these situations? Honestly, I don't know. We can definitely address the underlying issues so that Black Americans tomorrow have better opportunities, but what do we do about those today? This is the difficult question nobody has an answer to or really wants to answer.

Last edited:
In 1998 I was staying at a hotel in Belize .
There was a group of Dutch tourists and many Americans in the hotel too.
And there was a black American.
I remember he name , Floyd Jackson.
One of the Dutch girls developed a liking for me and spent much of the time with me.
Due to her being with me, all the whites would talk to me. But literally nobody talked to the one black American.

I started talking to him and found out that he is from Oregon and a doctor.
He owned a mansion in a carraibean island.
He told me about the racism he faced .
He said that in Oregon most of the whites are German descendants and they happened to be the most racist among whites.
According to him if a black person is out and about late in the night in Oregon, he is likely to get killed.
Being a professor doctor, he owned a big house, a good car and a yacht.
He was stopped many times by police who simply asked , how come a black guy is driving such a nice car.
His yarcht was attacked and burnt by white supremacists while he was sleeping there. It was attempted murder as the attackers made a hole in the boat and tried to kill him by drowning.
He reported to police but the police put the blame on him by saying how he could afford a yacht being a black guy?

Based on those memories, I am happy to see the black people finally rising against the oppression they been facing for generations.

Reactions: Deathstar
One of the Dutch girls developed a liking for me and spent much of the time with me.
Due to her being with me, all the whites would talk to me. But literally nobody talked to the one black American.

He said that in Oregon most of the whites are German descendants and they happened to be the most racist among whites.
According to him if a black person is out and about late in the night in Oregon, he is likely to get killed.
He was stopped many times by police who simply asked , how come a black guy is driving such a nice car.
His yarcht was attacked and burnt by white supremacists while he was sleeping there. It was attempted murder as the attackers made a hole in the boat and tried to kill him by drowning.
He reported to police but the police put the blame on him by saying how he could afford a yacht being a black guy?

Based on those memories, I am happy to see the black people finally rising against the oppression they been facing for generations.
So did the Dutch girl end up in a hijab or not considering this piece above was as much about you & her as about the black American doc & what prevented you from extending the Daw'ah to him as opposed to her?

One interesting thing I have found is that Germans and German descent whites, this also includes Scandinavians are the most racist whites and still believe they are some Aryan race and other shit. The most racist part of America is middle America and majority of them are German descent. Even Trump is of German descent. A lot of them have this faux superiority and treat people.of colour in a patronising tone and look down on them. This is one of the reasons they have such lax immigrant policies so that they can have cheap labour in the name of muh superior race sadly it has back fired on most of them.

Reactions: BlackOpsIndia

Good. Today I saw my friend Gandalf al gaddafi in his tripoli mantion. He talked about you too. Lolwa

• Haha
Reactions: Nikhil
One interesting thing I have found is that Germans and German descent whites, this also includes Scandinavians are the most racist whites and still believe they are some Aryan race and other shit. The most racist part of America is middle America and majority of them are German descent. Even Trump is of German descent. A lot of them have this faux superiority and treat people.of colour in a patronising tone and look down on them. This is one of the reasons they have such lax immigrant policies so that they can have cheap labour in the name of muh superior race sadly it has back fired on most of them.
Likewise USA has a very relaxed immigration policy for Nordic countries, so that they can get more pure whites.
I used to live in (wait for it) Lulea in Swedish Lapland.
Everyone who had a degree or even a diploma would easily immigrate to USA.
I loved it there as the little village I lived in was very friendly. Plus our posh British accent also helped 😅.
But now and again I would face racist shouts, to which I always shouted back . Always have.

One interesting thing I have found is that Germans and German descent whites, this also includes Scandinavians are the most racist whites and still believe they are some Aryan race and other shit.
US is nothing take a look at South american countries like argentina, paraguay ...they are filled with nazi scums who escaped from europe and still maintain the same attitude.

Likewise USA has a very relaxed immigration policy for Nordic countries, so that they can get more pure whites.
US has a au pair program, it is nothing but a thinly veiled racist program to invite fellow whites. Once they get into US they marry some one else and become citizen. Rest of the world will have to crawl to get a tourist visa if they want to visit.

Reactions: safriz
US has a au pair program, it is nothing but a thinly veiled racist program to invite fellow whites. Once they get into US they marry some one else and become citizen. Rest of the world will have to crawl to get a tourist visa if they want to visit.

Didn't know about that visa program.
Probably Swedish youth use that option.
My upstairs neighbor in Sweden were a single father and his son.
The dad was retired Swedish military, the son was good for nothing spoiled brat.
Even he went to USA.
From what I have seen and heard is that whites immigrating to USA get far better acceptance and opportunities than any person of colour.
Nobody calls a white, Swedish American or English American. They are just American.
But coloured people are African Americans, Indian Americans and such.

Reactions: Deathstar
After watching my city get looted and burned this last week and reading the comments on this thread I wanted to make a post to share my own views on the issue. This really isn't addressed to anybody specifically in this thread but I just wanted to share my own views on why the Black community here in the States is so far behind and maybe provide a bit more context for the BLM movement that is rarely elaborated on.

I agree that many of the issues African-Americans are somewhat self-inflicted. They certainly have a cultural image of promoting drug use and gang culture. For example, BET (Black Entertainment TV station) was/is famous for perpetuating racist stereotypes about Black people and even glorifying the negative aspects of their cultures that keep them down in the first place. Many seem to have lost the sense for family values and thus a disproportionate amount of African-Americans grow up in a single parent household. Most Black folk I've interacted with either have no respect for education or no respect for themselves and so do no pursue better education. There are a lot of internal problems that hold the Black community down.

However, it is an undeniable fact that there is a lot in society going against them. The neighborhoods they live in are basically ones they were corralled into after decades of policies preventing them from integrating with White neighbors. These neighborhoods have poorly funded education systems, and are sub-par at best. I often volunteer with an inner-city education program, and people expected to read and comprehend at an 8th grade level rarely do - not just the kids, the parents too. The water in these neighborhoods is tainted and not pure. The pipes were probably laid down during the 1950s or 60s and were never replaced or maintained properly. The water is basically poisoned. The communities that depend on these pipes are left no choice because constantly buying water or filters is too expensive in the long run. So from a young age they drink tainted water. The food they eat is mostly unhealthy. Fast food is cheap and easy. Who has time/money to work 2+ minimum wage jobs while taking care of kids and also go grocery shopping for healthy food and then prepping meals when you are a single parent? Compound this with poor public transport and a need for car + car insurance (super expensive if you are from an "at risk" community). So from a young age they are also eating food that does not satisfy the nutritional requirements for a growing mind (actually damages/stunts brain development at young ages). This is a recipe for people not developing properly. Poor education, poor nutrition, poor water, gang violence, prevalence of drugs and access to them from young ages, perpetual lack of money because everything is more expensive when you are poor and no spouse/family for support, constant media showing them that is is okay or even glorifying it and so much more.

So how did they get here? They were slaves, we all know that - but why are they in such a hopeless situation? There are plenty. This is where all the cries of systemic racism come into play. One example is because they were treated as second class citizens til the 1960s, most never really had the opportunity to build wealth beyond daily laboring. They were denied loans or given unfairly high interest rates simply based on their skin color and this was perfectly legal for the longest time. The law is also not blind in this country. Black Americans are sentenced more harshly and get more prison time for the same crimes as White Americans. Disproportionate time for the same crime. This is fairly well studied and greatly contributes to the amount of single family households in the Black community. The police themselves are more likely to use force and kill Black Americans which instills in them a huge distrust/hate for authority.

So what do we do? The main thing should be to provide adequate services to them. Ensure that healthy food is accessible to them (or regulate fast food to make it healthier), improve public transport so they can live in cheaper communities and commute to work, fix our pipe infrastructure, properly fund/reform our education system so they are at least meeting national standards, and for the broader public to stop viewing Black Americans as subhuman criminals. These things will result in them joining the ranks with the rest of society in prosperity..... over time. What do we do about the people currently in these situations? Honestly, I don't know. We can definitely address the underlying issues so that Black Americans tomorrow have better opportunities, but what do we do about those today? This is the difficult question nobody has an answer to or really wants to answer.

Their history was bad, and their treatment in the legal system is also bad, granted. But... Their bad history was 70 years ago, and their culture actually deteriorated since then. The more free they became, the less cultured they became. I mean WTF!!! And their legal treatment is much, much better than what it was 70 years ago.

The fact is everything you mentioned as bad for blacks is a luxury in India. Even our govt here doesn't recommend drinking water directly from taps, for water that they supply as 'drinking water'. Tainted? In India, you could die from it. So even the poorest of households in cities have a basic filtration system, or they at least boil the water before drinking it. A basic filtration system can be procured for basically nothing, probably less than a monthly phone bill and can last for years. 99.99% of Indians have no access to unsecured credit for basic education, but more than 8% now have a bachelor's degree (half that of the blacks living in the US).

Honestly, all I see is excuses.

Yeah, it's sad that they were treated badly before and they missed their own economy's golden age in the 60s and 70s, but the access and opportunities they have today is challenged only by a few countries, and they are still unable to take advantage of such a system. In fact they are not even trying to.

Here's something interesting I came across.

loan.png

I suspect this has more to do with the family unit. The article says that 90% of blacks take education loans for 4-year UG degrees compared to 60% among whites. And we all know 4-year degrees are way more expensive than 3 or 2-year degrees, and not just due to the number of years. What I assume is white families start saving for their kids' college education early on, thereby saving a whole lot of money during their education. They may instead end up taking much smaller amounts in loans for the same degree. Otoh, the predominantly broken families among blacks force them to take much larger sums in loans due to a low savings rate for a more expensive type of education. The difference is pretty astounding, 2x.

As for their sub-par education, you need a basic understanding in spoken English in order to comprehend STEM fields. I have seen people understand and speak even less English than the blacks do and still graduate from Engineering colleges in India while giving their exams in English. And in India, it's all essay type answers. And I'm not talking about just 1 or 2. A single class has dozens who come in on govt quotas to Engg colleges into cities and barely speak even a lick of English, but still finish the course. A close friend of mine came from Kerala (the clue's right there) and couldn't even string a legible English sentence together when he joined and is now working in the Middle East as a telecom engineer, plus speaks English well. So this excuse of a sub-par education is only an excuse. Blacks could always speak English, but then even there they have screwed up the language.

As for their media glorifying their broken culture, I'm pretty sure at least 1 adult in a household has enough common sense to explain to their child how the world works. If the adults fail at fulfilling such a basic duty even, then again, it goes back to broken families.

Their biggest problem is their dads running away. Second biggest remains access to education. Third is everything else. They fix the first two, the third problem will simply disappear.

Reactions: Ginvincible
Lyndon B Johnson perfectly describe What's happening right now in US.

EZx_TG4U0AE0KPO.jpeg

and this was more than 50 years ago lol.

Reactions: jetray
Didn't know about that visa program.
Probably Swedish youth use that option.
My upstairs neighbor in Sweden were a single father and his son.
The dad was retired Swedish military, the son was good for nothing spoiled brat.
Even he went to USA.
From what I have seen and heard is that whites immigrating to USA get far better acceptance and opportunities than any person of colour.
Nobody calls a white, Swedish American or English American. They are just American.
But coloured people are African Americans, Indian Americans and such.
If you are white and dont go hollering hola. ....hola (those hombres)......ppl will respect and give you enough space to feel welcomed. Any thing other than that, boy you are goner. Only other white ppl who get badly treated are those homeless ones and rag tag looking.

Problem is lack of diversity, thats the reason why keep harping on it all the time. We are used to seeing ppl of different shapes, sizes, color and peculiarities (may be other than blacks from africa) who are totally different from us. Even though we might be hesitant to interact initially but go through the process bcos its not something new.

As they say birds of same feather flock together, they are mostly comfortable with who look just like them and it is natural human tendency . But what has made it worse is prejudiced thinking they are superior and rest of them are not. If you see most of the whites will treat or trust each other but not other ppl. Most often you can observe that behavior that they respond in a different manner when interacting. You might get a positive response when not in person like email or phone call but a different response in person.

As they say birds of same feather flock together, they are mostly comfortable with who look just like them and it is natural human tendency . But what has made it worse is prejudiced thinking they are superior and rest of them are not. If you see most of the whites will treat or trust each other but not other ppl. Most often you can observe that behavior that they respond in a different manner when interacting. You might get a positive response when not in person like email or phone call but a different response in person.

Yep. Agree with that. In my class alone, there were different cliques. Students with different languages and cultures stuck together and rarely interacted with students of other cliques. And this was literally with people sitting next to each other for 4 years. It's a pretty normal thing though.