Geelani quits Hurriyat. (err...kicked out)

jetray

Mar 15, 2018
India
opportunistic pig geelani finally gets kicked out . Wanted to become the jinnah of kashmir by grabbing power on religious lines, now is completely sidelined by their masters in pakistan.

Knew This Will Happen: Officials As Hurriyat Leader Quits After 27 Years
An intelligence report from the Home Ministry said Geelani now blames Pakistan for "degradation" of separatist movement in Kashmir, while Pakistan made it clear that he has outlived his utility, an officer said.
All IndiaWritten by Neeta Sharma, Edited by Anindita SanyalUpdated: June 30, 2020 10:42 pm IST
Knew This Will Happen: Officials As Hurriyat Leader Quits After 27 Years

90-year-old Syed Ali Shah Geelani retired from Kashmir Valley's biggest separatist amalgam on Monday

New Delhi:
Hawkish Hurriyat Leader Syed Ali Geelani's move to quit the separatist body after 27 years' association came after he was sidelined by Pakistan and its army intelligence, the ISI, sources in the home ministry told NDTV. The 90-year-old had resigned from Kashmir Valley's biggest separatist amalgam yesterday, accusing it of conspiring against him and failing to fire up the separatist movement after Centre scrapped the special status of Jammu and Kashmir last August.

An intelligence report from the Home Ministry now says Geelani blames Pakistan for "degradation" of separatist movement in Kashmir, while Pakistan, which for years had depended on him, made it clear that he has outlived his utility, an officer said.

Pakistan has changed its tactics after Article 370 was revoked last year, said a senior officer handling the Pakistan desk in the ministry said, "The focus of the ISI now is not azaadi for Kashmiris but more pan-Islamic. And for this, they want a leader who does not question them and just follow their diktats," the officer said.
"We knew this would happen as Geelani was continuously being sidelined by ISI and Pakistan," added a senior bureaucrat in the Home Ministry.
The separatists' reaction to the scrapping of special status had also baffled Pakistan, officials said.

"Pakistan expected Kashmiris will revolt against Indian state after Centre abolished Article 370 but nothing happened. Geelani expected Pakistan will raise this issue internationally but nothing happened and both became disillusioned with each other," said Avinash Mohananey who handled Kashmir desk in IB for over a decade and also served in Pakistan. "Now both are blaming each other," he added.

"Geelani's letter was an eye-opener. He has admitted his path was wrong, Kashmir used for personal gains," state police chief Dilbagh Singh told NDTV.
The intelligence report says Mr Geelani was also upset with other separatist leaders for mishandling funds related to medical seats. He was not too keen with GM Safi, Hurriyat convenor in Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir as there were allegations against him of mishandling funds.

"Geelani then got Abdullah Geelani elected against wishes of many in Hurriyat. But it seems there was resistance in ISI against Abdullah so a month ago, the ISI got Mohammad Hussain Khateeb elected as convenor," said an officer, explaining the internal dynamics of Hurriyat and its relationship with Pakistan. "Geelani saw it as an insult as he was not consulted, he added.

"Pakistan earlier used to blindly support Geelani and that's why they did not let any other separatist leaders grow in valley," said the head of an intelligence agency. While Mr Geelani's successor will not make the same impact, secession will only grow in valley in coming years, he said, as the new puppets propped up by Pakistan would compete with each other in taking a hard stance.

Pakistan has changed its tactics after Article 370 was revoked last year, said a senior officer handling the Pakistan desk in the ministry said, "The focus of the ISI now is not azaadi for Kashmiris but more pan-Islamic. And for this, they want a leader who does not question them and just follow their diktats," the officer said.
This could be the reason why there is a sudden spurt in the fake twitter handles tweeting about Kashmir from various Islamic countries. The narrative is to equate Kashmir's situation with that of Palestine and build some sort of public pressure/perception. Aljazeera, BBC and TRT are at the forefront and tailored to global Islamist audience. Islamists from the subcontinent living in Europe and especially in US are colloborating heavily, some weeks ago I was randomly following US politics on Twitter, I saw a tweet from a guy from Bangladesh living in US(his father is the Citibank CEO in US), when I looked at his history, he had a lot of tweets on Kashmir and Israel(but nothing on Uighuirs or China), Incidentally he was very vocal about support for Biden (The propaganda was subtle and well thought out, nothing like you would expect from uneducated rabid Islamist) and against Bernie Sanders, of course the hope is Biden would be tough with India on Kashmir :LOL:

This could be the reason why there is a sudden spurt in the fake twitter handles tweeting about Kashmir from various Islamic countries. The narrative is to equate Kashmir's situation with that of Palestine and build some sort of public pressure/perception. Aljazeera, BBC and TRT are at the forefront and tailored to global Islamist audience. Islamists from the subcontinent living in Europe and especially in US are colloborating heavily, some weeks ago I was randomly following US politics on Twitter, I saw a tweet from a guy from Bangladesh living in US(his father is the Citibank CEO in US), when I looked at his history, he had a lot of tweets on Kashmir and Israel(but nothing on Uighuirs or China), Incidentally he was very vocal about support for Biden (The propaganda was subtle and well thought out, nothing like you would expect from uneducated rabid Islamist) and against Bernie Sanders, of course the hope is Biden would be tough with India on Kashmir :LOL:
BIden has already made statements in support of kashmir struggle. and there is a strong lobby for kashmir struggle inside dems party. NRIs did not get into lobbying as much as pakistan has unfortunately.

currently on twitter there is a huge propaganda machine running maligning India & Indians on every front. twitter handles get created every & then now spew the same garbage. What I dont see is the Indian response to get those handles shutdown or counter them. Worse is they assume phoren names or locations to make it look like natives but their language & content gives away their agenda.