French Army Discussions & Updates

KNDS Ascalon 140mm MBT round.

1718635949884.png

The article says that it's a tender where two contestants are competing: Thales+ArianeGroup on one side, Safran+MBDA on the other. Both have the know-how to make missiles (ArianeGroup makes the M51 nuke missiles after all), so there's not much worry that the winning offer will be good.

The question is whether they'll have enough customers that we can build more than ten...

The article says that it's a tender where two contestants are competing: Thales+ArianeGroup on one side, Safran+MBDA on the other. Both have the know-how to make missiles (ArianeGroup makes the M51 nuke missiles after all), so there's not much worry that the winning offer will be good.

The question is whether they'll have enough customers that we can build more than ten...
The question is on size. 1,000km, ballistic, Mach 5, what size?

Can't answer that at the moment.
The question is on size. 1,000km, ballistic, Mach 5, what size?
If I had to play the "choose any two" game, I'd favor long range and a size that gives the ability to fit their launch pods onto existing HIMARS/M270/LRU systems.

Can't answer that at the moment.

If I had to play the "choose any two" game, I'd favor long range and a size that gives the ability to fit their launch pods onto existing HIMARS/M270/LRU systems.
It looks like a different size. At a guess, I'd say 8 x 300mm x 5m rockets depicted.
1718821501544.png