France: Updates and Discussion

BMD

Dec 4, 2017
Reactions: zinswinsin
WTF is happening @Picdelamirand-oil, @Bon Plan, @Amarante?

Look at the bright side Paddy' . If Le Pen was elected , she'd quit NATO , snuggle upto to Putler getting in oil & gas at huge discount thus jump starting the economy paying for all this in roubles of course , launch a campaign for Frexit thus keeping their brother in arms
i.e you , company , followed by exiting FCAS leaving Germany free to embrace the Tempest program which all the existing partners including you can't afford coz you're broke & last but not the least launch a drive to stop the immigration of your favourite religious group in the world - the Muslims into France coming down hard on existing migrants to assimilate not pandering to their backward customs & traditions - something you personally & your politicians can't even have a wet dream about.

Key will be how the Melanchon's supporters will vote.
Melanchon (between left and ultra left) himself asked not to give a single vote to Le Pen, but it's not so obvious.

Melanchon result was surprising. As Zemmour result was disappointing. All is now possible, with a lighter bonus for Macron than in 2017.

Key will be how the Melanchon's supporters will vote.
Melanchon (between left and ultra left) himself asked not to give a single vote to Le Pen, but it's not so obvious.

Melanchon result was surprising. As Zemmour result was disappointing. All is now possible, with a lighter bonus for Macron than in 2017.
If I were a Marine Le Pen media advisor , I'd play up news that all of Europe doesn't want to see France elect Le Pen appealing to French pride . It's a winning proposition in most independent minded societies. Eg such a pitch in the UK about the US will fall flat .

• Haha
Reactions: Innominate
If I were a Marine Le Pen media advisor , I'd play up news that all of Europe doesn't want to see France elect Le Pen appealing to French pride . It's a winning proposition in most independent minded societies. Eg such a pitch in the UK about the US will fall flat .
I really don't know. Everyone a little bit aware in France knows that full right wing is not the EU "recommended" choice... But Marine LePen is not Adolf H or Benito M !

Reactions: _Anonymous_
Macron, 44, won with 58.5 per cent of the vote against Le Pen’s 41.5 per cent after an aggressive second-round campaign in which he cast the leader of the National Rally as a far-right threat to democracy and European security.
Rather close considering that she is described as far-right. The BNP, which is the UK equivalent never got more than about 1%.

Reactions: R73 FTW